Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add roku and Firestick support for casting

Add ability to cast to roku and firestick

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Home Screen - Start games by walking through doors or portals.

For the Home Screen I always thought it would be super cool to be in a room and have the games be doorways you physically open or portals you walk through to start the game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add built-in fiducial tag support to passthrough API [SDK]

I would like to build an app with the passthrough API that is calibrated to real-world landmarks through april tags, a printed sheet of paper with squares on it that allows computers to identify it's exact location relative to the camera commonly used in AR.

The current passthrough API has no way of running custom code on camera inputs. However, if Oculus implemented a standard API call for finding fiducial tags like April tags that only output the location of tags in view and not any camera data, this would be very helpful and privacy aware. There should also be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn virtual environments into virtual worlds

I'm thinking of cyber city, when I look outside the window, I want to go outside, get lost in the cyber world. I don't like virtual VR and even FBs new platform , it's too cartoonish. I want something cyberpunk-esque

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hardware/Software availability for Quest 2 Link on Linux

Due to Microsoft playing silly monkeys with hardware support for Windows 11 I've made a start migrating to Linux now. It's either that or fork out £500 for the next gen processor up from mine that I neither need or want for my Workstation work/Gaming. I'm not doing that lol as I can play VR titles with very high quality settings, and regular games all at max quality.

Given all my other hardware peripherals works fine on Linux and the fact that platforms such as Steam/Proton, Epic Games/Hero Launcher and Roblox/Wine6.1 provide Linux availability, but no Oculus store/compatibility, my Quest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We need the ability to remove demos, apps, in general free or even purchased apps of chouce from our library, or atleast the option to hide

We need to be able to remove or hide free apps and demos from our library, my library is flooded with apps, It makes it quite frustration to go through my list of apps just to find 1 single game. I bought a $400 headset to sit here while you shove these app tiles in my face? Really?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Increase the Global Volume Range of the Quest 2

I am sure the current Max Volume setting for the Quest 2 was determined by the max volume that the integrated speakers are capable of before distortion sets in. The problem is that this max volume can be too limiting for more capable but higher impedance after market headphones plugged into the Headphone jack.

For example, the Koss Porta Pro based headphones of the Rift CV1 were the perfect balance of comfort, convenience and audio quality and the were capable of going loud and bassy without distortion. Beatsaber was a near visceral experience on the Rift CV1 even with the…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove fading to white of interface/menus when getting close

I am visually impaired (severally near sighted), but prior to quest v34 was able to get around menu navigation issues by just getting up close to the text.

In v34 for some reason, menus and panels will fade to white when I get to close to them. This makes reading small text in menus (despite maximizing text size) extremely, unnecessarily strenuous.

Being able to just walk up to a menu, close enough to a few inches in front, was one of the strong points for me, please bring it back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Record Games, Playback within Game, ghost

Ability to record a game session and replay it within the game. E.g. minigolf, ability to view recording of the game on the course itself, with “ghosts” of players from including audio.

Relive a session with friends and loved ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update all option for app updates

Add an "Update All" button for app updates instead of having to click through all app updates individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. .

you tube. i love the app! but wish i could walk around while using using that app. is it possible to take the garudian off while using only this app? not only that maybe take the grey screen off and make it clear? maybe turn the app into a small screen so its still playing as i can see and walk around?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Guest accounts to share games /apps.

Allow purchases via the guest account to allow for shared play with other accounts and admin.

An issue currently encountered. Have purchased beat sabre via non admin account. No one else can play this except for the account who purchased it. However all games purchased through the admin account, all users can play these.
    Due to this, have had to purchase a game twice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Set which App Launcher filter is default

I'm not sure when this changed or if it's a bug, but as of recently if I select the "Installed" filter for the App Launcher menu, after playing a game or turning the headset off it defaults back to "All." I don't want to have to sort through all my uninstalled apps to find the ones I want to use/play, and having to switch to "Installed" all the time is an unnecessary pain.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oculus Air Link

Whenever i try to air link my headset to my PC, it never connects and says that it has been connected through the oculus app even though my PC displays an audio option through the headset. In other words my headset doesn't cannot connect to my computer even though it says its compatiblr.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Update your compatability list for your graphic card hardware. (READ OCULUS)

Update your compatability list, it's an EMBARASSMENT that it doesn't work on a NVidia GTX 1650 when MUCH older cards, with much less power do work on it. Even NVIDIA rates that card as well inside the boundaries of "VR Compatible". You allow the 1650 Super, why not allow the 1650 when it's obviously capable? The Windows software just needs to shore up a few things anyway.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. send battery information to SteamVR

There's areas in Steam interface were battery information is shown and charging status for wireless VR this would be useful so I don't have to go through oculus software out of VR.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Consolidate Library, Chats, and Events into one link on the Windows platform.

Change the new links name to "User Profile". It reduces the clutter of unneeded information from the home screen, and it probably would make the application look much more professional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Limit video recordings to 15 minutes to stop the 3.79GB corruption.

I have recorded several files that are now corrupt due to the limit of 3.79GB. Either split the files when they reach 3.5GB to prevent this from happening, or have a limit on how long you can record for per recording.

This occurs due to the FAT32 format, I'm not expecting that to change - just a limit on video length

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. web cam

implement a virtual web cam (like Immersed does), that can be used in your virtual environment or home, and selected as a web cam input on your computer, so you use it in say skype, teams, bluejeans, slack, zoom etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Place apps around home virtual environment

Just another idea for organizing apps - placing them around the home environment would be a good way to organize apps. I could have a corner for my fitness apps, a table for gaming apps, the movie apps could be near the TV, etc. It would just make finding everything easier and it would make the virtual home environment more useful too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base