Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. dried uncomfortable eye balls

When i use the OG for long periods watching media,i find my eyes become very dry .In these moments i need the ability to ajust the distance and size of the screen.I can watch for endless hours using the rift by controlling size and distance. These option are already possible with 3rd party apps like big screen beta ,vr web browser and vr desktop. Unfortunately they do not have the
    ability to play media files. The main reason for using the go is media consumption. thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the intro logo

Please change the intro logo to a 3D tunnel logo, so it will look like the Ready Player One device intro. The logo will still be there shaping the tunnel. It will be really cool to show to new people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Facebook Watch Parties, in Oculus Rooms

Be able to invite friends to watch personal videos together in Oculus Rooms, like is now being done with Facebook Watch Parties.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wireless keyboard

Oculus needs a wireless keyboard for typing. Typing usernames, chatting in games, etc.

One option would be a direct bluetooth keyboard connection.

A second one would be an app that can use your computer keyboard as an Oculus keyboard via wifi, like a virtual desktop type thing. This would be very convenient as you wouldn't need a separate keyboard.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A file explorer with password on folder, and ability to hide folders.

A file explorer with password on folder, and ability to hide folders.

There is nowhere to see the status on the update of the headset. Make it possible.

I want to record video inside the headset including audio.

Add the possibility of wireless transfer of files from headset to PC, and vice versa?

MAke it possible to trade in the Oculus Go , in exchange for an Oculus Quest for a lower price.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notre Dame

Unsure who to communicate with but I think there is an opportunity that could be salvaged from the tragedy of Notre Dame's fire. My brother has been conducting tours of Notre Dame for years as well as other famous landmarks and museums in Paris. After hearing the news I thought about the idea of creating a virtual tour of notre dame with him as a tour guide while the cathedral is being rebuilt.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow audio output to both the headphone jack and built in speakers simultaneously.

I'd like a configurable option to allow audio output to both the headphone jack and the Go's built in speakers simultaneously.

The use case for this is probably small but I'd like to be able to use the headphone jack for a tactile transducer (Subpac) in conjunction with normal audio from the Go's built in audio (prefer not to use headphones / more comfortable / fewer cables).

For me this would be ideal for a game like Thumper or watching movies in any of the Go's media players.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Update to Go networking

Users whom are on specialty networks are unable to use the Oculus Go on their networks due to the following:

- MAC address filtering - Currently there isn't a way to pull either the MAC address or even the assigned IP address directly from the headset or the companion app. We have to tell customers to go to a network admin, which sometimes is not possible for corporate environments with hundreds, if not thousands, of connected devices
    - Certificates - There is absolutely no way to use a custom trusted certificate on a Go.
    - Captive portals - Customers on…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sync Events to a iCal/Google Calendar feed

I would love to have an autogenerated iCal/Google Calendar feed created with all events I mark Interested in that I can import to my Google Calendar or other calendar app.

For example many services let you create a universal iCal calendar feed URL that can be imported into gCal, iCal, Outlook, etc.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/72bj8rtor1lfioi0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

This would be great for increasing user participation because I think a lot of people simply forget when the events are and the notification system is a bit weak. A calendar feed would help people to actually plan to be around for the event. More participation would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Include downloaded content in storage manager app size values

Storage manager only shows the app size, it doesn't include downloaded content. Cirque Du Soleil shows up as ~50mb even though I've downloaded over 5GB of content. This makes it annoying to find what is using up your storage when it's full. I have to manually hunt through every app to find downloaded content to clear out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add option to increase cpu and gpu levels

I have seen a couple of videos online showing how to improve the resolution for oculus go and minimize the screen door effect. However, these improvements are only temporary and it resets after reboot. Can you please include these options in the settings so it can be permanent?

Gpu levels from 0 to max
    Cpu levels from 0 to max

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Correct translation

I am using the Finnish version of UI and noticed a funny translation for the word "casting". That is translated as "Näyttelijät", which means "actors". There's no really a good translation for the word in Finnish, but the closest one could be something like "Peilaus", which means "Mirroring". Or "Lähetys", which translates to "broadcasting". As of now, the translation just makes no sense at all. And after you click the button, it still has further instructions in English.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lite version of Whatsapp

A lite version of Whatsapp on the menu, so we can check messages received and be able to send voice messages using go mic without having to remove the headset to check the mobile. Since this a mobile device, shouldn't be a problem and also it should encourage the social interaction. That supposed to be FB goal anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sharing app

If i make a 3D model and make an Go compatible apk.-file from UNITY, I can sideload the app using USB cable connected to my PC, but if I want a friend to be able to view the model in his Go headset I have to plug his headset into my PC ( and make the same 30 sek. transfer)
    Thats a little tricky because he lives 2 hours driving avay. Would it be possible to build an app where you can transfer the apk file by web to a headset?
    I know it should be possible to upload the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base