Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Please provide Factory Firmware Images and let end-users fix their own headset without a Return to Manufacturer / Retailer

A friend's Quest recently started exhibiting regular random reboots. A factory reset did not resolve the issue. Oculus support suggested asking Amazon for a replacement, as device is still within first year of purchase.
    This is fine, however what happens if something goes wrong with the headset and it is out of warranty?

Oculus could provide Factory Firmware Images for Quest and instructions for their safe use.

In my experience with Android over the years, such image files are the most effective way to resolve a wide range of issues. Not only does this solution reduce the number of potential…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for Link for GTX 1650

Oculus app and link support for more cards. Currently running a GTX1650 which is unsupported.

Please add this to the base of cards supported. I am a VR developer and can't edit or create experiences directly in the editor because of this limitation.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Oculus link work with full color range inside Steam VR

Right now using Oculus Link to play Steam VR games outputs a limited RGB color range (16-235) to the Quest display, this causes washed out colors and low contrast overall. Please change this to use the Full RBG color range (0-255) so we can use the display on our devices to it's full capacity.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need a better head strap solution

The current solution frankly sucks, and I am yet to meet another user who doesn’t think so. The top strap doesn’t go long enough to support the excess weight of the HMD against the back of your head like the CV1 rift, the facial interface material is really unpleasant and does a poor job of distributing weight, as is I have to choose between the whole weight of the device against either my forehead, or my cheekbones, both cause a headache after just a few minutes (NOT the VR sickness kind).

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Delete Demo’s and more

Let me get the ability to delete demos from my library. Like completely off my account not just in uninstalled apps. I also would like to see more library organized like A-Z you know?

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rechargable batteries

The quest controllers should have rechargable batteries like modern game consoles with an official charger. Should come with two sets so you can swap out battery packs while charging.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow screen casting of OQ2 headset regardless the account in use

Screen casting needs to be enabled always on the primary account, regardless the account in use, as it works now, you cannot screen cast at all when a secondary account is logged in

I have two Oculus Quest 2 to host friends at my place and play together using app sharing.
    Both headset are on my primary facebook account, and one headset has "app sharing" enabled and i let my friends logging in with their own accounts.

When a secondary account is in an Oculus Quest 2 device, there is no way to cast the screen because it requires the…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spotify Integration

It would be great to add a Spotify like the new Spotify Stations app that you can pull up in any game you are in.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CASTING WITHOUT CHROMECAST!

Cast without buying Chromecast! SmartTV, same WI-FI, Quest headset...CONNECT! DONE!

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trade window for old Oculus Quest 2 64 GB model to the new 128 Gb version

Allow customers who have recently purchased the 64GB Oculus Quest 2 to trade it in for the new Oculus Quest 128GB model

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Steam

STEAM SUPPORT!

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to Disable/Enable the Vibrate on the controllers

There are games that is fun to have the vibrate effect, and there are some just annoying and battery consume.

I would like to have the option to Enable/Disable the vibrate effect.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We NEED a Minority Report style home menu screen!!!

Minority Report style home menu screen, where you can grab and move tiles and VR touch to open them. Some tiles can also be a few second video clips.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login!

Social Media is not something I will entertain and haven't done for years. Bought Quest, loved it. Found out right now that I can't add friends without facebook account. Now hate it with a passion. You truly are idiots for even thinking that was a good idea. I give it a month or I sell it. Absolutely insane to believe that everyone uses that nonsense

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Powerful Cloud streaming service like Stadia but for the Quest!

With the arrival of Google Stadia this year and the power of the Oculus Quest it only makes sense that the two should somehow come together. You have seen the demand for more power on the quest based on how people want their PCVR games to play on it. Having a streaming service like Stadia only makes perfect sense with a console like the Quest. And if not stadia then Oculus should develop their own service. The potential is their for VR to explode. Its just a matter of companies like oculus looking at the amazing product they created and…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include a setting to appear offline

Please add an option on the Quest 2 to appear offline (whilst staying online).

Sometimes I don't want to be disturbed by my friends asking me to play Population One.

It's a fairly common feature on other games consoles and shouldn't be difficult to include.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Oculus Quest needs some way to share accounts with multiple headsets for families to use.

I wanted to buy Oculus Quest headsets for my entire family until I learned that there is no family sharing of accounts. I do not want to purchase the same games 4 times in order for us to share multi-player so I am not buying any Oculus headsets at this time. The Quest came so close to bringing our family into VR for the first time but if we can’t share the experience as a family, we are not interested.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Partner to bring at least one full-featured RPG natively to Quest

Please partner with one of the studios and bring at least one proper big single-player RPG natively to Quest. The genre is arguably one of the killer apps for VR, but a large RPG is notoriously expensive to produce or port. It would make the platform more wholesome and attractive. Without your support, it will take years until some studio finds the courage and the budget.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add roku tv to cast compatible device.

It would be great if I could cast my oculus quest 2 sessions to my roku tv for friends and family to enjoy.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Two devices one account

How come we cant set up 2 devices on one account??? Bought second quest to play against wife. Makes no sense to buy games twice so that we can play together in the same house

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base