Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. User profiles and Manual updates

I'd like to see an option to create user profiles so that each person who uses the headset can have their own customized experience.

I'd also like to see an option to manually update the system software instead of having to wait for the system to do it on its own.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus Go for the Classroom

There are a lot of good educational experiences for the Oculus Go. It would be nice if there was an affordable option for schools and colleges that included parental/teacher controls so that the headsets could be used by multiple users in a classroom setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Price adapted to the economy of each Country.

Price adapted to the economy of each Country.
    In Argentina South America it is very expensive to buy games in the Oculus store to the point that it is impossible to pay more if it is Oculus rift or Rift S. Everyone buys in Steam since the prices are cheaper, a game that comes out $ 1200 in argentina in Steam leaves $ 230 pesos. This is the case in many countries that, although they do not have official support, are left out in the store. In my country there is a very large community we have a group on…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow setup via PC, not just via a smart-phone

To set up the Oculus Go, you have to have a smart-phone with the Android OS and then set up your phone for Wifi and Bluetooth and then download an app. It would be nice if you could also set it up via a Windows laptop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Free trial period for every app!

Why are payed apps not free for say one week so people get a better idea if it is worth the cash?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update: Full screen software support for Google Cardboard and Daydream apps

This is an add on request to something I posted previously.
    With the recent announcement about discontinued support for both cardboard and daydream support, I would like to see some consideration by developers to negotiate support for both these platforms on at least the Oculus go.
    The first reason is to continue use of at least the numerous apps available. Although they may be of lower quality in comparison, it still represents content that can be added to the vast library already in place.
    The second reason is for preservation purposes in case such apps no longer become available.
    A…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't require login to unsubscribe from newsletter.

I don't even own any Oculus products, not sure what data leak you pulled my email from in order to send me your newsletter but I don't want it and I'm not going to login to get it to stop. Welcome to spam filter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Google Play

Can you link Google Play to Oculus browser?

I needed to save my progress in a VR game while playing with my Gear VR.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Slim version

ultra slim & ultra light version:

Freeform Limbak lenses with super resolution:

https://i.postimg.cc/bJSKKbDD/Screenshot-2019-07-26-20-03-57-302-com-android-chrome.png

Super resolution in DK2 comparison:

https://i.postimg.cc/NfjxFtDb/Screenshot-2019-07-26-19-15-19-256-com-android-chrome.png

7 nm revision for no heatsink, simply holes for hot air flow.

7 nm also for better battery, then lighter battery

Same $ price after 2 years but 199€ in Europe, under 200 psycologic barrier, not 219.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dish TV has an android app called Dish Anywhere. Please add to Occulus Go. Really want this ability!

Dish TV has an android app called Dish Anywhere. Please add to Occulus Go. Really want this ability! Would make my Dish subscription portable and easy to access on the go anywhere there is internet access. Please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How about some Kart racing games?

Can you please invent some Kart driving games similar to Mario Kart? How about some free roaming driving games, or games where you can roam around and find things like in Mario games?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We need more Board Games!

I and my friends would like to see more board games like the 3D Monopoly and other games you used to have in Oculus Rooms. Please bring back the rooms too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upgrade the go so for ppl wont cant afford can still feel like its worth ot

Hi. I brought the go thinking i was buying the quest dnt have another?$200 for the quest.what i notice is alot is being done for the quest so many feature when im on youtube looking up things for my son cant find anything recent.my son wont even play it.im disappointed cuz i feel like i failed my son cuz the quest has everything and the go nothing compares. This xmas i was so excited to buy this vr thinking im going to be the kool mom and i went and brought all the quest accessories that goes to the quest.battiers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add oculus rift and quest apps to oculus go

it would be cool to see all oculus rift oculus rift s and oculus quest games in the oculus go store for those who dont have one atleast to try demos or to buy them if its possible someday

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Getting a response

I got no response from help when I asked for it, just ignored. Nothing for about a week so far so I guess maybe answer your customers when they spend alot of money on your products. Makes sense right?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stereo 3D true depth Oculus Go Home

Current Go home environment is monoscopic? No Stereo depth perception on anything but the UI?it feel like a tiny person suspended in mid air. It’s impossible to relax in it because there is no scale. I love SKYBOX VR PLAYERS 3D home environment in mountains is really nice because it feels like a space. The Oculus Go environment just feels wrong because of the lack of scale. Please make provision for one true 3D home space.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need to clearly communicate which specific USB 3.0 Controllers are Supported

At this time, the system requirements for the Oculus Rift S simply state that "1xUSB 3.0" ports is required. The reality however is that only USB 3.0 ports from certain USB controller manufacturers are supported. This detail is not mentioned either on the packaging or website. There is even a file called “compatibility.json” that is installed with the Oculus software that blacklists many of the mainstream USB 3.0 controller chips.

These very specific requirements for which USB controllers actually work with the Rift S is not mentioned anywhere on the support pages for the Rift S and the only way…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. floating horizon

Due to a car wreck, my neck was broken in 3 places, I now have a chunk of steel that causes me problems. I use my Go most every night when I go to bed, and laying back (even propped up by pillows) I have to constantly sit up to sign in, change apps, everything, All THE TIME, . YouTube will let me drag it up AFTER it's opened and a few apps, like NetFlix and AmazonVR will let me move them AFTER a video is starting. The majority of apps, the horizon CAN NOT be changed at all. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. display update progress

currently waiting for a game to update so i can play but no indication as to how far its gotten/how long is left would be nice to see update progress for games/apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base