Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Please make the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with Quest

Please make the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with Quest i purchased the Quest for my sons birthday but he has a 1650 grphics card & it doesnt work. Why are lower spec graphics cards compatible yet his isn't? When will the 1650 be compatible is it in beta trial?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn virtual environments into virtual worlds

I'm thinking of cyber city, when I look outside the window, I want to go outside, get lost in the cyber world. I don't like virtual VR and even FBs new platform , it's too cartoonish. I want something cyberpunk-esque

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a hitman game!!!

Making a contract killing game with graphics and controls like half life alyx.
    I want to feel like John wick and hitman at the same time lol 😆.. I'm getting into the vr oculus quest 2 world and have crazy ideas.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To let you be able to see when someone comes into your boundary

I have 2 baby brothers that i always trip over so I need a thing so I can see when someone comes in my boundary

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hardware/Software availability for Quest 2 Link on Linux

Due to Microsoft playing silly monkeys with hardware support for Windows 11 I've made a start migrating to Linux now. It's either that or fork out £500 for the next gen processor up from mine that I neither need or want for my Workstation work/Gaming. I'm not doing that lol as I can play VR titles with very high quality settings, and regular games all at max quality.

Given all my other hardware peripherals works fine on Linux and the fact that platforms such as Steam/Proton, Epic Games/Hero Launcher and Roblox/Wine6.1 provide Linux availability, but no Oculus store/compatibility, my Quest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix resolution and aliasing as of update v33

I am on update v33 and am seeing more of the screen door effect and a lot of aliasing in the home environment and the menus. It seems the resolution has lowered? Please look in to this and preferably give us options for this in the settings menu.

Please upvote if you see the same, thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guest accounts to share games /apps.

Allow purchases via the guest account to allow for shared play with other accounts and admin.

An issue currently encountered. Have purchased beat sabre via non admin account. No one else can play this except for the account who purchased it. However all games purchased through the admin account, all users can play these.
    Due to this, have had to purchase a game twice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show Power Level with FAST-PRESS of Power or Volume Button.

There seems to be no way to know the power level of the Headset unless you turn it on. Seems you should be able to do a quick press of Power or Sound to just let you see the power level without going through the LONG POWER UP sequence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop Spying on me!!!

I power down, only to find later that the unit is ON!!! It's bad enough you can hear and see everything with those 5 cameras on the Oculus Quest 2, but when I SHUT IT OFF, I expect it to STAY OFF!!! It is not a one-off event. There have been many times I use voice to shut down, or I press the button, only to come back and see that the unit is ON. For how long, I don't know....
    FIX THAT!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Point & click in Oculus Link environment

please also allow point and click via headset in the PC Oculus Dash environment when no controllers are connected,
    as it is possible on the Quest environment.
    So by simply looking around you move a dot , and pressing volume button clicks.

many use Oculus Link almost exclusively for sim racing and don’t want to wake a controller, because when the controller goes back to sleep after a while, the screen blacks out for a moment, which can ruin your race when this happens at the wrong moment.
    And each time putting in battery and taking out after having clicked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto-launch in virtual desktop

A setting to have Oculus Dash automatically show the virtual desktop when you start the Oculus Link session would be very welcome.

From the Q2 menu I am able to get to enable Link without need of a controller, as we can do that by looking around and using the volume button to click (and the controllers remain asleep).

I for one use Oculus Link almost exclusively for sim racing and don’t want to wake a controller, because when the controller goes back to sleep after not being used a while , the screen blacks out for a moment, which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cloudstreaming subscription

Honestly blows my mind that a company in love with tracking people and data selling didn't initially offer this service before multiple companies such as shadow did on their own product I mean come on Disney+, Netflix, every **** website 15 years ago, ps+ xbox live EA every grandfathered legacy mmo that survived (wow and final fantasy 14) . Its free money.... I needed to contact you in any capacity. cloudstreaming a basic customizable desktop that is sustained with fees that outpace the cost by a medium margin shadows service uses a highly optimized cpu to stream and charges 30…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add input methods for Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese

Hi there,

I know that Oculus Quest is not directly sold in China Mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, and FB service is blocked in China Mainland too, as a result, it's very hard for the Oculus team to serve and communicate with the Chinese users/community.

Just want to let you know that even so there're many ppl there who are using and enjoying Oculus devices (you know what, Oculus Quest 2 has been the top-selling item on Amazon China for a very long time!!).

I really appreciate that the Oculus team adds Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese support for the…

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Manage Mic Option to Transmit to Party and App Simultaneously

Please add an option to transmit mic in BOTH Party and App simultaneously (current functionality is restricted to either one or the other). Please refer to attachment for menu example.

This would be identical functionality to playing a PC game with a voice chat program (e.g. Discord) running.

The "echo" from transmitting on both party and app can be addressed by the users muting each other within the app.

This would allow party members to:

a.still talk to each other via party chat during app loading times, other areas/menus of a game etc.

AND

b.still talk to other players in…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New passthrough hybrid mode.

This hybrid guardian mode would show the user their boundaries at a glance, but wouldn't react to being outside of that boundary, as in, gameplay and use would be continue as normal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to add/remove more than 1 couch/desk - Automatic transitions to avoid breaking immersion

Some people have multiple desks or surfaces in their rooms, as well as multiple couches. Users should be able to add more than 1 couch/desk in their home environment.

Also, every time you step into the area of a desk or couch, a pop-up occurs asking you if you want to enter that area. This truly breaks immersion, and it would be better if it automatically adjusted when you sit on the couch, or remain close to the desk for "x" amount of time, or tracks whether or not you are sitting down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Limit video recordings to 15 minutes to stop the 3.79GB corruption.

I have recorded several files that are now corrupt due to the limit of 3.79GB. Either split the files when they reach 3.5GB to prevent this from happening, or have a limit on how long you can record for per recording.

This occurs due to the FAT32 format, I'm not expecting that to change - just a limit on video length

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. web cam

implement a virtual web cam (like Immersed does), that can be used in your virtual environment or home, and selected as a web cam input on your computer, so you use it in say skype, teams, bluejeans, slack, zoom etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 120HZ

Please in the future make sure that the 120 hz option is functional with every oculus update in the future(for link at least)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Passthrough Window

Add a feature that would allow the user to display a small window into the real world while playing a game or watching a video. The window would remain in a fixed location on the user’s screen and the size/location of the window could be customizable. The double-tap Passthrough shortcut is nice but requires you to temporarily exit your game or video. This window could be appear/disappear with the simple click of a button or with voice commands. It would be beneficial if you’re eating, hanging out with friends, or just want to see your surroundings during an activity.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base