Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Missing Download Window

I have noticed that after update V35 loaded, the small download window no longer appears. I confirmed with Oculus Support that V35 eliminated the window. I found the download window to be useful for confirming a download was occurring, monitoring progress and completion of the download. I would like this feature to be returned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stationary boundary

Since v34 the stationary boundary cannot be deactivated when the controllers are outside the zone(cf: image), there was an option to do that in experimental mode but not anymore, it's supposed to be by default now, but not for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Oculus Virtual Audio Device crackling issue

After extended exchange with support, they confirmed there is an issue with Oculus Virtual Audio Device software. Please fix it.

See tickets 3659021 and 3601445 for full details.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An option to DISABLE the headset proximity sensor.

So that i can give the headset to a friend wihtout automatically pausing / black screen the app if i want to show him something particular.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Virtual Enviroment Customization

The Virtual Environment, or Home Screen, of the Oculus is a very appealing sight, no matter what room or style you choose. But it lacks mobility for exploration of your new Environment. Not only should you allow users to walk around in their virtual homes, but allow them to redecorate. As an added bonus, advertise to all Game Developers for Oculus games to include unlockable decorations for their games that players can display in their virtual environments. It enhances the markets value by enabling a better user experience and connectivity to their virtual space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Log in with Messenger accounts

There was a period when people could sign up for Messenger without having a Facebook account. It'd be good to allow those users to use that account to log into their Quest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let one-handed people play games, where you usually would need two hands.

Could you make a way to disable one of your controllers?

My twelve year-old brother was born with half a left arm, and I let him try playing as the tree in Acron: Attack of the Squirrels!, which made him want to get an Oculus Quest 2. I would love to be able to play Rec Room with my brother, or any other game for that matter, but he can't use his left controller.
    Could you implement a one-handed mode to the Quests, where if it was turned on, the games that support it would be playable. You could also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove fading to white of interface/menus when getting close

I am visually impaired (severally near sighted), but prior to quest v34 was able to get around menu navigation issues by just getting up close to the text.

In v34 for some reason, menus and panels will fade to white when I get to close to them. This makes reading small text in menus (despite maximizing text size) extremely, unnecessarily strenuous.

Being able to just walk up to a menu, close enough to a few inches in front, was one of the strong points for me, please bring it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Record Games, Playback within Game, ghost

Ability to record a game session and replay it within the game. E.g. minigolf, ability to view recording of the game on the course itself, with “ghosts” of players from including audio.

Relive a session with friends and loved ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update all option for app updates

Add an "Update All" button for app updates instead of having to click through all app updates individually.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. .

you tube. i love the app! but wish i could walk around while using using that app. is it possible to take the garudian off while using only this app? not only that maybe take the grey screen off and make it clear? maybe turn the app into a small screen so its still playing as i can see and walk around?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add an option to save profiles (settings) in Oculus Debug Tool

if we use Oculus Link, we have every time to set the same values in Oculus Debug Tool:
    - Pixels Per Display Pixel Override
    - Offset Mipmap Bias On All Layers
    - FOV-Tangent Multiplier
    - ASW setting

Also Layers Properties could be saved.
    It would be nice to have an option to create and to use (to load) settings-profiles.

Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Oculus Air Link

Whenever i try to air link my headset to my PC, it never connects and says that it has been connected through the oculus app even though my PC displays an audio option through the headset. In other words my headset doesn't cannot connect to my computer even though it says its compatiblr.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update your compatability list for your graphic card hardware. (READ OCULUS)

Update your compatability list, it's an EMBARASSMENT that it doesn't work on a NVidia GTX 1650 when MUCH older cards, with much less power do work on it. Even NVIDIA rates that card as well inside the boundaries of "VR Compatible". You allow the 1650 Super, why not allow the 1650 when it's obviously capable? The Windows software just needs to shore up a few things anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. send battery information to SteamVR

There's areas in Steam interface were battery information is shown and charging status for wireless VR this would be useful so I don't have to go through oculus software out of VR.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Consolidate Library, Chats, and Events into one link on the Windows platform.

Change the new links name to "User Profile". It reduces the clutter of unneeded information from the home screen, and it probably would make the application look much more professional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Place apps around home virtual environment

Just another idea for organizing apps - placing them around the home environment would be a good way to organize apps. I could have a corner for my fitness apps, a table for gaming apps, the movie apps could be near the TV, etc. It would just make finding everything easier and it would make the virtual home environment more useful too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DEFAULT TO "INSTALLED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop trying to get us to buy **** we deleted. Why do you worry more about your sales than your customer experience? This is just one of the reasons that FB has compromised the Oculus when it took over.....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DEMENTIA , SPECIAL NEEDS ETC- desperate need to be able to control the Oculus for those who can’t

Hi everyone at Oculus/Meta. Basically, my mum has dementia and I’ve bought a Quest 2 for her, I have found it’s like a ray of sunshine as her current world is very depressing as she’s not able to go out and has nothing essentially to look forward to of a day. If I and others were able to operate the headset for the user (my mum in my case) via a smart phone or tablet or the existing Oculus controllers in another way - a mirror etc it would be a revelation as she just can’t coordinate or understand what…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. disable space sense on couch

There should be an option to disable the new space sense option introduced in V34 of the oculus software when switching from standing/roomscale to seated/couch mode. When I currently do that and put an ottoman in the guardian area (which is adjacent to my sofa) to rest my feet on, space sense will constanly show me an outline of my lower body and the ottoman.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base