Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Multiple Users

Have user profiles so families can share a Quest and we can demo it to guests. Most games don't have save slots so if you had user profiles in Home we could have multiple saves.

3,088 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

249 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On Demand Passthrough button like Rift S

It would be nice to be able to toggle Passthrough on-demand like you can with the Rift S to be able to quickly see the world around you without having to pull the headset off of your face.

2,599 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feature request! As we announced during the OC6 day 1 keynote, we’ll be launching Passthrough+ on Quest next week and Passthrough “on demand” later this year! For more information about this and other OC6 announcements, please check out the Oculus blog: https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-connect-6-introducing-hand-tracking-on-oculus-quest-facebook-horizon-and-more/.

Thanks again for your patience while the team continues to work on these software enhancements. See you in VR!

3. Add option to remove red dot when casting to phone/other device

One of the main use cases for the casting feature is to have someone unfamiliar with the Quest using it and someone else watching what they are doing and helping them. However, turning on casting currently adds an annoying red dot that detracts from the experience of the person using the headset. Please add an option to remove it.

1,790 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More guardian settings

I wish we had more guardian options, e.g. opacity level, only the line/border on the floor (without the surrounding grid), distance threshold/tolerance settings for grid/border activation and a radius setting for the stationary circle (its a little bit too narrow by default).

My play space is big enough to move a few steps in every direction, but when swinging in beat saber or point my arms forward in space pirate Trainer the guardian comes up to eagerly.

Thanks for consideration!

You guys rock btw :)

1,500 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

As part of the build 7.0 update that is rolling out this week, we’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:

- If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
    - If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
    - You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting for now. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

5. Change the Quest FCC certification and up the display to 90Hz, at least when connected to PC VR

I just saw John Carmack mention this in his OC6 talk. I mean, come on, if there's a chance you can up this thing to 90Hz, even if it's only for desktop mode, then you really should make this happen. Yeah, it's a hassle and cost on your side, but not one customer is going to complain about you making their VR experience the best it can be, especially when from their end there's no hassle involved in getting that.

486 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customizable home space

I'd like the ability to customize the home environment in Quest, personalizing it to my tastes.

Best case scenario, I'd like to see the same home functionality seen on Rift, possibly with cross compatibility.

If that's not technically possible though, then perhaps a less complex environment, or perhaps predefined 'skins' developed by the UX team.

1,313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow us to change brightness.

Allow the brightness to be changed like the Oculus Go.

1,024 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include an IPD size overlay

When adjusting IPD, please display a size overlay similar to the Rift CV1 when the slider is adjusted.

1,011 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the sit down guardian system adjustable in size

It would be nice if I could make the guardian barrier bigger while playing seated games. If I’m sitting in the middle of a room in a rotating chair I’m capable of fully extending my arms without hitting anything, but the guardian system is often activated. If I set the guardian to roomscale, then sitting doesn’t work well for some games as they now require me to stand and move around more.

952 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

950 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When creating the Guardian, please allow you to erase some of the edges/area.. Currently if you make a mistake, you have to start again.

When creating the Guardian, please allow you to erase some of the edges/area.. Currently if you make a mistake and you overlap the real world, you have to start again.

I would assume you could use one button to draw.. and another to erase...

922 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Google Earth VR

I think if some official oculus reps ask Google for Google Earth VR for the quest, then it will be more likely to come to the Quest.

885 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Clarify the ToS on modding of games, specifically BeatOn for Beat Saber

Due to the new ToS being shown in the "Unknown Sources" section, and the implications of it being unclear, the very popular mod "BeatOn" for custom songs, sabers and platforms for Beat Saber was discontinued. Since Beat Saber and Custom Songs are a huge buying incentive for a lot of people interested in the Quest, a statement should be made whether this type of mod is considered illicit or is accepted by Oculus.

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mirror audio when casting to phones

Though you can sort of hear audio through the speakers on the headset itself, it'd be far better for spectators if you could hear audio through the phone too, especially when the person using the headset is wearing headphones.

793 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Family Sharing

Several other platforms like Steam, PlayStation, etc. offer family sharing for multiple users in the same household. The same game can’t be played at the same time across multiple accounts or devices, but can be shared within a household in the same way that physical media works.

751 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Oculus Quest users to see the time spent in each app

Let us see how much time we've spent in each app like you can on the Rift platform

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to Cast unknown sources

Casting everything in the headset is crucial for guiding and sharing experiences in VR. Please support casting projects from unknown sources. This is helpful for devs, tinkerers, and folks who want to experiment with VR but aren't ready or don't want to monetize their projects and submit to the Oculus Store.

608 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 677 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Official Oculus Quest PCVR streaming

Official Quest PCVR streaming app. Allowing Quest users to use the Quest for PCVR gaming on the Oculus Store and Steam VR.

576 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Minecraft to the Quest.

The Quest is an incredible system, but all the games on there seem to be limited. SuperHot is awesome but only has certain levels to play. BeatSaber is cool but arms get tired after a bit. Minecraft, however, has unlimited possibilities. The only time you get bored is when you can no longer think of what to do. I think it would add a certain re-playability to the Quest. Of course, the Quest is brand-new, and new games will be added soon, but I think that the console could really benefit from something like this.

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base