Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. live streaming

Bring back live streaming

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. play in the dark

a type of light you can set up on your wall and then your headset can see the light, so it can track your position, and your controllers, while its still dark

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back "installed apps" default

I've had the Quest 2 since November. It originally let us default to "installed apps view," yet somehow this technology has become lost. It's ludicrous that you can revamp the entire menu UI but can't figure this out. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE ALL APPS EVERY TIME THEY PLAY.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add Battery software protection for devs who like to power the device at all times.

Some of us like to have our device connected at all times. Especially while developing in Unity.

Please implement an option in the Developer tab to enable "Battery Protection" which only allows the device to charge to 60% to avoid shortening the battery's life and also lower the battery temperature.

Tablets such as the Lenovo M10 FHD does that and is a great idea.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. system wide setting to disable turning by analog stick

As is well known, in-game artificial turning is one of main culprits in motion sickness, much more so than linear smooth motion. Given Quest doesn't need cables, turning with your body is often preferable and involves no motion sickness because both eyes and body register motion.

Turns out though that your fingers may still hit the analog stick or your analog stick is defective and ensures continuous rotation. This is awful, so please add a system-wide option to disable it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. take picture gesture to take a picture

You know, a gesture to take a picture just like in Rec Room or Brink Traveler? Much easier and more intuitive than needing to go to a menu, click and barely having time to go back to another menu to have the picture taken?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. audio calibration system for bluetooth headphones

add an audio calibration system to fix delay with bluetooth headphones

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make a manual clock-setting option in Quest 2

There are multiple cases that I've read about, plus mine as well, where the clock is wrong all the time on the Oculus Quest 2 device. Regardless of the reasons for this, it's why it would be nice to have a way to manually adjust either the clock-time or the time-zone setting within the Quest 2 device. In my case, the hour is always off by the same amount through numerous Restarts and matched initial setup conditions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When looking at installed games it should show hours played as well.

This is a basic function shown to at least some extent in almost every modern platform, to not have it is inconvenient. Knowing how long you have played a game for can help track development and be used to show off.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to turn OFF VC confirmations

Make an option to turn off VC confirmations so when we activate VC and give a command, we don’t get childish feedback. Example: When we give a command like “power off device”, that’s what we want. We don’t need confirmation to ask us “are you sure you want to power off the device?”… just seems lame. thanks!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the Quest 2 and others more accessible

Everyone should be able to experience the joys of VR. That includes persons with disabilities. Oculus should be working with software developers to make this happen. I my self am in a wheelchair and just bought the Oculus Quest 2 and had issues with guardian, I was too short. So I found a great software called Walkin Vr that allowed me to adjust my height. Oculus made an article stating they wanted to make their devices more accessible and work with developers. Well there it is make good on your word and do it. Its unfair to users with disabilities…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to hide ALL the popup menus/windows when in the Home menu.

Allow users to hide ALL the popup menus/windows when in the Home menu, so we can actually have an entirely clear view of the Home area when we just want to chill. You already have the option to hide away the menu bar at the bottom (and even move it around if we want), so let us hide the bigger menu window too.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow downgrading firmware

Remove the restriction to downgrade firmware
    Some of us has lots of issues when updating to new Firmwares. This can be a slowed down system or unwanted functions. Please don't close every modification down and keep the system open so people feel like they have the ability to choose.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mirror audio when casting to phones

Though you can sort of hear audio through the speakers on the headset itself, it'd be far better for spectators if you could hear audio through the phone too, especially when the person using the headset is wearing headphones.

1,574 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adjust viewport angle while casting

Add a setting to adjust the casted viewport. I find that often, the casted area is just a subsection of what the player is actually looking at, and its usually really high, so I can't see half of the things they are seeing.

I believe this happens because some people need to wear the Quest at a slight angle to keep it in place, but then actually look a bit down when looking at content, while the person watching the cast just sees straight up that angle.

Please allow users to adjust the casted viewport, or maybe this could be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow apps in "unknown sources" to appear on "all"

Instead Of Going To "unknown sources" everytime you want to play a sidequest game, you can access them from all!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow the IPD size overlay to be disabled

Sometimes a slight movement of the head can be enough to move the lenses slightly, I am unsure of what causes this, could be the bridge of my nose pressing upward, could be a wobbly IPD slider, either way it becomes a source of annoyance when the IPD "toast" message keeps floating up onscreen during an experience.

Please, please, please give us an option to disable this.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add roku and Firestick support for casting

Add ability to cast to roku and firestick

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Update Home Screen - Start games by walking through doors or portals.

For the Home Screen I always thought it would be super cool to be in a room and have the games be doorways you physically open or portals you walk through to start the game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add built-in fiducial tag support to passthrough API [SDK]

I would like to build an app with the passthrough API that is calibrated to real-world landmarks through april tags, a printed sheet of paper with squares on it that allows computers to identify it's exact location relative to the camera commonly used in AR.

The current passthrough API has no way of running custom code on camera inputs. However, if Oculus implemented a standard API call for finding fiducial tags like April tags that only output the location of tags in view and not any camera data, this would be very helpful and privacy aware. There should also be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base