Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. How about hiring a new SVP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain?

How about hiring a new SVP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain? You have the worst product availability (Quest) of any tech/gaming product that I’ve ever seen....not even close to any other company. Whoever it is (maybe a student intern?) should be reassigned to the mail room. I can’t believe you are out of the product yet again and crazy prices on Amazon have started again like over the Christmas holidays.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Countdown on the Quest, so it can stop to play after a presetting time. Good to demo or to prevent motion sickness

I'd like to have a coundown timer. For example I put 30 minutes then I start to play. After that time it can stop the app and go back to the main room. So I can take a break to prevent motion sickness with regular interval.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix the bug concerning streaming over hotspot

When there is no wifi it must be possible to connect to a hotspot coming from the phone the companion app is installed on.
    When trying to start streaming an error appears saying the devices are not connected to the same network.

phone: unknown ssid
    quest: <hotspot name>

thank you

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please fix the Developer Forum, impossible to log in or register, same as https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/68662/

The cross domain OAuth on the Dev Forum is broken. I have tried to register/log-in from PC and Mac using IE, Firefox and Safari all of which give an infinite loading hourglass. I have literally the exact same problem as this user:
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/64155/avatar-shader-error

But the answer was not posted and I can't log in to say I am having the error too.

It appears that other people have had this problem as well, here is someone saying they are seeing the same thing I am.
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/68662/cant-log-in-to-forum

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Incorrect translation in Polish on "My Order" form

Hello,

I ordered my Oculus Quest lately and "My Order" form is stating, in Polish, "Dostawa do 17 Grudnia", which after translation to English means "Delivery until 17th of December".

I checked with support and change my language to English to realize that this information is regarding dispatch, not the delivery. It should state "Wysyłka do 17 Grudnia".

Fast delivery convinces me to order my Oculus from the official website, not a local shop. I was so excited, now I'm a little bit disappointed.

Could you please look into it, as for sure that section is affecting the satisfaction level…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not getting rid of Beat On

Beat Saber is the main reason people are buying the Oculus Quest, making it to where Beat On can no longer be continued is going to make your users go DOWN. That was the only thing making the quest worth it, and you blew it. Poor move on you guys.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello you wonderful people, I had the pleasure of getting the Oculus quest when it was launched last year. One of the games I purchased was

Hello you wonderful people,

I had the pleasure of getting the Oculus quest when it was launched last year.
    One of the games I purchased was the Racket fury. I think it is FANTASTIC.

One problem, I started at level 5 now with a lot of practise ( I’m loving every moment of it ) I have graduated to level 9. At this rate I think I should get to level 10 soon. My worry is what happens then. Do you currently have another one I can buy which can take me to the next level ? If not, have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How about a rewards program.

I've only had my Quest for a couple of weeks and already I've talked 5 people into purchasing one. My Hasbro rep that delivers my Star Wars items was over Saturday and I showed him Vader. All he kept saying was "oh my god this is so fricken awesome". So that makes number 6. You should have a referral program for some free games or something like that. Thanks for reading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Offer support

Bought this yesterday for son’s birthday- 18 hours later and it’s still “Updating headset in progress- 50%. He’s 10 years old and was so excited to get the Quest- there’s no live support- only “help yourself” - that is, read thru articles of the hundreds of others who need support. But, it’s Facebook, so...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it work for more than a week

So got the oculus quest 124 gb headset and after a week it wouldn't turn on even though I charged it for 3 hours straight. I had to spend a whole 10 minutes doing chores so I can get one and for it not to work after a week I was mad. So try making it work for more than a week thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Poor retention of USB-C connector sets on the Quest/Link cable combination.

Even with the provided clip, the USB-C connections are easily dislodged. I suspect a flawed connector design, but haven't tested a variety of other connector sets. Changing to a different connector may be the only cure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Language Learning Apps

Software that allows individuals learning a new language interact with AI or other Oculus users in immersive real life scenarios to promote learning the new language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Eye tracker in the VR headset

It would be very interesting to integrate an eye tracker in the headset in order to know how the people are watching.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Game modifications support

The one big thing that separates PCs from consoles in gaming is the modding support. With modding you can turn average games to awesome. Games like Beat Saber and Pavlov are already prime examples how a mere mod-support can carry a game.

In VR we still don't have a super wide library of long and fantastic games, which underlines the need for user generated content.

Oculus Quest should break the barrier of what is possible and bring all-in-one devices closer to PCVR.

Requirements:
    1. Technical support for game modding.
    2. Simple user interface for mod browsing and installation.
    3. Basic…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. change the wrist straps on the pointers(can't remember name for handheld joysticks). Would be nice to have velcro. Straps get loose.

change the wrist straps on the pointers(can't remember name for handheld joysticks). Would be nice to have velcro. Straps get loose now, don't stay tight after a few weeks or Sports Scramble!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add the gtx 960 for compatibility

Some people cant afford or are in a position to get a new gpu, so it would be nice if the 960 was supported. Granted games wont look the absolute best, but i would like to use oculus home and stop using alvr.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you create another untethered headset, use a better chip. A much better chip!

I continue to be profoundly disappointed with my Quest. All of the videos that I have seen show so much better resolution than what I am seeing. It is a joke!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1.Mapping and tracking for physical keyboard. Same for mouse. 2. upgrade hardware to make outside play possible even in full sunlight. 3. Je

1.Mapping and tracking for physical keyboard. Same for mouse.
    2. upgrade hardware to make outside play possible even in full sunlight.
    3. Jedi knight outcast remastered for vr.
    4.haptic feedback gloves specifically designed to simulate holding controllers and actually feeling button presses. (When the controller is virtual, they can take any shape as needed per game!)
    5. playstation vr compatibility

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Low Vision Accessibility in the Headset Dashboard

There are many low vision users interested in VR and the Quest, myself included. As both a Rift and Quest owner, I would love to see more Low Vision Accessibility in the Oculus dashboards.

There are a couple of ways that would greatly help with this.

Please add full 6 degrees of freedom, movement/head tracking in the Oculus Home/Dashboard interface. Interestingly, a user can crouch down and get closer to the bottom navigation bar, but the overall UI is at a fixed distance away from the user's eyes, no matter where you move or lean. Being able to freely move…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In game orientation

We need a compass or some sort of directional marker to give me a reference to my real life Orientation

The guardian is such a good feature but a permanent marker in game would make me feel so much more comfortable in the vr environment

When I put my headset on I face the same direction every time, it's so disorientating not knowing where my real world "north" is, especially now the gf has put the Xmas tree in my vr corner

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base