Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Beat Saber - Custom Levels/Level Editor

So The rest get to have Custom levels and a level editor on beat saber While us Quest users dont even get we need. Why?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dead and Buried for Quest

With the release of Oculus Go/Gear VR apps emulated on the Quest with 6DOF support, Dead and Buried on the Quest would be a nice addition to the library.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don’t shut down Rooms but make it worthwhile

Oculus Rooms is the start of exactly what I want in VR, but it is unsurprising that it isn’t doing well because it is incomplete (and not on Quest).

Rooms needs the ability to access any media instead of the extremely limited set it currently has. Instead of only having a limited set of games, Rooms also needs generic game pieces (cards, dice, pawns, the ability to load an image onto the table top, etc.) so that people can play whatever they want. And Rooms needs to come to the Quest.

There’s little point in wasting time on Horizon if…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to develop and debug 2D Android apps with the Quest.

I've been trying to make a simple 2D utility Android app work in Oculus TV. It works in an Android TV emulator, but on the Quest, somehow the onClick listener doesn't trigger when I click the buttons. Worse, I can't get the debugger to attach in Android Studio and worst of all, there are no docs about developing for Oculus TV.

Not everything people want to do is in VR. The Oculus Quest is also an Android device and should be able to do ordinary Android device stuff too, like debugging Android TV / Oculus TV apps.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ghostbusters: The Video Game VR

Adapt the Ghostbusters: The Video Game in VR for an awesome ghost busting experience!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Resident Evil 4 - Bring back ability to pick up an item even if your inventory is full

So in every other versions of Resident Evil 4, whenever your inventory is full, you're still able to pick up a new item as it'll automatically bring up your inventory, with said item on the tray to the right. That way you're able to either rearrange or mix some herbs together

For some reason, this feature was removed from the VR version. It's pretty frustrating having to discard something because you're trying to pick up some herb that you could simply mix with the other herbs you already have

If the devs were worried about it breaking the immersion... I'll…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow files to be moved around to different folders

The user should be able to move files(pictures, images,etc) from one folder to another folder within the File app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please allow a family to share the games across 2 headsets so that we can compete and work with each other without having repurchase again

As a family, we would like to play games with/against each other on the VR since we bought a second headset. There's currently no way to do that unless we are willing to buy the game again. That can get expensive especially since we just bought a second headset. Maybe allow the purchaser to share the game/app with one other user in order to play against/with so that each headset can play the once-purchased game on their own headsets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Oculus move

i think there is a lot of room to improve Quest as a fitness device. One example is improving Move by
    1. Allowing it to get heart rate data from wearables
    2. Integrate it into the Oculus app so you can see results there
    Making the Quest a better fitness device will attract lots of people that otherwise would be interested in VR

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tradurre i giochi in Italiano - Translate the games also in Italian

Tradurre i giochi più venduti e popolari anche in Italiano.

Translate the best-selling and popular games also in Italian.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to resize the oculus tv screen or atleast give oculus tv different environments.

Whenever I try a new app on oculus TV like Facebook, sling, pluto TV, or ESPN, I don't get the option to watch those apps on the big screen and the screen for oculus TV is way too small and I think there should be different environments like a theater, or a customizable environment so that you feel like your at home. I use to love oculus gallery and I wish it was on the quest 2 but it looks like its time for oculus developers to move on from that and I should too which is why I'm giving…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let us copy text in the browser by long pressing as you would on a phone.

Small little nitpick, but I think it would really improve the browser.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More Beat Saber Music Packs

I bought all the music packs that I liked. Which are like 4 out of the current 7 existing. And im starting to get a little tired of them. Because you can't sideload music to Beat Saber, buying music packs is the only way to get more content. So please add more music packs. And more variety since there is only like pop, rock, and drum & bass as genres right now.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Education App Development Initiative for Quest Platform

One of the main reasons I preordered the Quest 2 was for educational value (experiences like Anne Frank House, National Geographic, Traveling While Black, Home After War, etc.). However, as I begin to look for other educational experiences, it appears that while there have been some produced that there has in general been a lull in new educational games and no major announcements of upcoming ones. There even appears to be more educational experiences for the Oculus Go platform than for the Quest. I’m thinking of cancelling my Quest 2 as it appears educational experiences is not a major development…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No Children Zones in Venues

I have been impressed with the Oculus Venues experience. My only complaint is that it is impossible to tell from an avatar who is a child, and would prefer to be able to enjoy an event and be social without inadvertently interacting with kids or without younger participants being chatty/obnoxious/etc. Perhaps it would be possible to have an all ages AND a 21+ area? All ages downstairs adults in the balcony?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow playing of single player games in offline mode

Hello,

I cannot play my single player games without internet.

I understand the risks of piracy. You should address piracy in a different manner. You should register the bought apps to the face recognition of the owner, etc - assign purchase codes based on the online account when you purchase the games. You have all the hardware now to make this possible.

Making the platform completely unavailable when you're offline is plain dumb and stupid. Please revise your system. Until then, I stopped buying apps and games, because I do not trust that I'll be still able to use them…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When Oculus brings its social offering to VR, cross integrate it with Instagram

When Oculus brings forth its social offering that is cross-platform, it should have an interface to share posts and stories directly to Instagram rather than/or in addition to Facebook. I say this, because, Rec Room and VRchat have been the social platforms myself and many others have used. There are both large Rec Room, and VRchat communities on Instagram where people continue as their VR personas outside of the headsets. There is a lot of friction for getting posts from Rec Room, and VRchat to Instagram. If Oculus releases its own social VR offering, with low friction (hopefully sharing from…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. easy facebook login/out

Linking to FB would be awesome, but I don't do it because then when I put my rig on someone else for a demo they'll be looking at my FB account info - not good. Sure, I could logout of FB but with the complex password I use that isn't going to happen.

SUGGESTION: Have a light 4 digit password to unlock a personal config in the Quest. When I put on the rig it asks for my 4 digits or else it brings up a generic config without my FB feed, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Oculus Gallery to follow orientation when playing movies

In Oculus Gallery, we can reset orientation by holding down the Oculus button. However, when playing any movies, the orientation is always facing forward regardless of the orientation. This is inconsistent. Sometimes we like watch movies on the bed facing the ceiling or lying face down. Currently both Netflix and Virtual Desktop apps allow this. Please add this feature!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to de-curve the Oculus Browser app

The Oculus browser is great, but why is it curved? Please have an option to make it flat, like you can do with Firefox VR.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base