Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Make the Quest 2 and others more accessible

Everyone should be able to experience the joys of VR. That includes persons with disabilities. Oculus should be working with software developers to make this happen. I my self am in a wheelchair and just bought the Oculus Quest 2 and had issues with guardian, I was too short. So I found a great software called Walkin Vr that allowed me to adjust my height. Oculus made an article stating they wanted to make their devices more accessible and work with developers. Well there it is make good on your word and do it. Its unfair to users with disabilities…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow downgrading firmware

Remove the restriction to downgrade firmware
    Some of us has lots of issues when updating to new Firmwares. This can be a slowed down system or unwanted functions. Please don't close every modification down and keep the system open so people feel like they have the ability to choose.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. REWORK THE "GO LIVE" OPTION.

Facebooks level up and partner program requires you to be streaming directly to a gaming profile yet the only option in go-live is to stream directly to your timeline, This may be okay for someone who just wants to show their friend and family but no livestreamer will use this feature the way it is. I beleive that if a rework is done correctly this will deter new streamers from going to other platforms as it is less complicated, and would be nice to have the comments being visable in a VR space

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give option to disable trigger axis filtering!

Trigger axis filtering which is a software issue in the Oculus API makes it so rapid trigger pulls are not registered easily. Please give an option to disable filtering for VR games that require rapid trigger pulls.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. V23 - Quest 2 - Re-enable ethernet (Gigabit-LAN) support !!!

PLEASE UP-VOTE

So I have been using the Quest 2 with an ethernet adapter for the past month, reliable internet and works wonderfully for my remote desktop sessions to my mac for my work. Unfortunately, the recent v23 OTA install seems to have removed this weird networking option and that seems to be missing from the Update change-logs as well. The reason it matters: For people in cities we have very crowded Wi-Fi bands. Depending on the number of people in the apartment you live in, you can have very unreliable networking. Especially with people at home from the pandemic.…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the faulty audio software which prevents the mic from working in link mode.

This happens as soon as the Oculus Quest 2 software is installed with no VR headset attached or switched on.
    The result can be seen in the attachment.
    If uninstalled and replaced with the Rift S software, the problem disappears but cant use the Quest 2 without an upgrade.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Official Oculus Quest PCVR streaming

Official Quest PCVR streaming app. Allowing Quest users to use the Quest for PCVR gaming on the Oculus Store and Steam VR.

1,037 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We are beta-testers?

Hi,
    I would like to share with you my observations following the Quest 2 v25 update.
    During the V25 update, I had huge latency, tracking problems, and crashes...

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

So I don't understand, how you can launch large scale updates without even having an impeccable quality control.

By not being able to refuse the updates, it's unacceptable, I feel like you're using your community as beta testers...

Today since the v26 update it seems better, but I noticed some changes, the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set which App Launcher filter is default

I'm not sure when this changed or if it's a bug, but as of recently if I select the "Installed" filter for the App Launcher menu, after playing a game or turning the headset off it defaults back to "All." I don't want to have to sort through all my uninstalled apps to find the ones I want to use/play, and having to switch to "Installed" all the time is an unnecessary pain.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Request to solve the Facebook crazy ban account problem

My facebook account is often blocked for no reason. I uploaded my authentication video to the app, but the reply I got was that it violated the "Community Standards"? Facebook insisted that I be banned, I don 't know what I did that violated the Community Standards, Do you think I' m using this account under a false identity? I don't go to Facebook very often, and I hardly speak at all, because I don't use Facebook very often, and I signed up just to play Oculus, I currently have riftS, And pre-ordered QUEST2 on Amazon

Before that, I logged…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Phone interactions in VR

My phone is linked with bluetooth already, it should be able to forward my notifications to some virtual display. Let me answer a call, quickreply a message or even see my whole phone screen and use my touch controllers as fingers for interacting with my phone. I'd love to be able to play Hearthstone or Clash Royale on a virtual screen!

936 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Brightness slider for Quest 2

Add a brightness slider in settings, coming from quest 1 black level is jarring for some experiences.
    Or some better system wide colour adjustment.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alow multiple usernames in quest with a single facebook account, or allow multiple facebook accounts.

Owning multiple headsets is problematic with the Facebook required logins. My 3 headsets are essentially useless for multiplayer now. I realize Facebook's TOS only allow one login, so i propose to allow Oculus to create multiple usernames. It already allows usernames so you don't have to have your real life friends list combined with your gaming friends list. I'm proposing to just add multiple usernames to the oculus side of the account so you don't run into duplicate username issues in multiplayer.

Here's an excerpt of my talks with oculus support.

Jt
    Nov 19, 2020, 8:04 PST
    Rebecca,
    Thanks for…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Switch Oculus Accounts Without a Factory Reset

The only way to switch Oculus accounts on the Quest is to perform a factory reset, losing all save games and downloaded games. Please provide a way to switch between accounts on the Quest without a factory reset.

I have an original Rift and a quest and would like to play online multiplayer games with family and friends. I have a decent game library on my main account. For games like Orbus or Eleven I am happy to pay for a second license to the game where 2 people will be playing at the same time. However, I would like…

869 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Increase the Global Volume Range of the Quest 2

I am sure the current Max Volume setting for the Quest 2 was determined by the max volume that the integrated speakers are capable of before distortion sets in. The problem is that this max volume can be too limiting for more capable but higher impedance after market headphones plugged into the Headphone jack.

For example, the Koss Porta Pro based headphones of the Rift CV1 were the perfect balance of comfort, convenience and audio quality and the were capable of going loud and bassy without distortion. Beatsaber was a near visceral experience on the Rift CV1 even with the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multi headset games license

Two headsets. same house hold. single user games work fine. For multi user you need two facebook accounts ( which facebook say one person one account )

suggestion -- License multiplayer games to work on the same facebook account. ( extra cost option perhaps )
    If a friend comes round and we wish to play a multi player game . we cannot unless i have two facebook accounts and re purchase the game AGAIN in the second account. BUT facebook does not want the same person to have two accounts. Err something wrong with the logic here :)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Quest Link Mic not working

When you first open any software on the quest 1 or 2 the mic doesn't work. To get the Quest link mic to work you have to enable and disable Oculus Link every time. There are a lot of users having the same issue below.

https://youtu.be/q06oYyrLLng

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow permanent deletion or archiving of apps from the App Store and app lab

Please implement the ability to permanently remove apps from the App Library or somewhere to archive them.

Default always shows all apps when you turn on the headset and you have to manual select installed to see what’s actually on the headset.

Plus with app lab - you have no section so it crowds the whole screen of official store apps. A lot of app lab games I’ve tried now still remain in the menu even if I just downloaded them to try the demo and then uninstalled them.

More options would be great but an option to remove apps…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Clear All" button for notifications

It's really annoying to try to clean all the old notifications. A button/icon to clean it all at once would be great.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base