Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Manage Browser bookmarks from Oculus app

I often see posts about WebVR experiences when browsing online on my phone or computer - actually getting to them on my Quest involves remembering details or trying to look down awkwardly to read a url.

It would be much easier if I could add a bookmark using the Oculus app. That way whenever I find something I want to look at next time I’m in VR I could add the bookmark right away and then it would be there next time I open the browser.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why should I have to leave my Oculus Quest just to read Facebook? Fix a nice fancy Facebook VR client so we don't have to leave this unit.

A really nice Facebook VR app is missing at least for the Oculus Quest.
    Would be so nice to have a fancy VR GUI to navigate Facebook while we are still using our unit.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access photos//videos/screenshots taken on the device from the Oculus mobile app, so we can share those with the apps on our phone

It should be easier to share the screenshots/video captures we take on our device with the apps/services we choose, like Reddit, Twitter, Messages, etc. The Oculus companion app should have a section that shows these captures taken with your device, and allow you to share using your device native Share functionality.

Today I need to send the photo/video to myself using Facebook Messenger, download it to my phone, and then I can share it a different app/service. It's a lot of work when it doesn't have to be.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Companion App" on the Quest itself.

I don't own a phone, so it's been a high-friction part of the Quest's usability, but even if I had one -- why? Why aren't the Quest's features and options controlled from itself? Wouldn't this be easier for everyone if they didn't have to use their phone? Maybe not because everyone is more attached to their phone than anything...

The only rationale I can think of is that it was convenient to have the device initialized with an account (from the phone). But the need for multiple accounts is strong and this probably also requires some account management and ability…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring the hulu app to quest

Been waiting for hulu since launch why have Netflix but not hulu when hulu is way better

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send URL to headset from companion app

Use companion app to send a URL to the headset which would launch the browser and open the URL, this will make it much easier than having to remember URLs and type them in on a virtual keyboard which involves multiple removals of the headset.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Companion app functionality in Windows Oculus app (casting, etc)

It would be nice to be able to do things that the companion app provides like casting and software installation with a Windows device. A mobile phone screen is not great for allowing more than one person to view gameplay, and many of us have a Surface or other Windows tablet/laptop devices that would serve the purpose much better. It would also be nice to be able to shop/install/view device info from the Windows app like you can do with the Rift.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. steam on quest

There are lots and lots of games on the steamVR store that most people want to play. Why consider buying a different vr headset that can do less when you can have steamVR on the oculus.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please give better parental controls

Please give good parental controls like restrictions for the web browser or allowing you to remove the web browser or to be able to restrict adult content I’m am a young kid (mom says I can’t say age) and I’m trying to convince my mom to let me get an oculus quest and the no parental controls might be a deal breaker so please add good parental controls and here’s some reasons why you should do this

1.a lot of people don’t by the oculus quest becouse there parents don't want there children surfing the Internet and they don’t want…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Minecraft on Quest 2

I would love Minecraft support on the Quest 2. The Rift S currently has Minecraft support and i would love to see this on the Quest 2.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think being able to stream to other things instead of Facebook like YouTube,instagram or twitter would widen the horizon for the quest

I think being able to stream to other things instead of Facebook like YouTube,instagram or twitter would widen the horizon for the quest and make it easier to view for many people

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Access and download recordings from Phone

Right now there are only a few options to download your own recordings. You can connect the Quest to a PC or you can stream to Facebook (which reduces quality and increases stuttering based on connection). I propose the ability to access videos on the device directly from inside the companion app. This process would make it easier for those of us who wish to create content for others to enjoy without the fear of quality. If the Quest could also record your voice, that would be great as well and rid us of awkward videos where people talk to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't require a mobile phone for Quest setup

Don't require a mobile phone for Quest setup. I had to borrow a phone for setup, and it added unnecessary complication to the process (especially because I had to keep enabling things that were turned off on the phone - bluetooth, location etc - and Google Play was hidden by default and that had to be turned on too). It added about 20 minutes and some complexity to setup time unnecessarily.)

I don’t see why it couldn’t all be done through the headset directly – logging into wifi, then into your account, or creating one, viewing a video etc. There’s…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Casting from phone and switching apps

When casting and watching from a phone, if I change apps on my phone and come back to the oculus app, I should still be connected to the headset. It’s annoying to have to reconnect every time I want to switch apps while watching on my phone

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Offline Casting Feature

One of the main pros of the quest is that you can take it anywhere you want and show others how great VR is but since casting requires an Internet Connection showing off VR isnt as good whithout internet as no one can see whats going on.
    Thats why I think an offline solution maybe even through WiFi but without it actually beeing connected to the internet might be a good and necessary feature.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. if you could add steam that would be amazing.

There is this game I want on steam which is not supported by the oculus quest. You could do that or just add the game to the quest. It is called blades and sourcery.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sync mobile device to read text messages and reply within the headset.

Having to remove headset to text is annoying. Doing it within the device would be bonkers cool.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow volume to be silent when casting to iOS app

I use casting to monitor what other people are doing in VR, I don't need to hear their audio (they're close enough I can hear the sound from the headset). However on the iOS app you can't turn the sound down to 0; it goes to 1%, but that's as low as you can go.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Track download progress

AND A BUG

first off i was wondering if it was possible to, in Oculus phone mobile app, after buying a game in said app, have a page where it tells how long approximately the download has left, and get a popup notification on the phone, that way when we buy something at home, we don't have to keep popping in and out of the headset to see if our new game is finished downloading, and when we buy something while out and about away from the headset, we know it's done and we can jump in when we get…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base