Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Audio

Audio distortion in right speaker fix. It's really annoying when the audio goes distorted after using the headset for a short time. Always the right speaker and lots of people complain about it in my Oculus Facebook group. Needs a reset to work properly again but always returns after use for 30 40 mins on average.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A “Car Ride” mode

Was trying to play in my dad’s truck while going out of town, wasn’t the best experience.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix issue with volume buttons not working to confirm power off

When I attempt to turn off the Quest, it says I can use the volume buttons to "click". However, I have not been able to do this and have to pick up the touch controls to confirm power off.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Official Oculus Link Wireless using WiFi

Official support for using PCVR titles wirelessly via WiFi streaming

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Background music for Oculus Quest

I got a little idea. Why not add background music directly from Spotify (Or any other music distribution service you can think of) to the Quest headset? That way we can hear our song playlists while we're inside the game. (I would highly recommend turn the game's music down to 0 if you want to hear background music without hearing in-game music)

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guest/demo account

Have a guest/demo account that doesn't use saved data so you don't have to reset games every time you show someone new.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restrict rather than block FB accounts that are disabled

A number of users report that when they are advised that their account is disabled, they cannot login to their Quest, and it can take weeks for Facebook to complete their review.
    Surely it should be possible to still allow access during this time, but block certain functions like payments (if there's a concern re fraud) or multiplayer (if there's a concern re behaviour on the platform or breach of community standards).
    Preventing access to a purchased device and previously purchased items on the store is a punishment that should be reserved for only the most serious of offences that…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. YouTube recording and streaming without pc

Allow YouTube recording, streaming, and posting without a pc and from the quest itself

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Copy and Paste in browser

Allow to select, copy and paste in the Browser.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disable windows on Passthrough+ when outside Guardian boundaries

Right now, when you enter Passthrough+, you get an unobstructed view of the outside world. But if you step outside your guardian boundaries, a window pops up for you to reset them.

The behavior I'd like:

• No interface should pop up at any time till you double-tap to return.
    • Double-tapping to return inside your guardian brings you back to your game
    • Double-tapping to return outisde your guardian brings up the window to change your playspace
    49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unity API access: Passthrough camera & tracked points of insight for developer on Quest !

We are hundred, (thousand ?), of developers on the Quest. And we all hope to play around with the pass through cameras and the Quest Insight tracking system. But surprisingly, there is no API about it !

Could the Oculus team act about it.

If it is a close beta functionally, where developers need to apply to have access to it ?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to disable the walls of the guardian, as with Rift

It would be great to just have the floor outline of my guardian boundary. The walls are an immersion breaking issue.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to keep device on and not confirm guardian for Developer Mode

It's really annoying when you are trying to develop on the Quest to have to confirm the guardian again every time you look through the device.

It usually goes like

Pick up device
    Confirm guardian
    Look as result in Oculus Browser
    Put device down
    Save changes
    Pick up device
    CONFIRM GUARDIAN AGAIN
    Refresh Oculus Browser

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for Manual Firmware Updates

It's frustrating trying to guess when the next update will be available on my device, and the "Check for Updates" button hasn't helped in the slightest. It would be great if we had the option to update to the latest firmware instantly during any point in the roll-out.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Do NOT require a Facebook account!

Have made several attempts to create an account for my son who is f age according to the community standards using fresh emails and phone number. They get blocked, appealed, then irrevocably, permanently disabled before the account can ever be logged into or used. This has made the Oculus a $300 brick and the box hasn't even been opened (still sealed in plastic).

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microphone Volume Settings/Adjustments

Provide some microphone volume settings, to be able to boost or turn up the microphone. In some games (like PokerStarsVR) all people on a quest, their volume when speaking is almost not audible, its probably 30-40% of other VR headset users.

There needs to be some way to adjust the microphone sensitivity so you can speak without the need to yell. This is the biggest gripe I have with the Oculus Quest.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microphone during casting

Recently my wife just purchased "Ghost Giant", we enabled casting to our TV so that all of the family could enjoy the experience. We then discovered, that the microphone does not work during casting, this causes a breaking bug in the game as this requires a microphone to progress.

Check out the breaking bug below, a social media influencer noticed it first

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/f60km7/ghost_giant_oculus_quest_livestream_gameplay/

I hope that Oculus intend to address this sooner rather than later.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add an option to use the HEVC encoder instead of the H264 encoder for Oculus Link

As the title say, it would be nice to get an option for switching the GPU Encoder from H264 to HEVC for Oculus link.

Oculus Link is completely locking out other applications to use the GPU H264 encoder for game recording or streaming (while it utilizes the encoder unit of my GTX 1060 just to 12%).

While I can record my game footage by using the HEVC encoder instead, for game streaming H264 is still mandatory.

As virtual desktop shows, the Oculus Quest is capable of decoding HEVC in realtime. So I see no real reason, why this can't be…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cast without wifi.

I don't have wifi and therefore can't cast to my phone. Can we get the ability to cast directly to devices, eliminating the need for wifi?

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pixel Inversion/ Scanline Correction Software

Pixel inversion/scanline correction software; since getting the rift S now moving to the quest 2, I am part of the small minority of oculus vr headset owners who are sensitive to scanlines/ pixel inversion. I am not talking about the screen door effect where it can be seen as a grid made up of lines which this can be seen clearly on the rift s, this is harder to see but easy to see on white backgrounds on the quest 2. I am talking about scanline/pixel inversion which can be seen by only some people as myself which appears as…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base