Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Parental controls

I may be submitting this twice and apologize. I see that parental controls are a popular request. I would like to add to other requests a time restriction. Not only hour per day but also time of day. Ex 1 hr per day and also 9pm through 7am. Children sneak and many children live in different homes with each parent. Not recommending for under 13 seemed like a "cop out." As it's not like 13 and above are mature enough to not sneak.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Facebook requirement

I highly distrust the social media platforms’ ethical practices, and won’t get this until they remove the requirement for a Facebook account.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Typing in VR and AZERTY support. Please.

So far the typing input options are pretty bad. A trackable keyboard that works across all apps and games would be just the bee's knees.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Facebook

The Facebook requirement for play with friends, etc, is the worst thing to happen to Oculus since Oculus was bought by Facebook in the first place. Offer people the option of the old login. This is absolutely disgusting.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the Option to Hide Apps and Local Files.

We want to be able to hide apps that we don't want a random friend running. Require the pin to toggle between showing hidden apps and files makes sense to do both actions with one input because likely you would be using both at that time. Re-enabling wouldn't require the pin again, and would automatically be hidden again if the headset is turned off without manually re-enabling.

Also add a way to remove demos or any app completely so that the library doesn't get full of junk we don't want to see anymore. I mean sure being able to hide…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Headstrap redesign for more comfort like Rift-S or Vive Deluxe Audio

A lot of people have found that the stock Quest headstrap is very uncomfortable after wearing it for a period of time. For some this is as short as 20 minutes. This discomfort can appear as pressure in the cheeks, along the forehead and even pain in the back of the head and neck.

An official strap redesign is needed for Quest to make it more comfortable to wear. Current suggestions / mods on Reddit include better weight distribution by placing a weight on the back or putting additional straps over the top of the Quest to make it sit…

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back old controller battery meter

The new colored battery meters are a distraction and harder to notice when battery is low. The colors on a primarily white text menu is distracting. Perhaps bring back the numbers and have them change colors when low.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Free family game sharing

I have a quest 2 and I bought my wife a quest 2 as well. It would be nice if we could share games I bought without rebuying on her headset to play together. Can this be fixed or no due to money?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to adjust contrast and brightness on Quest 2

Coming from a Quest to a Quest 2 the move from OLED to LCD has meant that, although the resolution has improved, the brightness in dark games is a too bright. Blacks that were black are now a washed out grey. Bigscreen app is an example. Looking around the theatre it is no longer as dark as it was. Almost look at cloudy. Some user adjustments for brightness and contract in settings would be ideal if this is possible with a firmware update?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Message in game

When you get a message in Messenger, I would like the option of showing that in game. When my buddy is playing in VR, I want to tell him that I'm ready to play .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. please add support for new mobile gpu RTX 30XX and Ryzen9 5900 HX 8cores in OCULUS LINK

MY Oculus app tells me your pc is too slow but my laptop is asus gx551qs with Ryzen9 and Nvidia RTX 3080 16 gb and TDP 115 . I cant play on brand new laptop ,very expensive laptop ... :(

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offer a clip for original Link cable for Quest2

The Original Quest Link cable came with a plastic clip for strain relief on the Original Quest but the clip won't fit Quest 2. Oculus should either ship out a free clip to anyone that upgraded and already bought a Link cable for the original Quest, or at the very least offer to sell the clip or whatever strain relief system they are shipping the new Link Cable with for the Quest 2.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customizable Home Rooms To Match Real Room

It would be cool if we could set up the guardian and home screen to match our room for example if your bed is in a spot in your room you could set that spot to a bed of a few choices and Same for a chair and desk maybe a few other basics. Then you could walk around your room while in the home screen and it would be awesome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Oculus Quest 3 Suggestions / Hopes / Ideas

Controller Battery Slide Out Design - Could be made easier to pull down.
    Turbo Charging Capabilities and possibly a Higher Battery Capacity.
    Increased default built in storage amounts maybe a 512gb option and a 1TB option.
    Easy Increased Storage - Micro SD up to 1TB if possible.
    Increased Resolution without frame loss.
    Black Design Preferred.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do NOT require Facebook account to use the device.

I dont think you guys understand that parents buy these devices for kids to play with and kids do not, or least SHOULD NOT have a Facebook account. I also dont think you guys understand that not everyone has Facebook. Children use these VR headsets to play games NOT to meet people online....that only opens pandora's box for the horrible truth that is the internet. For example, I bought a headset for my son and it wasn't until he tried setting it up that we found out that you have to have a facebook account. Now I have a paperweight…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable true update on demand for quest and desktop releases. Stop forcing users to wait for stated rollouts that take too long.

Adding an update button that still will not work until your device is added to the staggered rollout is pointless. Please make Quest and PC updates available to those that want to actively update immediate. Don't make us wait until our device is added to the deployment.

Staged rollouts for those that do not want to actively update are fine. But give us the power to update on the day software releases if we want to.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give Asgard's Wrath to ALL users of Q2.

It is a slap in the face that I gave you my money for a pre-order and now that I got it, you are giving away Asgard's Wrath for people that activate their oculus a few weeks after getting mine. This ****** me off and is an insult to your base. This should be available to everyone.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quest 2 remodel and Quest 3 IPD slider

The Quest 2 remodel and the Quest 3 needs to implement and IPD slider. It should accommodate people with IPD ranging from 50mm-80mm and should have the ability to be adjusted mm by mm instead of 3 presets. This would provide accessibility to those with narrow or wide IPD and would bring more users to the VR space. It's a win win. More will be able to enjoy the experience while Oculus makes more money from sales. Please make this a thing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Eliminate cross-over email addresses (Addresses being rearranged with mixed up names and addresses.)

I am currently conversing (with misunderstandings) with Oculus Support. I'm using a computer with the Quest 2.
    1. I couldn't make normal connections as my family does.
    2. I noticed that I was forced to sign in as my wife, which I didn't do. (we both have Facebook accounts.)
    3. I started out with an Oculus account. Why was I switched to the Facebook accounts?
    4. I lost ALL of my games from my headset when I plugged the headset into my computer. Also, they are nowhere to be found. No help offered.
    5. My last information to Support was…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base