Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Interactive Home Environments'

Add an interactive oculus home environment like the rift/rift s has. Allow people to customize and edit our home environments to allow people to interact with itt. And allow people to invite friends to watch youtube, movies, etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Party chat Mixer

Implement a setting in the party settings that allow to change game audio/party audio balance. I can't even hear my friends talking when playing beat saber. Other platforms such as playstation and xbox have had this functionality for years and it greatly improves the social experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mute/Unmute Mic Shortcut

By double tapping the front of the straps or speakers, if you have passthrough shortcut enabled it will go into passthrough mode. You should make it so that we can do the same actions, but make it mute or unmute our mics. If you do make this please make this possible to do while using oculus link.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More transparency on known bugs

It is widely reported that V27 of the Quest firmware had a number of bugs related to Guardian functionality, Oculus Link functionality and there was a confirmed report of a false "fan fault" message.

Lots of us had problems getting a clear story from the support teams and there was a popular Reddit thread discussing the issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/md62y2/v27updatemegathread/

So far the V28 update looks solid and has solved the majority of the issues as much as I can see.

However the issues with V27 and some of the releases that preceded it raised quite a few concerns, from…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Match 3D keyboard model to K830 variants

Make the 3D model of the K830 keyboard visible from within the Quest environment (via Infinite Office) match the physical key layout. There are various physical K830 models with different key configurations available and the 3D model that shows when typing is incorrect compared to the physical keyboard for some models.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link/Airlink Resolution Options

Please allow us more flexibility in changing the headset resolution in the official app - the minimum should be much lower, at the least, for those who want to take advantage of a fixed resolution that reaches their desired frame rate target especially with the release of 120hz/fps.

I would like to lower my headset resolution over Link to make Asgard's Wrath less dependent on ASW. Thanks for your time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. microphone recording in built in screen recording.

allow an option to record both game audio and microphone audio in built in headset recording.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Being able to use quest 1 controllers with the quest 2 and vice versa

Being able to pair quest 1 controllers with the quest 2 and being able to pair more than 2 at one time. I think it would be useful for people who prefer the smaller quest 1 controllers while using the new and improved quest 2 headset and maybe vice versa.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrated Timer

While it's nice that there's a built in clock which we can use at the press of a button, I feel like a timer would be quite a bit better. I looked around online to see if there was any way to set one (besides external devices) and was surprised to find nothing. I've only had my Quest 2 for a few days now, but I've already had situations where I planned to play for a short time and ended up spending hours in the headset. A simple timer would be greatly appreciated.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to see and use phone within the headset. .

The ability to see your phone and operate it while using the headset. We can mirror our phone screens to countless devices. Mirroring and then mapping our phone, the same way it recognizes, hands, would be incredibly convenient.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please give us an audio equaliser setting.

Can we have an audio equalizer setting. The standard speakers are ok but setting needs to near or at max for best sound, this appears to be the same using headphones. Everyone is different, some prefer bass, some prefer treble. Let us choose our own settings. Surely a basic equalizer with a loud setting should be easy enough to implement and should be present. A disclaimer could also be included to warn people of loud sounds and notifications like iPhone has. Please give us this relatively basic feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use Device Purchase Receipt or Serial Number to Verify Facebook Email

There are many issues with banned facebook accounts when creating an account for the oculus.

There needs to be a way to use the Oculus purchase email or Device Serial Number to verify your legitimacy on facebook and reverse a false ban.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow SteamVR to see the Quest's Guardian

On the Rift S, SteamVR could see the headset's guardian boundary, and settings like "Always show floor bounds" worked without issue.

On the Quest + Link, this doesn't work and SteamVR isn't aware of my Guardian boundary.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display Move overlay when using Link (and Air Link too)

As title says.

Right now Move overlay is not displayed when using Link (I don't have Air Link yet so can't say about that, but I guess it will work the same as Link in that case).

At the same time, Move overlay is displayed without any problem when using Virtual Desktop or ALVR.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. public firmware updates on demand, instead of dodgy sideloading to beat the queue

People are engaging in risky behavior, just to get their grubby hands on the latest publicly released firmware update. this includes side loading from non-reputable sources and the like.

We understand why facebook do these staged rollouts, but your most loyal and technical user base want it as soon as it's available, even if there is the possibility of late breaking issues.

We don't want to play the update lottery which can take weeks...

The alternative right now is sideloading a "totes legit" blehsomestuffn.zip device update from some dude on youtube, which I think we can all agree…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add charge speed indication and estimated time to full charge

It would be nice to know if power delivery is functioning properly and get an estimate on time to 100% like on Android devices.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve the sharing features

Here are a few improvement suggestions for better sharing features in the headset app:
    * in the store, the share button should also support the Oculus chat (unless this is intentional to promote Facebook Messenger 🤔)
    * in both the browser and the chat, www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/* links to be dynamically redirected to the store application (aka deep linking)
    * a [share] button in the browser that allows a user to share a URL with a friend or group, either in the Oculus chat or in Facebook Messenger
    * links to be clickable in the Oculus chat
    * less important :…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pass-through Windows

I'm aware that a virtual keyboard is in the works, but this idea would be a simple work around to allow you to use your own keyboard and mouse without the need for a new keyboard, or even to allow you to "Keep an eye on" things outside the guardian.

PASS-THROUGH WINDOWS

This would give you the option from the guardian setup to create a window that is always visible no matter what app or screen you are on.

This window will always display the what you're camera is seeing.

Want to VR Fish, but your little one is sleeping…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base