Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Fix Oculus Link Discharging on Quest 2

I am using Oculus Link on my PC directly plugged into my GPU (RTX 2070) this used to work fine on Oculus Quest 1, the battery drain on Quest 2 with link is a real problem, it discharges slowly but I have to plug into my battery bank to charge and play instead of using link for awhile.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow default filter to be installed only

Without a hide or delete function for the quest 2 apps, having the ability to set the filter default to installed apps could resolve a major issue for people seeing many apps that they don’t want to (uninstalled apps) It seems like an easy fix.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make communication more accessible for the sign community. Use hand/finger tracking when holding controllers.

Add the ability to use hand/finger tracking when holding controllers natively or when using Link cable.

Sign language with friends would become a lot easier if this was added. Currently, making hand signs like holding three fingers up or slightly curving your fingers is impossible when using apps such as VRChat. If this was added to Quest 2 and Quest, this could them be added by applications and would make it a lot easier for the sign community to converse in Virtual Reality.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

2,163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to change brightness.

Allow the brightness to be changed like the Oculus Go.

2,015 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Passthrough Mode with Guardian Turned Off

Like many developers, using the guardian can be cumbersome when switching between my desk and headset, so i utilize the option that lets you turn the guardian off. However, that seems to disable the passthrough mode, either double tap or the passthrough environment. Passthrough should be able to be turned on with the guardian turned off, because then instead of being totally blind, theres almost a middle-ground.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to erase portions of Guardian when drawing

When creating the Guardian, please allow you to erase some of the edges/area.. Currently if you make a mistake and you overlap the real world, you have to start again.

I would assume you could use one button to draw.. and another to erase...

1,842 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do NOT require a Facebook account!

Have made several attempts to create an account for my son who is f age according to the community standards using fresh emails and phone number. They get blocked, appealed, then irrevocably, permanently disabled before the account can ever be logged into or used. This has made the Oculus a $300 brick and the box hasn't even been opened (still sealed in plastic).

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable FOV clipping by software in step 3

When you move from 2.9 inbetween IPD (Quest2) and jump to exactly 3 the FOV is cut by software to have boxed shape.

I prefer the option to disable it. I don't mind the curved limits, it looks well and with bigger FOV.

Thanks

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add bring your bed into VR

Now that we have couches and desks, we need beds. This would be perfect for the people who plays VR on the bedroom or when you want to lay down and chill.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mirror audio when casting to phones

Though you can sort of hear audio through the speakers on the headset itself, it'd be far better for spectators if you could hear audio through the phone too, especially when the person using the headset is wearing headphones.

1,558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the IPD size overlay to be disabled

Sometimes a slight movement of the head can be enough to move the lenses slightly, I am unsure of what causes this, could be the bridge of my nose pressing upward, could be a wobbly IPD slider, either way it becomes a source of annoyance when the IPD "toast" message keeps floating up onscreen during an experience.

Please, please, please give us an option to disable this.

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow REMOVING Apps from Library

DEMOS and many free apps clutter up the interface and add content I never want to see again.
    If I OWN THE FULL VERSION of an app I definitely DON'T WANT TO KEEP SEEING THE DEMO version. This is the simplest case, but there a numerous other reasons to allow me to completely remove an app from the library, ESPECIALLY IF YOU FORCE THE UI to always fall back to default of SHOWING ALL APPS!!!!!!! (Remembering the selected filter WORKS ON QUEST 1 but you BROKE IT IN QUEST 2, so this is a bug which also needs to be…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add high refresh rate mode Quest during PC Link

As John Carmack accidentally said during the keynote, the oculus quest is actually able to run 90 hz content, but it was decided not to enable this on oculus quest games for a variety of reasons.

But when connected to a PC, these reasons largely don't apply and this would be a huge comfort improvement. I understand this would require the headset to be re certified by the FCC, but I expect that you will see a lot more users using this feature if it provides as smooth of an experience as the oculus rift.

Enable 90 hz, or at…

478 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the Quest 2 and others more accessible

Everyone should be able to experience the joys of VR. That includes persons with disabilities. Oculus should be working with software developers to make this happen. I my self am in a wheelchair and just bought the Oculus Quest 2 and had issues with guardian, I was too short. So I found a great software called Walkin Vr that allowed me to adjust my height. Oculus made an article stating they wanted to make their devices more accessible and work with developers. Well there it is make good on your word and do it. Its unfair to users with disabilities…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transform the Video/ Photo Capturing Features Please.

-Ability to quickly access the video/picture capturing feature without disrupting gameplay. This will help capture specific moments rapidly.

-Allow option to record your own voice while video recording.

-PLEASE FIX: bug / error related to audio not being synced with video capturing. This happens often when you are navigating through menus/ loading screens. If you go through a loading screen, then the audio will be out of sync with the video recording.

-Option to have a feature that will record the last 15s, 30s, 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min, 15min of gameplay.

-In addition, it would be nice have the option…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow users to hide ALL the popup menus/windows when in the Home menu.

Allow users to hide ALL the popup menus/windows when in the Home menu, so we can actually have an entirely clear view of the Home area when we just want to chill. You already have the option to hide away the menu bar at the bottom (and even move it around if we want), so let us hide the bigger menu window too.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add ability to delete apps from library (not just uninstall)

Trying demos is nice but then the demo is stuck in the library even if you uninstall it (in the "All" view), cluttering the screen with old demos that I don't care about anymore. For example, SUPERHOT Demo is always there beside the full game which I purchased afterward. I prefer staying in the "All" view so that I can see which games are available to me, installed or not. With demos cluttering the "All" view, the only option to hide those uninstalled demos is to stay in the "Installed" view, which does not show the big picture of what…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add roku and Firestick support for casting

Add ability to cast to roku and firestick

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base