Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to cast movies from your devices to the Oculus Quest, like you can to a smart TV, and use it in the video app of your choice.

I have a large library of purchased movies on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon. It would be nice if my phone or tablet could cast them to my Oculus Quest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Protect children

I’ve had an idea that I’d ask you to pass on to the teams that may deal with Guardian development as I think that there’s a much more elegant solution to applying filters for youngsters:

I’ve been thinking about the problem of age detection/filtering. The Guardian system seems like a suitable contender for adding subtle filtering right out of the box.
    Now that hand tracking and finger gestures is in beta mode as an experimental feature, could the Guardian be used to detect the approximate age of a user?

My thinking is as follows:

During Guardian setup, the floor level…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let there be a setting to automatically go into Oculus Link Home when the cable is connected.

It would be great if there were an option for the quest to automatically switch to Oculus Link when the cable and PC are detected. If the option is disabled, it should ask you whether you'd like to enable it or not. This would be a time-saver and would make the transition more seamless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please replace awkward "pinch to select" hand tracking gesture with intuitive "finger gun" gesture.

Pointing your index finger at something is the most obvious and intuitive way to aim a cursor. Then cocking your thumb to "fire" at the selection as if your hand was a gun is also very natural for humans, plus it provides an element of delight which makes for satisfying UX. We are already conditioned to aim and pull the trigger with our Quest controllers anyway. The current pinch gesture is unnatural, causes finger fatigue and should be reserved for its obvious use which is picking something up to move it. Please adopt "finger gun" gestures to make hand tracking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make user stats available.

It would be great if there was someplace the length of time spent on a daily basis could be accessed. Preferably this would be broken down by each apps use but even a total “screen time” would be useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow a “continue anyway” choice

Now that the interface starts with hand controls, when an app is selected that does not use them, you must either use the touch control to continue or cancel. In general this makes sense but I have an app that uses its own controller, there has to be more like this. I would like to have a choice to start the app anyway using hand controls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Firmware update download complete notification / Check for updates endless spinning circle

Up to about v11 or 12 when I manually updated the firmware in the Quest it would say reboot device where the check for updates button usually is.
    Since then it now just says installing, no progress bar or anything.
    if I leave to another page and go back it just has an endless spinning circle.
    (I already have automatic updates enabled in the app)

I've tried factory resetting my headset and still has the same issue, so I know it's not my headset.

A small reboot notification does appear but only for a few seconds but once it's gone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Instead of an automatic update of the headset, give the user the choice to start update at anytime.

I had an issue with a game requiring an update of the headset. It was supposed to update automatically as long as I leave it plugged and without using it. I did it. Waited 30mn. Checked. No update. Did again waited 4hours this time. Still nothing. Again waited 8 hours. Still nothing. Support told me to do factory reset. This time it worked. Not first time but at second attempt. But well I don't think that having to wait for an update which can never come is good. Just put the update into the menu and allow user to click…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Floor's Guardian option is good but...

Is too brightness.

I am switching on/off that option.

Also it shows too much easily and distract us.

In virtual cinemas should disable automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Guardian must show closed doors like objects on the gameplay zone

You can increase your gameplay zone with opened doors. Quest will remember the zone.

And another day you will hit the closed door.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Static guardian is too much small

Sit down, watch video , and you will see guardian grid every time that you move your hands or you change your position.

Definitely that is not necessary on your armchair or couch.

Need more radius, no aceleration detection and to show guardian only if you really surpass the limits.

Also do not need half of diameter for the back...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Guardian Diagonal Walls

Hello, I use my Oculus Quest in my converted attic. The walls are diagonal and I have my Guardian set up around the edges of my attic but it doesn't warn me when I get close to the diagonal walls. It thinks they're straight walls. Is there anyway to change this? If not, I think it would be a good idea to implement it into a near future update as people like me are bashing their headset and controllers against the wall.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Buttons on the controler that work with each finger and a rear camera for the quest

The idea that i had was a quest controller that is built the same but functions closer to a controller that has knuckle tracking and can mimic a real hand but instead of monertoring pressure of certain fingers just have buttons that you can press for each one and pressing all down make a fist and pressing the index button makes the index touch the thumb that way people can make signs like the pinky and thumb surfer sign and the rock on signwhere you have the index pinky and thumb extended also for the quest the weight issue of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WHERE IS ALL THE COLORS MAGIC and FANTASY ?

COLORS !!! For me VR is about breaking reality, bringing the magic for reel so why is occulus UI dark and boring where is the FANTASY !!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. use hand tracking to add pinky and ring finger tracking

add ring and pinky finger tracking to the touch controllers using hand tracking. Middle and index fingers can still be tracked with the normal sensors, and if you wanted you could even use hand tracking for more precise index and middle finger gestures when looking at the controllers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow USB OTG to Support Apps Like TribeXR

I'd love to buy TribeXR but simply don't have enough storage. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could plug in my 64GB flash drive filled with music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improved Guardian Tracking in Dark Environments

The nose notch is so big with lots of light leakage so I often turn off lights in the room to reduce the light leakage which breaks VR immersion.

This sometimes causes both stationary and roomscale guardian to be lost. It can happen right away, or a little after turning out the lights.

Please improve dark guardian tracking for this situation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve Controller Tracking in Dark Environments

Because the nose notch (cutout) is so big and provides lots of light leakage I often turn off lights in the room to reduce light leakage.

Unfortunately this means that controller tracking sometimes fails due to the dark environment. Since you can't fix the nose notch light leakage with software, please fix the controller tracking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base