Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Official Oculus Link Wireless using WiFi

Official support for using PCVR titles wirelessly via WiFi streaming

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pixel Inversion/ Scanline Correction Software

Pixel inversion/scanline correction software; since getting the rift S now moving to the quest 2, I am part of the small minority of oculus vr headset owners who are sensitive to scanlines/ pixel inversion. I am not talking about the screen door effect where it can be seen as a grid made up of lines which this can be seen clearly on the rift s, this is harder to see but easy to see on white backgrounds on the quest 2. I am talking about scanline/pixel inversion which can be seen by only some people as myself which appears as…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Some people need to use VR lying down

Please make it so users can modify their orientation for view. There are people who are bedbound or just prefer to lie down. A few, like Virtual Desktop and Tripp, accommodate different body positions and it is very helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Manage Mic Option to Transmit to Party and App Simultaneously

Please add an option to transmit mic in BOTH Party and App simultaneously (current functionality is restricted to either one or the other). Please refer to attachment for menu example.

This would be identical functionality to playing a PC game with a voice chat program (e.g. Discord) running.

The "echo" from transmitting on both party and app can be addressed by the users muting each other within the app.

This would allow party members to:

a.still talk to each other via party chat during app loading times, other areas/menus of a game etc.

AND

b.still talk to other players in…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it so older players can get a free storage upgrade

Firstly I am angry at your decision to lower the prices after a few months. You should really think about your decision on the behalf of people who ordered the 64gb version. Secondly, can you please make it so people can upgrade to the 128gb version for free if they bought the 64gb version for the full price

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add bring your bed into VR

Now that we have couches and desks, we need beds. This would be perfect for the people who plays VR on the bedroom or when you want to lay down and chill.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show controller charge level as percentage.

Please restore the percentage icons for the controllers on the Quest home. The percentage bar was more useful and accurate. Thank you.

ArnookieVR??

1,206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mic Recording

Allow the option for your mic to be recorded when you are recording. Currently you can you only record the audio form the quest and not your mic. An option to turn it off and on would be very beneficial and would help in creating video content using the quest!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. REMOVE THE FACEBOOK LOGIN PLEASE

REMOVE THE FACEBOOK LOGIN PLEASE

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable hand tracking for PC VR apps when using them via Oculus Link

Hand tracking on Windows already works for developers when using the Unity editor, so there is no reason this couldn't be added as a general feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Passthrough Mode with Guardian Turned Off

Like many developers, using the guardian can be cumbersome when switching between my desk and headset, so i utilize the option that lets you turn the guardian off. However, that seems to disable the passthrough mode, either double tap or the passthrough environment. Passthrough should be able to be turned on with the guardian turned off, because then instead of being totally blind, theres almost a middle-ground.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Oculus Link Discharging on Quest 2

I am using Oculus Link on my PC directly plugged into my GPU (RTX 2070) this used to work fine on Oculus Quest 1, the battery drain on Quest 2 with link is a real problem, it discharges slowly but I have to plug into my battery bank to charge and play instead of using link for awhile.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Do NOT require a Facebook account!

Have made several attempts to create an account for my son who is f age according to the community standards using fresh emails and phone number. They get blocked, appealed, then irrevocably, permanently disabled before the account can ever be logged into or used. This has made the Oculus a $300 brick and the box hasn't even been opened (still sealed in plastic).

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More guardian settings

I wish we had more guardian options, e.g. opacity level, only the line/border on the floor (without the surrounding grid), distance threshold/tolerance settings for grid/border activation and a radius setting for the stationary circle (its a little bit too narrow by default).

My play space is big enough to move a few steps in every direction, but when swinging in beat saber or point my arms forward in space pirate Trainer the guardian comes up to eagerly.

Thanks for consideration!

You guys rock btw :)

2,612 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

As part of the build 7.0 update that is rolling out this week, we’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:

- If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
    - If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
    - You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting for now. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

15. Customizable home space

I'd like the ability to customize the home environment in Quest, personalizing it to my tastes.

Best case scenario, I'd like to see the same home functionality seen on Rift, possibly with cross compatibility.

If that's not technically possible though, then perhaps a less complex environment, or perhaps predefined 'skins' developed by the UX team.

2,585 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who has voted for this idea! As part of a previous software update, we added the Environments setting to give you more control over your Home space. You can view and change your environment from your Settings panel. To do this point at your bottom toolbar and select Settings > See all > Virtual Environments. Then point and choose the environment that you want to apply. This feature is now available to all users.

As both the initial idea and the comments speak to a functionality request that goes beyond this addition (things like decorating your space with objects, being able to move around the space, etc.), we are marking this idea as started to leave it open for voting rather than closing it as complete. We hope you are enjoying the new environment options we have added!

16. Transform the Video/ Photo Capturing Features Please.

-Ability to quickly access the video/picture capturing feature without disrupting gameplay. This will help capture specific moments rapidly.

-Allow option to record your own voice while video recording.

-PLEASE FIX: bug / error related to audio not being synced with video capturing. This happens often when you are navigating through menus/ loading screens. If you go through a loading screen, then the audio will be out of sync with the video recording.

-Option to have a feature that will record the last 15s, 30s, 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min, 15min of gameplay.

-In addition, it would be nice have the option…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the sit down guardian system adjustable in size

It would be nice if I could make the guardian barrier bigger while playing seated games. If I’m sitting in the middle of a room in a rotating chair I’m capable of fully extending my arms without hitting anything, but the guardian system is often activated. If I set the guardian to roomscale, then sitting doesn’t work well for some games as they now require me to stand and move around more.

2,500 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make communication more accessible for the sign community. Use hand/finger tracking when holding controllers.

Add the ability to use hand/finger tracking when holding controllers natively or when using Link cable.

Sign language with friends would become a lot easier if this was added. Currently, making hand signs like holding three fingers up or slightly curving your fingers is impossible when using apps such as VRChat. If this was added to Quest 2 and Quest, this could them be added by applications and would make it a lot easier for the sign community to converse in Virtual Reality.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Perminently delete games from Library

There’s a plethora of reasons to implement this feature but personally I find that having games that I’m never going to play or get the achievements for annoying. It prevents my library from feeling clean and is irritating to see games I’m not going to play with a 0% on the achievements board.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to choose online status

Please please please add the option to change your online status on the quest, so you can be on your quest but choose to appear offline. Every other gaming system has this option. I believe it is available on the pc companion app but not on the actual quest or mobile app. I do not have a pc. This is basic privacy.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base