Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Better Library Management

• I hate those cluttering demos in my library! Pls implement a hide option or even better let the user completely remove them
    • Same for other / obsolete apps... just google for this... Reddit, internet is full of these complaints
    • Btw even Apple managed to have this implemented in their store : )
    • Then set the standard library to installed apps not all apps or let the user choose the default
    118 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update the Casting "red dot"

When you cast or record a red dot is displayed in the top right corner.

The first time this happened I freaked out, thought I had burned the display by accident. It would be better if the red dot would blink, or it would say CASTING or REC for a few seconds beside the dot.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OTG USB Storage for Quest and GO

You told us already, it's possible to connect external storage via the usb port but I can't.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add input methods for Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese

Hi there,

I know that Oculus Quest is not directly sold in China Mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, and FB service is blocked in China Mainland too, as a result, it's very hard for the Oculus team to serve and communicate with the Chinese users/community.

Just want to let you know that even so there're many ppl there who are using and enjoying Oculus devices (you know what, Oculus Quest 2 has been the top-selling item on Amazon China for a very long time!!).

I really appreciate that the Oculus team adds Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese support for the…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add parental controls to tamp down extremely toxic behavior by some children in multiplayer Quest/Quest2 games.

There is an overwhelming number of kids in multiplayer VR games screaming the most vile things I have ever heard and engaging in explicit harassment. I suspect it's due to a mix of immaturity crossed with anonymity and a sense of disembodiment while inhabiting a virtual avatar.

Regardless, this needs to be addressed. Putting kids all in their own lobbies is not a great solution because it traps good kids with the bad/toxic ones. Instead, I suggest you add a microphone buffer/snapshot as an opt-in parental control feature. Open up an API for developers that allows them to trigger an…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to search/add Oculus Users who are my Facebook friends from "suggested friend menu" (not just on install)

When I set up my Oculus Quest 2 I was shown a "these are your Facebook friends who use Oculus"... I skipped it at the time. Can't find it anywhere now. Support does not seem to have a link to find this menu, suggesting factory reset to see it again. But of course this isn't really an answer and won't help me find new Facebook/Oculus friends in the future.

I would like to suggest to have this added under the "People -> Add" option. A simple - Search existing Facebook/New Oculus friends.

This tab currently shows me people I am…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5Ghz Wifi lock Toggle

5GHZ WiFi Lock toggle - For Cast or any other streaming activities in a Mesh network like Google Wifi is a necessity.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PLEASE put a check for firmware update button in the software for Quest and Go!!

PLEASE put a check for firmware button inside the Quest and Go!!

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Software IPD settings for Quest 2

For me the best sweet spot and distortion is Step 2 but my IPD is 68.

Quest 2 has software IPD that changes with the lens, because the screen is fixed.

I have software and hardware IPD in another hmd and it works perfect.

You only have to give us the option to change the offset of the software IPD, and then you can change the best option for you. Please give us this option. Then I can have full fov with my IPD.

Thanks.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple profiles on one account to allow 'local' multiplay without forcing us to buy multiple copies of a game - also parental controls !

Hi

First of all - absolutely cracking product! I have NEVER bought a gaming platform in the first month of its release until the quest - and I was blown away - whoever described it as the Nintendo of vr was spot on !!!!

I have 2 quests and was going to buy another 2 but in order to play with (or against) other players on my other quests I find that I am forced to register each quest on a different account which means I have to buy every game separately for each quest !!!

Can we have multiple…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it easier to play/chat with friends

All of the Oculus platforms need a more refined party/friend system. It can be very frustrating trying to play online multiplayer games with friends. It’s most evident in a game like Dead and Buried II which is developed by Oculus Studios. You have to randomly spawn into the same instance of the hub world as your friends. It’s incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

Also,party chat needs a way to make it private. Lots of us play online multiplayer games as a way to hang out with friends. If I’m worrying about being constantly interrupted, accidentally letting personal info slip, censoring…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add mixed reality features.

Add mixed reality features. As the mapping of environment and its virtual modification.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow permanent deletion or archiving of apps from the App Store and app lab

Please implement the ability to permanently remove apps from the App Library or somewhere to archive them.

Default always shows all apps when you turn on the headset and you have to manual select installed to see what’s actually on the headset.

Plus with app lab - you have no section so it crowds the whole screen of official store apps. A lot of app lab games I’ve tried now still remain in the menu even if I just downloaded them to try the demo and then uninstalled them.

More options would be great but an option to remove apps…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Charge battery only up to 80% option

To improve battery lifetime you could add an option to charge it only up to 80%.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix Bandsteering

I do loose WiFi connection in my WiFi mesh when moving between the mesh stations. From all my WiFi capable devices, only the Quest has this problem.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Picture-in-Picture Pass-through

An option to allow ‘Picture-in-Picture Pass-through’ mode for times when you can’t be completely disconnected from what’s going on around you.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to select "DuckDuckGo" as search provider in Oculus Browser

I'd like to be able to use DuckDuckGo.com as a default search provider.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full body tracking

Full body tracking would put the quest far closer to perfect with freedom and emmersion

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base