Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Allow user defined game/app groups

Let me make groups to store my apps in. For example, I'd like to keep my "beaten but fun enough to mess around in" games in a separate group so I can more easily find the ones I'm still playing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No- and Low-Vision Accessibility Options

An option to increase the font size or text-to-speech feature would definitely help users who are visually impaired from a disability or have low vision. This would also help with seniors who have depleted vision. These demographics should have easier access to such a great device. They should not be excluded.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guardian color zones

I would like to highlight some guardian zone with colorcodes.

In all our houses we have different limits, in some case, we have a bed(low), some other a wall, in other a television. I have no problem in passing the wall near the bad, but I still want to know that I cannot walk there, with the television, I want to be sure I am not going to pass through that and knowing it with a color code will be easier even to realize where we are in the room and if we have to be more careful in the…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 levels of Guardian; hand and feet

A lot of my obstacles are low in height so I can swing arms freely above them.

I would love to be able to set 2 Guardians, one for when my feet are about to hit, another for hands. So at wall the full grid comes on, but over my sofa it only comes on for the lower half.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to keep device on and not confirm guardian for Developer Mode

It's really annoying when you are trying to develop on the Quest to have to confirm the guardian again every time you look through the device.

It usually goes like

Pick up device
    Confirm guardian
    Look as result in Oculus Browser
    Put device down
    Save changes
    Pick up device
    CONFIRM GUARDIAN AGAIN
    Refresh Oculus Browser

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Charge battery only up to 80% option

To improve battery lifetime you could add an option to charge it only up to 80%.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Browser Prive Mode - PIN security

PLEASE bring back the ability to secure the browser Private mode with a PIN, as was available in the Oculus-driven Gear VR platform.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Facebook Live streaming directly to Facebook Pages

Currently you can only stream live on Facebook to your personal fb account. I’d like the ability to stream directly to my Gaming Video Creator Facebook Page.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Voice/game Volume adjustment for Facebook Live Streaming

When streaming gameplay to Facebook Live, allow the user to adjust the volume/mix of the gameplay in relation to their own voice. So far my voice is hardly audible when streaming to Facebook Live.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ignore acceleration sensor in stationary guardian mode

I love using my Go when on trains and planes for sitting experiences and movies and was hoping with the Quest I could do the same and have roomscale at my destination. However I learned today after trying it that the Quest seems to use the accelerometer/IMU in tracking and when the train inwas on slowed or accelerated I **** through the guardian awkwardly and then the Quest crashed. Please allow the Quest to work on moving vehicles in stationary mode by disabling the accelerometer.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add mixed reality features.

Add mixed reality features. As the mapping of environment and its virtual modification.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make screen reader for the visually impaired

I know there are multiple apps and multiple ways to select items in those apps but it would be really useful to have a screen reader that could read items on the screen this would enable those who are visually impaired to read items they could not otherwise read

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix issue with volume buttons not working to confirm power off

When I attempt to turn off the Quest, it says I can use the volume buttons to "click". However, I have not been able to do this and have to pick up the touch controls to confirm power off.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display date on home bar

Currently, there is no way for a user to see the current date except through the browser (e.g. searching "date" on Google).

As a user, I would like to see the date displayed as a tooltip when I point my controller at the clock on the home bar.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the sit down guardian system adjustable in size

It would be nice if I could make the guardian barrier bigger while playing seated games. If I’m sitting in the middle of a room in a rotating chair I’m capable of fully extending my arms without hitting anything, but the guardian system is often activated. If I set the guardian to roomscale, then sitting doesn’t work well for some games as they now require me to stand and move around more.

2,531 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Larger maximum playspace size

I just tried setting up Quest in my backyard, and having a massive playspace with no wires is amazing! Unfortunately I'm only able to use about half of my backyard because Quest won't let me draw a larger boundary than that, and I don't really want to turn off Guardian entirely for fear of running into things.

Please increase the maximum Guardian size so I can make better use of this larger space.

413 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Point Oculus Touch controllers downwards to start moving forward in direction looking

You would be able to point Oculus Touch controllers downwards to start moving in direction looking as if you were actually walking. It’s more smoother than the action by using the thumb stick. It’s perfect for us all who doesn’t have a large play area for the Quest but still able to move 360 degrees around with arm lengths around

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to Switch Oculus Accounts Without a Factory Reset

The only way to switch Oculus accounts on the Quest is to perform a factory reset, losing all save games and downloaded games. Please provide a way to switch between accounts on the Quest without a factory reset.

I have an original Rift and a quest and would like to play online multiplayer games with family and friends. I have a decent game library on my main account. For games like Orbus or Eleven I am happy to pay for a second license to the game where 2 people will be playing at the same time. However, I would like…

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Phone interactions in VR

My phone is linked with bluetooth already, it should be able to forward my notifications to some virtual display. Let me answer a call, quickreply a message or even see my whole phone screen and use my touch controllers as fingers for interacting with my phone. I'd love to be able to play Hearthstone or Clash Royale on a virtual screen!

963 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base