Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Quest location tracking/GPS

I think it would be very good to add GPS tracking on the oculus quest. It’s a portable device that has the possibility to get lost. Both locations for where it’s currently at if powered on or at least the last location it was in if powered off or dead. Some way to ping it would be useful to, maybe setting speakers to max and playing a tone or flashing all the lights on it to give away its spot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. fog

I have an idea that prevents fogging headset which is a major problem especially if exercising

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Escape room for kids with multiplayer option

A kid safe/friendly escape room game that can be played with friends
    Most available are too scary for even teenagers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it so u can change the controllers color so u could make it to show it black while in vr.

U could change the color in settings and the options would be black and white

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Replaceable components inside the headset

Many users want screen replacements and have made many posts about it. My wish is that the next headset you make be fully modular so you could not only upgrade the screen, processor, and battery, but also replace them if they are damaged. There’s no reason a fully functional headset should be scrapped because it has a small screen burn in it and likewise when the battery starts failing because someone uses their headset constantly you should be able to replace it like you do on any android phone. Making the battery modular also allows for swapping when the headset…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please provide a method for detaching The required Facebook account from the Oculus account.

Please include the ability to detach the Facebook account from The Oculus account.
    The Australian government now has the power to upload anything to my facebook account as if it were me, even if it is illegal and I will be held responsible.
    I am not a user of social media and do not want to be exposed in this manner as I hold political views that hold personal freedom and privacy dear.
    Thank you for your involvement.
    Mark Castle.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Everyone in a Workrooms meeting -- including headset users and nonheadset users -- needs to be able to create an avatar.

One of the main attributes of the use of Oculus Quest's Workrooms is how not everyone in a Workrooms meeting needs to have a Quest headset. Still, I was both shocked and disappointed to learn ONLY Quest headset users can create an avatar. Other VR applications allow nonheadset users to create an avatar (for browser window or viewer access to the platform). Further, the inability of everyone (read: headset users and nonheadset users) to create and use an avatar in a Workrooms meeting creates two classes of meeting attendees and likely will limit the attractiveness of the platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. we want the elite strap batterie without the transport cases

we don't want to buy the transport cases we just want the elite strap with the batterie

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 120Hz feature for ALL Quest 2 headsets!!!

Meanwhile I am on v33 and I don't know how long I have to wait, but I (and many with me) still do not have the 120Hz feature. WHY???? Can you please make sure that all users that do not have this feature yet, will get it a.s.a.p.? This is starting to get really frustrating. Especially as all people I know who own a Quest 2 , do have it already.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. VOTE HERE! The idea is to give all Oculus Quest 2 64gb owners a €/$ 50 bonus for upgrading to the 128gb or 256gb version

VOTE HERE IN MASS TO MAKE OUR VOICE HEAR
    Open letter to Oculus and Facebook:

The Quest 2 came out in October 2020, I bought the 64gb model in February 2021, the 128gb model didn't exist in February so I couldn't choose it, in August 2021 the 64gb model is no longer sold (it costs no less) and it has been in fact replaced with the new 128gb model.
    So here it is not a question of having lowered the cost of the 64gb model, but after only 9 months it was completely discontinued, also the NEW 128gb model was…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a 5th camera to the back of the Headset for better controller tracking

I'm currently developing a game with a new, nausea-free locomotion system called, the Ninja Run. If you've ever watched Naruto, then you know how this works. You simply lean forward with your hands held back, then press and hold both triggers. The farther you lean the faster you will go. This system was origanlly developed with Outside In tracking, so it works beautifully in 360 degrees. But now that I've converted it to OpenXR using the Quest 2, it doesn't work as good, because the controllers lose tracking when positioned behind the players back. If the Quest included a 5th…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a 5th camera to the back of the Headset for better controller tracking

I'm currently developing a game with a new, nausea-free locomotion system called, the Ninja Run. If you've ever watched Naruto, then you know how this works. You simply lean forward with your hands held back, then press and hold both triggers. The farther you lean the faster you will go. This system was origanlly developed with Outside In tracking, so it works beautifully in 360 degrees. But now that I've converted it to OpenXR using the Quest 2, it doesn't work as good, because the controllers lose tracking when positioned behind the players back. If the Quest included a 5th…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a 5th camera to the back of the Headset for better controller tracking

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Seductive ads, such as ones from beat saber, should not be approved to be a billboard displayed.

Have a self monitoring option for Explore.

where, users can unapproved inappropriate ads placed there, which, have been approved by FB for not having such. Just because FB approved an add, it doesn't mean it's appropriate for others.

One persons "mild" is another persons "terror". add the self monitoring option. This would help adoption. I'm thinking of selling/giving away the Oculus as to not endanger my family for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A Volunteer Moderation System

I think oculus should develop a system to where the oculus community can have the option to volunteer to help out the community such as Volunteer moderators, so members such as myself and others too can help out the community and make it a safe welcoming place for everyone :)

Could possibly make this work by applications or interviews or whatever the oculus team can think of!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. AND IT IS POSSIBLE TO FEEL WEIGHT IN VIRTUAL REALITY!!

it would be simple and revolutionary, it would be an aid capable of changing experiences and could even be used in physiotherapy or gym simulatorsI was thinking and noticed that the experience is still missing to feel the weight of objects vr with that I started to think and soon I came up with a way to make it possible to feel the weight of an object in a game, in short it would be simple would be a platform circular hole in the middle where it would have supports that would be placed on the waist to have 360°…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make ..

Better graphics, Updates And for people to create their own games.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. and the link cable in the box with the set and it will improve the sales having to buy it seperantly put me off wanting to get it

You should add the link cable in the box with the headset it would improve sales and get more people to buy them, it put me off because I had to spend more money and get more enviromental waste for another box when it could have been in the same box. I am not sure if I will even get it now

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Trade in for people who bought the 64gb Quest 2 model for the exact price as the 128gb model. This is a scam

I was one of the last people to get the 64gb version of the quest 2. A day after I got it, it got removed everywhere. Then they came out with the 128gb model. I find it really unfair and inconvenient. I have bought a ton of games from your store and continue to but I am only able to keep a few since I have to delete to download the rest. I mean, for the same price of the 64gb model you get double the storage. The 128gb model was never even released when I got my quest. I.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Software-corrected IPD setting Quest 2

Hello! I would like to suggest a feature for Oculus Quest 2. It has 3 settings for IPD an my actual IPD as measured by an optometrician falls right between the closest and medium setting (mine is 61mm). It causes an eye strain after ~2h sessions. It would be great if we could input the IPD measured by an optometrician and the view was shifting accordingly in software. Thank you for your consideration!
    Best,
    Wojciech

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)