Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Make the Asgard's Wrath offer available for EVERY Quest 2 owner

What a horrendous marketing move.
    You're basically telling everyone who bought the Quest 2 to go f- themselves. Too bad if you're an early adopter.

In addition, most of us who bought the Q2 can still refund it and get a new one cheaper, and with a free game.

998 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

140 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the new owner promotion available for new owners!

You post this new owner promotion for Asgard's Wrath, yet you decide that the first 38 days of the Quest 2 no longer count as new owners.

But hey, if you want to pay for cleaning, refurbishing, and shipping out returned units that's really on you. Just know that a lot of us are very angry.

707 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update Netflix-app to current standards and HD

I know the Netflix app essentially was a pet project of John Carmack and it was really great on GearVR at the time.

Now it looks like a neglected child and need an upgrade to match the wonderful new hardware of the Quest 2.

Please talk to the concerned parties (Netflix?). And John, if you´re seeing this: Blow some magic coding dust its way. Please?

Wishlist by order of priority:
    Update the streams to HD-material - 480p doesn´t look good. (never really did, but now it looks horrendous)
    Update textures in the enviroment (gives us more enviroments?), Passthrough as background? …

615 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login!

Remove Mandatory Facebook login in order to accept friend requests and use the Oculus app. I have never had Facebook nor do i want it. I just want to play vr. I don’t want to have to have facebook to enjoy my 500$ Virtual Reality Headset with my friends.

4,028 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

388 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Software IPD Adjust on Quest 2

Please add software ipd adjust on top of the hardware solution to improve quality (stereo effect and chromatic aberration) for people that fall in between or slightly out of the 58/63/68mm of the hardware iPd adjustment.

This way we would get a good enough hybrid of quest 1 and rift s in terms of adjustment :)

Sadly there isn’t a quest 2 page on here yet, so I hope that this idea still finds a few people that vote on it :)

452 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Oculus Gallery to Quest2

On Quest1 there is a native Gallery app to view photos/videos. On Quest2 this app is missing and personal media can only be viewed through Oculus TV. The issue is with a large amount of files, OculusTV is impractical to use because you must scroll to the right to find files. Gallery allowed media to be grouped by directories. Files can be sorted in different ways with thumbnail and list view. For users with hundreds of photos and videos please either bring us Gallery or integrate the folder grouping and file sorting features into Oculus TV.

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Users

Have user profiles so families can share a Quest and we can demo it to guests. Most games don't have save slots so if you had user profiles in Home we could have multiple saves.

6,912 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

689 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Electronic Gift Cards (e-gift cards) or ability to buy store credit

E-Gift Cards, or simply buying Oculus store credits, solves many problems while being relatively easy to implement.

• Parents can add credits for their kids, allowing them to choose games to buy without needing to store their credit card information

• Friends and family can buy e-gift cards, print them, and stick them in a holiday card or have them delivered to the recipient on a future date

• People can indirectly use it to gift games to each other ("Here's a $20 credit, use it to buy xxxx so we can play together!")

• Facebook doesn't need to solve physical card distribution problems…
    183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PLEASE MAKE REPLACEMENT CONTROLLERS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!!!!!

My son's right touch controller is busted and needs to be replaced! I've been trying to find one to purchase with no outcome. He now has an Oculus Quest that he can't play!!! I don't understand why the controllers aren't available to purchase!!!!!!!

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Oculus Quest users to see the time spent in each app

Let us see how much time we've spent in each app like you can on the Rift platform

1,771 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow use to download videos/photos straight to our phones

If you can make it we’re you can download videos/photos straight to our phones then it makes it easier for people who’s want to show friends-family how good the quest is.

958 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make cloud saves mandatory to ensure save data is not lost when performing a factory reset

My understanding is that cloud save functionality is available, but most developers choose not to use it.

It should be part of the Oculus approval process for games to ensure data is not lost if the Quest unit requires a factory reset, breaks or is lost/stolen.

This is something that is seen as the norm for other ‘consoles’ so should be the standard if aiming for VR to be mainstream.

Backing up with usb over developer mode is not a good enough solution for the majority as it requires manual backups.

1,166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the Quest FCC certification and up the display to 90Hz, at least when connected to PC VR

I just saw John Carmack mention this in his OC6 talk. I mean, come on, if there's a chance you can up this thing to 90Hz, even if it's only for desktop mode, then you really should make this happen. Yeah, it's a hassle and cost on your side, but not one customer is going to complain about you making their VR experience the best it can be, especially when from their end there's no hassle involved in getting that.

1,859 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable dynamic contrast adjustment on Quest 2 to enable better blacks in dark scenes.

I've been having a great time on my Quest 2, but have been avoiding darker games due to the grey fog and washed out scenes.

Could you implement an automatic backlight adjustment that would kick in for any dark scene to keep the black levels in check? Since the LCD panel characteristics are known, you could also do automatic color and contrast grading to keep the colors accurate as the backlight is dimed. Many TVs already do exactly this kind of dynamic backlight and contrast adjustment. Could also open an API for developers to adjust the backlight so that they…

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Quest Accessible for People who are Deaf

Set new dev guidelines that force all developers to incorporate accessibility features for people who are deaf.

Subtitles, some other UX prompts, I'm no expert and not deaf but I have built websites for the blind and consider accessibility fundamental to the user experience.

This idea was inspired by this Reddit users post https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/e997wb/quitealotofthequestappsarecompletely/

872 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add the option to run Quest 2 at 120Hz

I would like to request you add the option to run the Quest 2 in 120Hz mode, at least when in PC mode if nothing else.

You can watch John Carmack talking about this in the video below (at the 32:06 mark):
    https://youtu.be/sXmY26pOE-Y?t=1926

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show controller charge level as percentage.

Please restore the percentage icons for the controllers on the Quest home. The percentage bar was more useful and accurate. Thank you.

ArnookieVR??

1,017 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Family Sharing

Several other platforms like Steam, PlayStation, etc. offer family sharing for multiple users in the same household. The same game can’t be played at the same time across multiple accounts or devices, but can be shared within a household in the same way that physical media works.

2,553 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

202 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hebrew input method support in oculus browser

It will be really helpful to add a way to input more languages, either through the virtual keyboard or through a physical one. It’s currently the only thing limiting work with foreign language websites/document editing for required language.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More guardian settings

I wish we had more guardian options, e.g. opacity level, only the line/border on the floor (without the surrounding grid), distance threshold/tolerance settings for grid/border activation and a radius setting for the stationary circle (its a little bit too narrow by default).

My play space is big enough to move a few steps in every direction, but when swinging in beat saber or point my arms forward in space pirate Trainer the guardian comes up to eagerly.

Thanks for consideration!

You guys rock btw :)

2,341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

As part of the build 7.0 update that is rolling out this week, we’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:

- If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
    - If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
    - You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting for now. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 138 139
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base