Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Offline installer package

I would like to suggest the creation of an offline installer package, preferably n MSI that could be easily distributed to a school lab via System Center. We have schools with a Interactive Design Media programs where students develop applications for use with VR headsets and need to test them along the way. As it stands we have to install the software one machine at a time. With hundreds of computers to tend to, this would be very time-consuming. Being able to distribute the software to multiple computers at once would be beneficial for educational organizations such as ours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you please allow me to get rid of the window in front of me all the time, would be nice to just put the headset and enjoy the space t

When I put on my Quest there is no way to have zero windows up in front of me. This should be an easy fix, especially with the multiple windows option that has been rollwed out... please allow us to get rid of ALL windows so we can just enjoy the home space for a moment before diving into another app/game/browser. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you please allow me to get rid of the window in front of me all the time, would be nice to just put the headset and enjoy the space t

When I put on my Quest there is no way to have zero windows up in front of me. This should be an easy fix, especially with the multiple windows option that has been rollwed out... please allow us to get rid of ALL windows so we can just enjoy the home space for a moment before diving into another app/game/browser. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Put cst icon on the front homescreen

Hi,
    My family/friends come over to play and to help them I get them to cast to TV. I have to say goto... Then etc. Can't we have the cast button on the main screen so if is a one click option?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Get the server platforms up and running, and patch the black video glitching issue. Otherwise, make the menus a little more user-friendly?

Fix the server platform and fix the black glitching squares issue. I think that this issue is under a desynchronization of the clock between the CPU and the GPU. Consider dropping the affected frames and resynchronizing on the next clock cycle. Also... Maybe update the menu style? Make it a little more modern and user friendly? Right now it's exactly the same as the Oculus Go, which is barebones but functionally works and is very usable. Making the menus user customizable would probably improve user appeal a LOT.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sync parts individually

I had to send my left controller and headset for repairs,shipped separately,so without my left controller i think oh well i can still use browser and hand tracking. But you can't factory reset without both controllers syncing at once. If you could sync everything individually i think it would just add alot of creative loopholes. No reason i shouldn't be able to play wands before the dual wield with one controller, or just use handracking and basic functionality.

As it is I'm just sitting here sad and missing the whole cause I'm still waiting for the part. Please hurry up…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sync parts individually

I had to send my left controller and headset for repairs,shipped separately,so without my left controller i think oh well i can still use browser and hand tracking. But you can't factory reset without both controllers syncing at once. If you could sync everything individually i think it would just add alot of creative loopholes. No reason i shouldn't be able to play wands before the dual wield with one controller, or just use handracking and basic functionality.

As it is I'm just sitting here sad and missing the whole cause I'm still waiting for the part. Please hurry up…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remote control from Windows PC

Currently, to set up these devices for others to use, I have to put the headset on myself, set things up and then give it to the other person. If there are issues, they then have to take it off and I have to put it on again. I will not be able to do this now in this time of COVID-19. Is there a way of remote controlling these devices from a Microsoft Windows based computer please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an option to turn off hands over controllers

After updating my oculus quest to the latest software version (V19 at the time of writing) i've noticed these absolutley horrid grey hands rendered over the oculus touch controllers in the main system menu, what i propose is an option in the settings to switch back to only rendering the controllers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Guardian improve/real life overlay

Improve the lobby/guardian space.

I know its huge. But it would be game changer for vr.

Merging the real life into the gardian.

Exemple: new option: realworld guardian.
    You need to walk around so the oculus scan ur house/app with real distance real object. Place/spot that the oculus cant identify are black and then u move around it.
    Need sort of AI to separate every item and identify them. With a low refresh rate. When the surrounding isnt moving. And higher when something is moving.

You end up having ur house with every object in vr has guardian so you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Having the option of seeing guardin boundaries in casting

I feel like it’d be very helpful to have the option of having the guardian boundaries visible in casting mode. It would be a lot easier to help navigate someone through VR who is using a quest for the first time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow updates to Oculus Quest to be installed through PC application instead of just over wireless

If you are in an environment where you are not able to get the Oculus Quest connected to wireless, but do have Oculus App installed on computer with Ethernet connection and Link working, allow the updates to be installed through the link instead of just on wireless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reduce Oculus desktop app size

Oculus link, Rift/Rift S all need the desktop app to run vr softwares like SteamVR. It would be better if that app wouldn't be so heavy.

Sure the software doesn't include just the store but also the essential drivers and files required to use the headsets with the pc.

There would be less issues with ssd space, bandwidth, and system overhead.

I propose to separate drivers for Quest Link from Rift/RiftS, and make the store optional in another different download.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Address casting to only Google chrome devices, should be able to cast to all enabled devices

Expand casting capabilities of the headset, many android apps allow casting to many models of tv/phone/tablet - cmon devs, get this sorted please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I Wish to have passtrough view on command.

Having passthrough view would really help in some situations, with out having to take the headsets on an of, or to be aware of certain circumstances (pets, lights, others.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Being able to post YouTube videos from the quest

This will help a lot of people with possibly their passion It would probably make the videos look much better

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. App has a design inconsistency

I noticed that there is a small deviation of the spreading button's position in the oculus app, when selecting the social option the quest mirroring button is a few pixels lower than it should be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Guardian that works similar to a floor mat, based on user position not controller

When a user uses a floor mat to position themselves, they can tell where they are based on there feet position. When they step off the floor mat they feel it and move back on. The floor mat pays no attention to the swinging controllers.

The idea is to create a guardian that works similar to this,
    Imagine actually tracing the floor mat rather than your walls.
    The guardian is activated only by users head position and completely ignores hand controller positions, whether they in the guardian or not.
    Only when the users head moves close to the boundary it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a pause button option

It would be great if there were a pause button to pause the game. Also voice prompts would be lovely so you could tell it to pause or go home, etc. rather than pushing buttons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A universal method of locomotion in apps.

Most people have limited space for game play, and omni-directional treadmills are too expensive. I want a standard method for in game movement that resembles a Segway or scooter of some kind, with support for optional accessories, like foot pedals for speed control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base