Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add parental controls to tamp down extremely toxic behavior by some children in multiplayer Quest/Quest2 games.

There is an overwhelming number of kids in multiplayer VR games screaming the most vile things I have ever heard and engaging in explicit harassment. I suspect it's due to a mix of immaturity crossed with anonymity and a sense of disembodiment while inhabiting a virtual avatar.

Regardless, this needs to be addressed. Putting kids all in their own lobbies is not a great solution because it traps good kids with the bad/toxic ones. Instead, I suggest you add a microphone buffer/snapshot as an opt-in parental control feature. Open up an API for developers that allows them to trigger an…

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 请添加“手语”模式,meta的愿景应该包含聋哑人士。

全球6000--7000万聋哑人口,应该包括在Meta愿景里,所以语言系统应该成为重点功能,可以先成为实验功能啊。

对我来说,SpaceX开拓深空、Meta开拓次元都能扩展人类的生存空间,这是人类英雄行为。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide controllers during movie/video/TV modes. They completely ruin 360 vr and movie experiences

Watching a movie and get completely distracted by blindingly white controllers. turn on hand gestures and now hands wont disappear from the video. Why are they there? controllers have wrist lanyards and I'll never not be able to find my hands. Kind of a silly bug to me...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Core Software: Synching Oculus to a phone as a Headset to view VR content from phone

Android supports a google cardboard view to see VR content on a phone. With a use of a usb-c cable connected to a google, and a phone compatible with OTG mode and debbuging enabled it would seem possible to share screen or send data to a quest (or even sync controllers and possibly sensors), to view android apps (which has VR support [Planner 5D for example]) or even use movement from a controller or walking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. give users ability to store few passthrough settings + ability to disable some passthough behaviours

We should have ability to save few shapes of passthrough and choose from them.
    Users should have option to disable passthrough in options for certain games.
    There should be option for table and couch mode to disable popup when you standing or sitting (it should change passthrough mode without asking) + option to disable changing to camera passthrough when you are close to couch/table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Disable Guardian Work Again!

Software Update v34 introduced a lot of really great features for people who are unable to play in VR in a distraction-free environment but it also overrode the use for the Disable Guardian option in Developer Mode to work while operating the Quest 2 device under normal conditions, now it "may only be used for content development purposes".

I have an anti-fatigue mat I use for added comfort and I never need to step outside of the mat for any purposes while playing, all of these extra features are just making it hard for me to enjoy VR.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Main Bar “Tools” add-on

This idea is mainly for the Quest 2. When you click the Oculus button on the right controller, aside from the normal browser, store, and app list, there could be an option for a new menu, this could have a photo of a camera that takes a screenshot(as well as the ability to set the shutter timer before hand), an icon of a clip that can instantly copy a link(i.e. YouTube, Facebook, even a photo stored on the headset) which could then or pasted into the Messages app, and a couple other things (I’ve got no other ideas but you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back Stationary guardian passthrough

The Passthrough option on the Stationary Guardian was removed on the most recent update. This was a very preferable way to play as I could move my arms beyond the circle without the grid popping in and disturbing my experience.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Space sense without gardian

Inside dev options, you can turn off guardian. Allow us the option to toggle space sense back on, separate from the guardian.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i just sat down on my recliner to watch oculus tv

and i already have bad neck ache trying to do the excorsist 360 deg rotating neck trick. youtube gets it, oculus tv doesn't . crazy innit.. youtube has a control for changing viewing direction. when you done that add a control for merdian setting for when you are viewing lying down. i dont get why this is not already offered..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The ability to allow user filtering on dashboard apps to persist, like the Rift UI provides.

On the Rift if you filter "Non-installed apps", this setting persists.
    On the Quest if you select "Installed Apps", it does NOT persist.
    Is there some way we can implement this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add options to change texture size in the headset menu

SideQuest can change the texture size up to 2560 or even 3072.
    This makes some games unusable.
    But some can handle it and the graphics is so much more enjoyable. The remote textures are not blurry and when you see to the far then it is much more enjoyable.
    So if I would like to enjoy sights or simply just one of the Oculus homes then setting texture to the highest is like you would have improved your LCD display.
    I think this is a cheap development but would be very useful to improve immersion. Sometimes I can accept lower…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Universal comfort settings

It would be pretty nice to have OS level comfort options that automatically import into software. For example, a separate tab in settings to set preferred hand, height, locomotion, standing/seated, etc. Then after you launch a game that has those settings, it will automatically set them to you system level preferences.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add these games .call of duty and warzone and black ops and pes

Please add these games .call of duty and warzone and black ops and pes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add device "modes"

There could be 3 or 4 different device "modes" you could switch through in settings.

Battery: This mode would help save the battery of your Quest by turning the brightness down all the way, turning the refresh rate down to 72hz, turning off the mic and voice assistant, and if possible you could use the new Application Space Warp to run the Quest at only 36 fps.

Performance: This mode would prioritize performance by doing stuff like using Application SpaceWarp to run games at 120 fps. There is probably some other behind-the-scenes stuff that could be added to make the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Select left/right eye for video recording

The ability to record, and cast from the headset, without any other technology needed is great. But that the camera is locked to the left eye, aren't.
    I've seen many people complaining about how records, in shooting games, aren't working, since they aim with the right eye. This though, is only one, minor issues.
    I have - and many others have too - an eye illness. I have strabismus (also know as a lazy eye), but that is only on example. This causes the muscles in my left eye, sliding out to the side. That means I'm right eye dominate,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 关于Horizon worlds的反馈与建议

反馈:
    Horizon worlds最大问题就是没有特点非常平庸,所以为什么要开发一个VRchat替代品。

建议:
    1、让Horizon worlds成为次元世界中转站平台,集成在quest里成为原生世界,而不是现在还要打开。

2、唯一化ID、通讯系统等,这样可以统一数据,同时保护用户隐私。

3、Hozion worlds添加佣兵系统。全球上千万的quest用户依然感觉孤单,原因就是原子化不能统一,佣兵系统就能成为互动的手段。

4、提供统一的Hozion worlds货币。

5、在hozion worlds生活就能获得Hozion货币。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back the ability to customize clothing!

The old avatars had clothing customization options. Please bring that ability to the new avatars as well! There are lots of clothing choices in the avatar editor that are great except for the colors. Please make it so we can change colors on clothing again!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Voice commands for everybody (at least all English speakers for now)

Please bring voice commands to all users that use US English as their system language. I understand that opening up voice commands to other languages is a big task, but by restricting the English voice commands to just the US Oculus/now Meta restrict themselves of so many potential Beta users and would enhance their experience as well by opening up to more regions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full recenter your view with hand tracking (exactly as the Oculus button long press do)

I would like to recenter my view with hand tracking (exactly as the Oculus button long press do). For now, the "Recenter view" option in the Oculus menu that I can open with hand tracking doesn't do full recenter, e.g. it doesn't reset horizontal+vertical+rotational position—just rotation.
    It will be very useful when I change headset height (like while working on the sitting/standing desk in ImmersedVR).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base