Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Phone notifications in VR

Add some kind of app that lets you see texts and other notifications from your phone in VR so I don't have to keep taking my headset off during VR workouts.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You need to market to women over 40 (myself included)

I am an over 40 woman and was gifted by my wonderful son an Oculus 2 for my birthday -- very surprised and delighted! Playing mini-golf with my grown kids in other cities is fun!!! And I have downloaded Alcove but not spent much time on that one. I have a lot of ideas that for apps that would really spark the interest for women over 40. One that we would all play and love is design a house. Choose your house type from Victorian, Mid-Century modern, cottage and futuristic. Then change the paint and wallpaper, couches, dishes, etc. You…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Billiards

I would love to see a well made billiards game.

Maybe one that offers friendly multi play local and online. A career mode where you can rank up against players around the world. Compete in global events. Challenge other players. Try your skill in tournaments based on rank and, or, location. Earn credits to be used towards new cues, and add ons for a virtual avatar. Maybe create different venues to play in...... Bar scene, fantasy scene, bowling alley, professional table. Even a challenge section for trick shots or tutorials for players who are beginners.

This would be amazing...... one…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In game hud for your music, messages, and more

Allowing for an ingame HUD to stream your music, and fitness tracking for things such as for streaming services like pandora, spotify, and youtube so you can listen to your stuff in the background whilst playing your games would enhance your playing experience, plus apps like fit bit to keep track of your movements when playing games like the climb would allow for more options for exercise. Not to mention being able to cheack you phone whilst in game would allow you more connectivity with you devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To sell you need AAA games: apex legends and fortnite

Guys, your product is good, but not many will buy it if you don't play aaa specific games. For example, if you had apex legends produced on oculus quest 2, MANY PEOPLE, including myself, would buy it. Also, I think you should push multiplayer games, but they have to be done right, it's a blast to play vr against others. For example, space junkies could be ported to quests, but seeing how the market is going, if you had mostly apex legends produced on your viewer, even if a bit simplified version, a bit like nintendo switch, and fortnite, which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Age Filter Button in Venues (and Horizon)

In Venues, please add a button to add a button to block everyone under 18. No, I'm not kidding. Tired of all the little 6 year olds trying to take my picture and chat it up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. in Venues, please add a button to do a GLOBAL MUTE, so I can hear the movie. I'm tired of the noise and chatter when I'm trying to watch an

in Venues, please add a button to do a GLOBAL MUTE, so I can hear the movie. I'm tired of the noise and chatter when I'm trying to watch an event

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please allow a family to share the games across 2 headsets so that we can compete and work with each other without having repurchase again

As a family, we would like to play games with/against each other on the VR since we bought a second headset. There's currently no way to do that unless we are willing to buy the game again. That can get expensive especially since we just bought a second headset. Maybe allow the purchaser to share the game/app with one other user in order to play against/with so that each headset can play the once-purchased game on their own headsets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable App Sharing as promised!

Contrary to the promise in the Oculus blog post dated 18th February, " App Sharing applies automatically to all new apps in the Oculus Quest Store from this date forward.", it appears that The Climb 2, released on 4th March, does not offer App Sharing.
    I bought it but when I checked the secondary account on the same headset, it's not there.
    This does not fill me with confidence that any new apps I buy will offer app sharing, particularly as there is no official notification of which apps do or don't offer this facility.
    It is disappointing enough that…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Population One fun for starting and lesser players

I am a player on Population One from the start and enjoy the game very much. I am a reasonable midrange player.
    The thing is that there are more and more outstanding player who will kill me in de blink of an ey. You peek around a corner and a ****** kills you with one shot. In a man to man battle you're wasted in 2 seconds. Now you can see who kills you it becomes clear, they have more than 8000 kills and damage above a million.

This takes the fun out of the game, also for startes who…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More exercise apps for beginning older adults with no gaming experience that move slower

As two 64 year olds we are loving the Oculus. However, there are very few apps that we can even attempt to keep up with. FitXR starts out way too fast, REAKT is way too fast and they annoyingly keep telling you to keep up. We love Supernatural even though we can't keep up yet, it's within our limits.Not interested in fighting or shooting or war-like games after 34 years in military. Dance, fitness, pingpong, tennis, any movement apps that are entertaining and make you exercise, BUT NOT TOO FAST.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More Old School Card and Board game Apps (Spades, etc...)

Poker is Popular, and so is Spades. I've been playing spades for YEARS. Many of the better Spades sites have come and gone. WON, FlipSide, Hoyle, etc...

There was a HUGE following too. Hoyle, Sierra, Vivendi or whoever has the rights now could do SO MUCH with those games in VR. Their disappearance has deprived many of fun AND educational games. Not to mention the great social aspect.

DoubleCross - A game like Scrabble on Steroids. I actually learned a lot about the English language playing that game. Typing improved too. It would be EXTREMELY useful as an educational tool…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Verbal or Visual warning in Apps when battery is Low...

The core warns us with the display, but we need the apps to also warn us of a low battery while we are playing.

We need a Verbal warning, or a visual warning in a corner of the screen, that blinks and shows when we hit 15%, 10% and 5%.

Too many times I've been in a Beat Saber Match, or a I've had a GREAT poker hand, only to have the Quest 2 shut down without ANY warning.
    If I had this warning, I could connect my 10,000mAh Power Bank or Cable and not be knocked out of games…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Require the most stringent protection as defaults.

For all Apps, make the defaults the most stringent protection for users.

Example: Echo VR should have voice and chat disabled by default.

Allow the Users to enable Voice or chat for Party, Friends or ALL.

This way, kids aren't going in there for the first time to a barrage of the "F", "C" and "N" words, and any other words or phrases we try to teach them are hateful in real life.

It's not only the kids, but also adults spewing the hate. At least with the max protection to start, it would take an effort to hear these…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Oculus Rift Home on Oculus Quest 2 (standalone)

This would be a great thing to bring to oculus quest. Yeah I know you can access oculus rift home thought oculus link but I want native oculus rift home on oculus quest fully standalone. you can either make it a separate app, add it as an experimental home space, or build it into Facebook Horizon! either way, oculus rift home on oculus quest would be a great thing to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. One Headset, ONE App Is fair, As long as anyone on Headset can use and save separately!

I have no issue with having to pay for a copy of the software for EACH Headset. It's doesn't seem right to to me to allow the same software to be shared on multiple headsets. I don't expect freebies. The devs need to make their money for profit and to advance their companies.

Possible transfer of license to a newer or replacement device should be allowed though, removing old permission for that app. i.e. the ability to transfer from a rift to Quest 2, but then disabling on Rift. Or same from One headset to another, if first one dies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow use of OUR Music Library in more apps (i.e. Beatsaber).

We should not have to pay for our Music TWICE!!!

Even if they tie into iTunes, or other music services or become one themselves, they NEED the ability for custom songs.

We KNOW it's possible. You can see Youtube video's with Custom Songs.

Real VR Fishing allows it, so Beat Saber should as well, and a few others...

This platform must already be reeling in the profits, so no need to gouge us anymore than that...

PLEASE allow us to use OUR Songs...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why Beat Saber is not shared?

The fact that beat saber is not shared is ridiculous. My wife was so looking forward to set her own records to compete with me.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Incorporate a voice translator app (i.e. Translator, by Microsoft).

I think it would be wicked cool to have a voice translator similar to the phone app I have called Translator, by Microsoft as an app where we could talk to others in their own language, or them in ours.

I sat at a poker table with an extremely nice bunch of people, all talking in German. It was interesting to hear some speak, then hear MY NICKNAME in the middle of the sentence. LOL. A few could speak English, and one person there was nice enough to translate some things back and forth for us, but having an app…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base