Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Zoom for visually impaired people

As a visually impaired, it's very hard to navigate and read in vr, in oculus software or in games. It would be awesome to have some accessibility features, for example :

a simple adjustable zoom with a shortcut that is used, in practice like binoculars, adjusting the zoom level with the thumbstcik.
    Pretty similar in the idea with the windows magnifier or IOS/Android zoom for example.

This will help many people reading text in the oculus software and in games and make some of them playable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More virtual environments to choose from

How bout more backgrounds? We need backgrounds for holidays, some of us like anime environments, or maybe a 3d international space station cupola view to promote that documentary experience you guys wanted to make money on? Sky's the limit if you enable and empower developers for this platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blur settings for menus

It's our headset, we should make the menu look the way we want it to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Universal menu accent color

It's our headset, we should make the menu look the way we want it to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the universal menu like the watch in pokerstars vr

We should be able to:
    - tap the watch to bring up the menu
    - grab the menu to detach it and place it where you want it
    - tap the other side of the watch strap for a quick toggle action (mute mic, night mode, report bug)
    - download watch skins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Smoother couch to roomscale transition. Don't ask me!

The couch idea is great, but the asking if I'd like to move to the couch in the middle of play takes several seconds. This is not ideal when playing online. It is not a question that needs to be asked. The couch should be part of the guardian. If I move to an area, that is obviously the area I would like to play in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable the record facility to be accessible from Oculus Dash.

Would it be possible (and if so, could you do it) to move/add the record and screenshot feature from Home to Dash. I like to record PCVR content (MSFS in my case) whilst in game. But right now it’s kind of clumsy.
    I have to to start the recording in Home before connecting Link or Airlink, and then have to quit Link in Dash to go and then stop the recording. I know it’s a first world problem, but it really would help simplify the process. Recording directly on a Quest 2 is many many times better than using OBS.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quest 2 - List of guardian custom presets

As it is right now (Sep 2021), Guardian remembers the last area I drew in a given room. If I go to my office upstairs, when I turn on the Quest 2 it will automatically remember my usual Guardian area there. If I do it in the living room, it does as well.

However, sometimes I want to sit on the couch and watch a movie. My couch is right outside my usual Guardian area in the living room, so I have to either draw a new area, thus overwriting my usual one, or change to stationary, which effectively makes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow silent installation for enterprise/institution deployment

Working as IT Support in high-ed school I was asked to provide Oculus software in computer labs. Deploying software using SCCM is common use now, but unfortunately Oculus software cannot be packaged and deployed silently. Deploying software massively and easily is important to us and not being able to do so is quite the annoyance to say the least.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saveable Guardians

Can we have names saveable guardians, I typically use my quest in one of 3 locations, and instead of setting guardian each time it would be good to be able to name them without having to reset boundaries each time. In addition to this it would be good to have a quick set up using the controllers as they are now to set floor level, but also to set maximum height and arm span. You could then automatically create a safe "bubble" without having to paint the guardian area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello my name is Lucas, I am 13 years old and I started to think more about virtual reality and I realized that it was possible to have

I was thinking and noticed that the experience is still missing to feel the weight of objects vr with that I started to think and soon I came up with a way to make it possible to feel the weight of an object in a game, in short it would be simple would be a platform with two engines that would have cables / ropes tied to the control that when you pick something in the game, the plate that controls the engine would be shaped, the weight that would start to pull the rope continuously according to the weight…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add Battery software protection for devs who like to power the device at all times.

Some of us like to have our device connected at all times. Especially while developing in Unity.

Please implement an option in the Developer tab to enable "Battery Protection" which only allows the device to charge to 60% to avoid shortening the battery's life and also lower the battery temperature.

Tablets such as the Lenovo M10 FHD does that and is a great idea.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable hand tracking for PC VR apps when using them via Oculus Link

Hand tracking on Windows already works for developers when using the Unity editor, so there is no reason this couldn't be added as a general feature.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Space Sense and AR Objects

I saw that Space Sense may be coming to the OQ2, excellent idea for saving my friend's skulls. I hammer fisted my buddies' eye hole while simultaneously cracking a zombie's cranium with a crowbar. More AR living room objects could make it easier to organize your space within the headset. On a final note, the Guardian system sometimes does not notify me before I break my hand. There should be 2 layers of guardian. The first layer being the original Guardian system, but the 2nd layer should be another traced guardian that acts as a fail safe, but for this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desk Experimental Feature should be usable with Link

I love the new desk feature to visualize my desk surface in the Oculus home. It makes it really easy to set my controllers down when I'm done using them. However, when I try to enable Oculus Link I get a message telling me I can't use it with Desk. This doesn't make sense to me, since Oculus Link is primarily used with a physical connection to a computer that is at my desk, so it seems the perfect candidate to have a virtual desk displayed. I would really like to see this Desk feature integrated with Link, or at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Accessories

Enable third party developers to make accessories with infrared tracking capabilities. This will help improve the Oculus Quest 2 ecosystem with more immersive experiences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Timer for recording feature

Hello,

I hope you are doing Great.

This is not related to a issue itself but feedback about the recording option in Oculus Quest 2.

The request is to put a timer in the recording option. When you want to make a video of what you are playing you don't want to have in the video all the steps you need to take to go back from the recording option to the game main screen.

If after selecting the recording option you have a 3-5 seconds timer counting down before starting recording that will give you enough time for closing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto Power Off Setting

Essentially add a setting in settings that is a drop down menu where when the quest is not being used and goes into sleep mode you can choose how long it the quest will stay in sleep mode before powering off.
    Some intervals could be 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 60min, 120min, never, or (input a specific time). There have been countless times where I will watch a movie on the quest at night whether it is in the browser or on something like big screen and I will get super tired so when I take off the headset I doze…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. dark mode browser

Dark mode available for the Quest Browser, would work like Dark Reader or other dark mode apps to turn browser pages into dark mode versions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the wifi regional bug

Quest 2 uses an outdated driver to setup the wifi profile. This caused my wifi speed to be stuck at 192 Mbps because the firmware locked it at 20 Mhz channel width, as well as not being able to detect wifi on channel 36-64.
    My country (ID) supports all those channel and 80 Mhz so I should be getting at least 866 Mbps, so please update your wifi firmware according to the latest regulations here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac/ax)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base