Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Allow Direct HDMI Video Input to Oculus 2 Headset

Oculus had indicated the Quest 2 headset would accept HDMI video; however, it appears one has to have a PC between the headset and the video device in order to do this. This is TOTALLY impractical for use of the headset with cameras and drones in the field. I had originally intended to use the Oculus 2 headset with two DJI drones and several Sony full frame cameras. This idea has been squashed!!

A hardware adapter allowing HDMI input and output to the headset would make my purchase of the Oculus worthwhile. As it is the headset will get minimal…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Argument reality adding displays from my computer

Allow me to display different desktops from my computer, be able to display 3/4 monitors on VR

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get Facebook to be more responsive on locked accounts

Facebook randomly locked my account several months ago, stating that I was under the required age to have an account. This seemed rather odd as a 50+ old male whose been using Facebook for nearly a decade.

I jumped through all the hoops on Facebook and never got an actual response from a human, just more algorithms stating how much they cared and would get to it shortly.

Last week I purchased an Oculus device and attempted to have them unlock the account. Was promised it would be resolved in 7 days. Well, here we are 8 days later and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Facebook/Oculus link

remove the requirement of linking a Facebook account to use Oculus products

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Card games

I think a “cards” genre could be added with card games like uno, cards against humanity, canasta, phase 10 and spades just to name a few, would be totally awesome!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a official Oculus Discord server

I think that a official Oculus Discord server would be a great place to get quick support from the community, find people to play with, chat about games etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Oculus Forum - Add a Section for Non-Oculus headsets

On the Oculus Forum site there is a General forum that ends up cluttered with discussion around non-Oculus headsets. While that discussion is valuable, it tends to overtake the overall topics and tends to spark debate over which products are superior/inferior. If we had a forum for non-Oculus headsets, then the community could have much more mature discussion about these things without prompting constant and needless product debate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Military support

I was wondering if it would be possible to have 2-3 sets donated for me to help boost morale in my unit. Sometimes there are low points in soldiers morale and I believe that offering these as a morale boost and distraction from daily stressors. I know you get requests a lot for such things however I believe these guys deserve it. They work hard and need to be rewarded for the hard work. I would love to be able to buy them myself however I spend so much time and money on my soldiers as it is and cannot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a widget for streaming tchat

Hi, do you think its possible to add a feature to pin a pinable windows of oculus dash on the controller like OVR tool kit and LIV VR. Cause it only works on steam VR.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update Avatar SDK so it supports Quest2 controllers

The Avatar SDK is missing Quest 2 controller support, you already have the animations and controller models, shouldn't be that hard to add Quest 2 controllers to the Avatar SDK. At the moment avatar controller types are Touch, Malibu, Go and Quest...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it so u can change the controllers color so u could make it to show it black while in vr.

U could change the color in settings and the options would be black and white

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i want to stream on twitch or youtube not facebook

im gonna be honest having the ability to stream only on facebook isnt a place to do that, being able to stream on say youtube, twitch or even mixer would be way better then facebook. my aunts don't care about video games like i do so ya.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Film your own Avatar within VR

I would like the ability to record myself - my avatar - while recording a video in game or chat or Horizons - allow a few camera angles (over the shoulder, front facing and wide etc. This would be great for creating cinematic experiences, presentations, in game reviews etc. This would be great for creating collaborative movies with a group of people. Basically, some basic film-making capability. But we also need mic access and ability to use external mics as well. Oh and the option to save wide-screen video format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. RESIDENT EVILS VR IN OCULUS QUEST2

Make it all SAGA OF RESIDENT EVIL IN VR SYSTEMS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Meta Quest 2 official Microsoft Xbox VR companion

The next major competitor to meta quest will be the PSVR2. I believe that it would be straightforward (from a technical standpoint) for Meta / Microsoft to collaborate and make the quest 2 the official VR headset for the xbox - with a 'Virtual Desktop / Air Link' connection between the new xbox and the Quest 2. This would be for PCVR ports, VR enhanced games or titles worked on between microsoft / Meta. This would certainly increase the amount of quest headsets being purchased globally, hugely impact sales of the psvr2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please please ship to India also, wanted to buy

please ship to India also, I really want to buy, but the only option available to buy is Amazon which cost double of its original price, please please ship to India also and provide support for your device in India

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. when doing an RMA with DHL, specify that you have to use locator.dhl.com to find the DHL point

I had to do an RMA and was sent a DHL shipping label and told to go to "any DHL point". Turns out that only some DHL point would accept the package, specifically the ones listed at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://locator.dhl.com__;!!Bt8RZUm9aw!oaeA4l5s8dAdvc2fJVeZvlojF4YQZrjSnzAZD03I6-RYcy1cPAw69XDWwQAWV3vg$
    Other DHL POPs were not accepted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Everyone in a Workrooms meeting -- including headset users and nonheadset users -- needs to be able to create an avatar.

One of the main attributes of the use of Oculus Quest's Workrooms is how not everyone in a Workrooms meeting needs to have a Quest headset. Still, I was both shocked and disappointed to learn ONLY Quest headset users can create an avatar. Other VR applications allow nonheadset users to create an avatar (for browser window or viewer access to the platform). Further, the inability of everyone (read: headset users and nonheadset users) to create and use an avatar in a Workrooms meeting creates two classes of meeting attendees and likely will limit the attractiveness of the platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1,258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Headset Tracker

Something that you need to add to the headset is a tracker because I lost my headset and I’m sure other people have to and there is no tracker so you can’t find it I’m sure other people have gone through this same thing before and I think a tracker would be a great help for people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base