Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Making recording & streaming on Quest compfortable

As creator ( YouTube) it‘s very uncompfortable to record or stream Oculus Quest content.
    The Build in Recording functionality isn‘t great ... often the Sound isn‘t in sync. And please made it possible to record your own VOICE while recording, too.

Next step is streaming ... we need a Build in streaming functionality for the biggest platforms like YouTube or Twitch ... whit the abillity to READ COMMENTS into the VR Headset while streaming.

It‘s important to interact with your community while streaming , and made much Single Player experiences like puzzle games to a fun experience ... playing it…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some people need to use VR lying down

Please make it so users can modify their orientation for view. There are people who are bedbound or just prefer to lie down. A few, like Virtual Desktop and Tripp, accommodate different body positions and it is very helpful.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to search/add Oculus Users who are my Facebook friends from "suggested friend menu" (not just on install)

When I set up my Oculus Quest 2 I was shown a "these are your Facebook friends who use Oculus"... I skipped it at the time. Can't find it anywhere now. Support does not seem to have a link to find this menu, suggesting factory reset to see it again. But of course this isn't really an answer and won't help me find new Facebook/Oculus friends in the future.

I would like to suggest to have this added under the "People -> Add" option. A simple - Search existing Facebook/New Oculus friends.

This tab currently shows me people I am…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it so older players can get a free storage upgrade

Firstly I am angry at your decision to lower the prices after a few months. You should really think about your decision on the behalf of people who ordered the 64gb version. Secondly, can you please make it so people can upgrade to the 128gb version for free if they bought the 64gb version for the full price

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add bring your bed into VR

Now that we have couches and desks, we need beds. This would be perfect for the people who plays VR on the bedroom or when you want to lay down and chill.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Manage Mic Option to Transmit to Party and App Simultaneously

Please add an option to transmit mic in BOTH Party and App simultaneously (current functionality is restricted to either one or the other). Please refer to attachment for menu example.

This would be identical functionality to playing a PC game with a voice chat program (e.g. Discord) running.

The "echo" from transmitting on both party and app can be addressed by the users muting each other within the app.

This would allow party members to:

a.still talk to each other via party chat during app loading times, other areas/menus of a game etc.

AND

b.still talk to other players in…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Quest Accessible for People who are Deaf

Set new dev guidelines that force all developers to incorporate accessibility features for people who are deaf.

Subtitles, some other UX prompts, I'm no expert and not deaf but I have built websites for the blind and consider accessibility fundamental to the user experience.

This idea was inspired by this Reddit users post https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/e997wb/quite_a_lot_of_the_quest_apps_are_completely/

1,026 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Software IPD settings for Quest 2

For me the best sweet spot and distortion is Step 2 but my IPD is 68.

Quest 2 has software IPD that changes with the lens, because the screen is fixed.

I have software and hardware IPD in another hmd and it works perfect.

You only have to give us the option to change the offset of the software IPD, and then you can change the best option for you. Please give us this option. Then I can have full fov with my IPD.

Thanks.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Official Oculus Link Wireless using WiFi

Official support for using PCVR titles wirelessly via WiFi streaming

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pixel Inversion/ Scanline Correction Software

Pixel inversion/scanline correction software; since getting the rift S now moving to the quest 2, I am part of the small minority of oculus vr headset owners who are sensitive to scanlines/ pixel inversion. I am not talking about the screen door effect where it can be seen as a grid made up of lines which this can be seen clearly on the rift s, this is harder to see but easy to see on white backgrounds on the quest 2. I am talking about scanline/pixel inversion which can be seen by only some people as myself which appears as…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back the ability to customize clothing!

The old avatars had clothing customization options. Please bring that ability to the new avatars as well! There are lots of clothing choices in the avatar editor that are great except for the colors. Please make it so we can change colors on clothing again!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show controller charge level as percentage.

Please restore the percentage icons for the controllers on the Quest home. The percentage bar was more useful and accurate. Thank you.

ArnookieVR??

1,212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full recenter your view with hand tracking (exactly as the Oculus button long press do)

I would like to recenter my view with hand tracking (exactly as the Oculus button long press do). For now, the "Recenter view" option in the Oculus menu that I can open with hand tracking doesn't do full recenter, e.g. it doesn't reset horizontal+vertical+rotational position—just rotation.
    It will be very useful when I change headset height (like while working on the sitting/standing desk in ImmersedVR).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. REMOVE THE FACEBOOK LOGIN PLEASE

REMOVE THE FACEBOOK LOGIN PLEASE

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mic Recording

Allow the option for your mic to be recorded when you are recording. Currently you can you only record the audio form the quest and not your mic. An option to turn it off and on would be very beneficial and would help in creating video content using the quest!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Passthrough Window

Add a feature that would allow the user to display a small window into the real world while playing a game or watching a video. The window would remain in a fixed location on the user’s screen and the size/location of the window could be customizable. The double-tap Passthrough shortcut is nice but requires you to temporarily exit your game or video. This window could be appear/disappear with the simple click of a button or with voice commands. It would be beneficial if you’re eating, hanging out with friends, or just want to see your surroundings during an activity.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MAke the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with the Quest

MAke the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with the Quest. When will this be available is it in Beta trial? i purchased the Quest for my sons birthday but he cant use it with hi PC as hi graphics card is not compatible. He is very disappointed. Why are lower spec cards compaitble but this one isn't

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please make the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with Quest

Please make the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with Quest i purchased the Quest for my sons birthday but he has a 1650 grphics card & it doesnt work. Why are lower spec graphics cards compatible yet his isn't? When will the 1650 be compatible is it in beta trial?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Oculus Link Discharging on Quest 2

I am using Oculus Link on my PC directly plugged into my GPU (RTX 2070) this used to work fine on Oculus Quest 1, the battery drain on Quest 2 with link is a real problem, it discharges slowly but I have to plug into my battery bank to charge and play instead of using link for awhile.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Select left/right eye for video recording

The ability to record, and cast from the headset, without any other technology needed is great. But that the camera is locked to the left eye, aren't.
    I've seen many people complaining about how records, in shooting games, aren't working, since they aim with the right eye. This though, is only one, minor issues.
    I have - and many others have too - an eye illness. I have strabismus (also know as a lazy eye), but that is only on example. This causes the muscles in my left eye, sliding out to the side. That means I'm right eye dominate,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base