Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Fix Oculus Quest 2 Battery Drain when in Sleep

The Oculus Quest 2 drains the entire battery plus elite battery in around 24 hours just stilling in sleep mode. The Quest 1 could go somewhere around a week in sleep mode. There is something seriously wrong with the firmware for it to drain two entire batteries in 24 hours.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to chante the 6 Quick Start App Buttons in the new V15 UI

Please let us change the 6 Quick Start App Buttons in the new V15 UI with our own Favorite games/apps or at least with the most used apps / games

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We need Chinese input in quest2!

We need Chinese ime in quest2, in order to input Chinese

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An in-built timer that warns how long of an interval you have been playing.

From the moment you launch a game, a timer should begin that will just notify you when you have been playing for a certain amount of time that follows the safety guidelines to avoiding VR sickness.

I know my boyfriend using our new headset doesn't feel ill when inside and just plays his way through for a really long time and I have to come out periodically when I think he should take a break for his own health and safety because I know after it's off he feels it.

It would be good to have a timer in game…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In-game browser overylay

Be able to use overlay browser inside any game like how universal menu works.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Record microphone

When recording/streamin or casting, quest should also record/cast the micophone

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 724 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to wirelessly transfer media to the Quest

It would be great to be able to copy movies, photos, 360's etc wirelessly to the Quest so you don't have to plug in the cable.

722 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a quick toggle option to completely hide the Home menu popup windows

When I'm in Home I'd like to have a simple quick toggle option to hide the menu entirely (in both controller and hands free mode), so I can actually view the Home environment completely unobstructed (as you can when you first put on the headset before selecting any menu options), rather than never be able to hide that main popup window again once it's been activated.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Library Management

• I hate those cluttering demos in my library! Pls implement a hide option or even better let the user completely remove them

• Same for other / obsolete apps... just google for this... Reddit, internet is full of these complaints

• Btw even Apple managed to have this implemented in their store : )

• Then set the standard library to installed apps not all apps or let the user choose the default

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow move-around in Virtual Environments

It would be interesting if you would expand user experience within the default virtual environments, such as being able to move around in the Space Station. Also, can you please make a Blade Runner virtual environment!? The movie was filled with amazing quality environments. Thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a small visual cue such as X to make the centre of the virtual playspace

Despite have a fairly large play space, I still find myself drifting towards the edges of the room.

It would be very useful to have a small visual cue (such as a X) marked permenantly on the floor in the middle of my playspace so I know where to stand without raising my headset or seeing the guardian boundaries

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Movement on the Quest 2 homepage

It should be possible to walk around the Quest 2 homepage, as one can with the Rift homepage.
    Why is the Quest 2 homepage not available even when linked to the computer, where storage and CPU power are not a problem. Why does it revert to the Rift homepage.
    Surely with the link cable attached the Quest 2 homepage, should work the same as the Rift homepage.
    It seems a bit of a waste to have a VR homepage you can’t move around.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Double tap to bring up passthrough implementation

so, i like the double tap to bring up passthrough ..genius,,,

but if you turn off the guardian completely, .. which i much prefer to do, then the double tap does not work at all !!

surly if you EVER needed the double tap for passthrough feature , it would be in this situation ???

c'mon oculus think about it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. v10 boot sound is too loud.

The new sound added in v10 upon initially turning on the Quest is much too loud in comparison to the lovely melody that plays when the OS begins to load.

If I have the headset on when powered off, the sound is loud enough to hurt my ears.

Please change this to a tone that resembles the OS loading melody or lessen it's volume by half or more.

Thank you.

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Voice assistant feature based on system language instead of location

Hi,
    I would like to request a feature change to allow use of voice commands outside the US whenever system language is configured to US English.

Please consider it as this is extremely important to people that travel a lot, expatriates and others. It's quite annoying for someone that travels to Europe and ends up not being able to use voice commands.
    I understand that the voice assistant is in beta but many of us are more than willing to help Facebook beta test this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Privacy Options when Streaming Gameplay

When streaming gameplay, the full dashboard is shown, including messages and names of other users if you linked Messenger to the device.

An option to automatically hide this to stream would be greatly appreciated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Focus on stable tracking. Tracking is drifting and jittering more on v23 to my experience, leading to nausea.

Focus on stable tracking for updates to improve performance . Headset tracking is drifting and jittering more on v23 to my experience, leading to nausea.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My idea is to have a virtual smart watch available at all times regardless of what app is running

The idea is to have a virtual watch available at all times to the user. They can toggle it on and off for different apps as it may interfere with the user experience but I think it would be cool. It could be personalised with different and info and things it can do. Also, you could buy or unlock new watch skins or features and even in game watches might have their own game specific info displayed. You could even show it off to other users in relevant games/apps.
    Things it could show would be
    Date and time
    Move data …

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i dont have an oculus link cable but i want to try the air link feature

make it so you can connect your headset to your computer through wifi, because the point of air link is to use pc vr wireless, but if i need to buy a usb-c to a usb-3 cable there is no point of airlink

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base