Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login!

Remove Mandatory Facebook login in order to accept friend requests and use the Oculus app. I have never had Facebook nor do i want it. I just want to play vr. I don’t want to have to have facebook to enjoy my 500$ Virtual Reality Headset with my friends.

3,713 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

375 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Software IPD Adjust on Quest 2

Please add software ipd adjust on top of the hardware solution to improve quality (stereo effect and chromatic aberration) for people that fall in between or slightly out of the 58/63/68mm of the hardware iPd adjustment.

This way we would get a good enough hybrid of quest 1 and rift s in terms of adjustment :)

Sadly there isn’t a quest 2 page on here yet, so I hope that this idea still finds a few people that vote on it :)

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Users

Have user profiles so families can share a Quest and we can demo it to guests. Most games don't have save slots so if you had user profiles in Home we could have multiple saves.

6,645 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

678 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Oculus Quest users to see the time spent in each app

Let us see how much time we've spent in each app like you can on the Rift platform

1,638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow use to download videos/photos straight to our phones

If you can make it we’re you can download videos/photos straight to our phones then it makes it easier for people who’s want to show friends-family how good the quest is.

877 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make cloud saves mandatory to ensure save data is not lost when performing a factory reset

My understanding is that cloud save functionality is available, but most developers choose not to use it.

It should be part of the Oculus approval process for games to ensure data is not lost if the Quest unit requires a factory reset, breaks or is lost/stolen.

This is something that is seen as the norm for other ‘consoles’ so should be the standard if aiming for VR to be mainstream.

Backing up with usb over developer mode is not a good enough solution for the majority as it requires manual backups.

1,055 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the Quest FCC certification and up the display to 90Hz, at least when connected to PC VR

I just saw John Carmack mention this in his OC6 talk. I mean, come on, if there's a chance you can up this thing to 90Hz, even if it's only for desktop mode, then you really should make this happen. Yeah, it's a hassle and cost on your side, but not one customer is going to complain about you making their VR experience the best it can be, especially when from their end there's no hassle involved in getting that.

1,799 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring Oculus Gallery to Quest2

On Quest1 there is a native Gallery app to view photos/videos. On Quest2 this app is missing and personal media can only be viewed through Oculus TV. The issue is with a large amount of files, OculusTV is impractical to use because you must scroll to the right to find files. Gallery allowed media to be grouped by directories. Files can be sorted in different ways with thumbnail and list view. For users with hundreds of photos and videos please either bring us Gallery or integrate the folder grouping and file sorting features into Oculus TV.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PLEASE MAKE REPLACEMENT CONTROLLERS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!!!!!

My son's right touch controller is busted and needs to be replaced! I've been trying to find one to purchase with no outcome. He now has an Oculus Quest that he can't play!!! I don't understand why the controllers aren't available to purchase!!!!!!!

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Electronic Gift Cards (e-gift cards) or ability to buy store credit

E-Gift Cards, or simply buying Oculus store credits, solves many problems while being relatively easy to implement.

• Parents can add credits for their kids, allowing them to choose games to buy without needing to store their credit card information

• Friends and family can buy e-gift cards, print them, and stick them in a holiday card or have them delivered to the recipient on a future date

• People can indirectly use it to gift games to each other ("Here's a $20 credit, use it to buy xxxx so we can play together!")

• Facebook doesn't need to solve physical card distribution problems…
    102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Quest Accessible for People who are Deaf

Set new dev guidelines that force all developers to incorporate accessibility features for people who are deaf.

Subtitles, some other UX prompts, I'm no expert and not deaf but I have built websites for the blind and consider accessibility fundamental to the user experience.

This idea was inspired by this Reddit users post https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/e997wb/quitealotofthequestappsarecompletely/

827 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show controller charge level as percentage.

Please restore the percentage icons for the controllers on the Quest home. The percentage bar was more useful and accurate. Thank you.

ArnookieVR??

956 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Family Sharing

Several other platforms like Steam, PlayStation, etc. offer family sharing for multiple users in the same household. The same game can’t be played at the same time across multiple accounts or devices, but can be shared within a household in the same way that physical media works.

2,318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

185 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More guardian settings

I wish we had more guardian options, e.g. opacity level, only the line/border on the floor (without the surrounding grid), distance threshold/tolerance settings for grid/border activation and a radius setting for the stationary circle (its a little bit too narrow by default).

My play space is big enough to move a few steps in every direction, but when swinging in beat saber or point my arms forward in space pirate Trainer the guardian comes up to eagerly.

Thanks for consideration!

You guys rock btw :)

2,264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

As part of the build 7.0 update that is rolling out this week, we’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:

- If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
    - If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
    - You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting for now. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

15. Customizable home space

I'd like the ability to customize the home environment in Quest, personalizing it to my tastes.

Best case scenario, I'd like to see the same home functionality seen on Rift, possibly with cross compatibility.

If that's not technically possible though, then perhaps a less complex environment, or perhaps predefined 'skins' developed by the UX team.

2,231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who has voted for this idea! As part of a previous software update, we added the Environments setting to give you more control over your Home space. You can view and change your environment from your Settings panel. To do this point at your bottom toolbar and select Settings > See all > Virtual Environments. Then point and choose the environment that you want to apply. This feature is now available to all users.

As both the initial idea and the comments speak to a functionality request that goes beyond this addition (things like decorating your space with objects, being able to move around the space, etc.), we are marking this idea as started to leave it open for voting rather than closing it as complete. We hope you are enjoying the new environment options we have added!

16. Partner with Alta VR Studios to bring A Township Tale to the Quest.

If Oculus partners up with Alta VR Studios and port A Township Tale to the Oculus Quest. Of course, the graphics would have to be lowered a bit (I think), but even then I think it would become a HUGE success, I've heard alot of people tell me they're sad that A Township Tale isn't on the Oculus Quest, and that they don't have a good enough PC to stream it via ALVR/other means of streaming. If you make this happen, I think the sales of the Quest would go up, and you would get a lot of happy fans.…

1,204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the sit down guardian system adjustable in size

It would be nice if I could make the guardian barrier bigger while playing seated games. If I’m sitting in the middle of a room in a rotating chair I’m capable of fully extending my arms without hitting anything, but the guardian system is often activated. If I set the guardian to roomscale, then sitting doesn’t work well for some games as they now require me to stand and move around more.

1,943 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

1,828 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow us to change brightness.

Allow the brightness to be changed like the Oculus Go.

1,713 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Oculus Gift Cards

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, PlayStation network cards.

Using PayPal or a Credit/Debit Card is inconvenient since if we don't have a credit/debit card or PayPal we can't purchase the games.

Even though you created an Oculus Quest which doesn't require PC or insight Track you can't really expect us to purchase the Oculus…

1,635 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 119 120
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base