Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Voice control for Multimedia

Add the option to use the mic to play the multimedia and multimedia apps. That would be helpful if the controller runs out of battery for instance.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. exFAT support for USB OTG

For adding files and movie clips larger than 4GB to a connected USB thumb drive

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Oculus Medium spanish videotutorials resource

Hi there!

I'm an spanish game developer and artist. I've started making Oculus Medium videotutorials in spanish language, because I love this software and there's nothing out there in my language.

The youtube playlist address is as follows:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsRDlbEE-I&list=PLDukcIfeqps-OFu0pueptuY6tp4mgLdnN

I tell you that, because you could add it as reference material to your website, for spanish speakers :)

Thanks for your time and sorry if this topic is not of your intereset!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improved control: second Go controller with a thumbstick

From my point of view the main limitation of the Go for games isn't 3 DoF or the limited hardware, but the controller. With only a trigger, a (clickable) touchpad and a back button, games often struggle to offer a good method of control.

Even just adding a shoulder bumper or the like might help in some cases (for example in Pinball FX2), but a second Go controller with a thumb stick should do the trick in adding the right amount of interactivity, achieving most of what a game controller can do and some things it can't (such as separate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gift vouchers

Gift vouchers - I know the kids have long wishlists and need cash to buy them. Where as they could ask for vouchers at Christmas/Birthday!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dont keep every installed/uninstalled app in not installed section or make separete section for purchased and not installed.

I thought first how good the not installed section for those app purchased and deleted because the space but very disturbing to mix there with lot of just tried unusable apps or those I didnt like

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. To support more gamepads! I have Xone v1 & 2 and PS4 v2 and 2 iPega and i still cant't play Oculus Arcade

Herebound and others are waste of money for me.

I used a few tutorials but nothing, the mobile app does not detect my gamepads.

I'd like to play with PS4 v2...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blacks are milky grays when brightness is not at minimum value in all LED HMDs

Example: The sky in Dark city background of Go is washed gray when brightness is not 0.

It looks as simultaneous control of backlight + brightness, as legacy of OLED screens with no backlight.

Maybe to increase gamma could fix this common problem too.

This does not happens only in S and Go, also in Mixed reality LED and Index.

Maybe a better dynamic contrast could help too, or to change color space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Multiplayer games for all VR

I would like to play a multiplayer cross-platform game in which devices such as airplane joystick, arcade stick, touch, xbox control, car steering wheel, ect, all have a function for something specific to the game. I would like that each helmet either Oculus Go, Oculus rift, Oculus quest or compatible with steam VR can enter the game to play a character adapted to the virtual helmet itself with unique qualities of each helmet in the game. It would be nice to be in a world where all the VRs participate. Thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiplayer Oculus TV

Allow Friend invites to Oculus TV room like the Oculus Room! This is basically why I bought a Go, and convinced a couple people to buy one. The Oculus Room is nice, but it’s not enough... too expensive to watch movies, and pretty much just gives us Hulu as an option. If this were an option I know I would be able to convince more friends into getting an Oculus device.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Phone Mirroring/Notifications

I enjoy having my Oculus go loud so I can't always hear my phone. It would be nice if I was able to check notifications in the headset so I don't have to keep taking it on and off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get Go to accept common file transfers?

1. Well, one huge improvement would be if Go accepted file transfers from a Mac. Don't mention the "Android File Transfer app" its a the worst piece of C... I have ever seen and doesn't work on a modern Mac, actually it messes up the whole filesystem...
    2. If not 1. above, at least make it work with the most common devise in the world, an USB-stick!

It's a paining the... to get your own files to the Go without a Windows PC.

It's 2019 and not 1873 so common, hire some macOS programers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for using Oculus controllers on PC

This is something I would consider an optional function, but it would be helpful to be able to use the Oculus controllers directly on PC to function as a mouse or optional game controller.
    Sometimes in apps like Bigscreen and Virtual Desktop, I find that the controls don't always respond as smoothly as they should. Of course, the developers of those apps could update their controller support, but having a more direct connection sometimes have better results. Something similar to what Microsoft has with a usb dongle to connect an xbox controller to their windows based PCs.
    If such a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. having two controllers

I think that if you're able to do the two controllers thing please make it so we can play games like beat saber, job simulator and other fun games that you'd be able to play on the oculus rift.

from your biggest fan, Tyler

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Apss

Someone should create an app that uses the BT keyboards. Also it would help if Virtual Desktop could use a BT keyboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Separate the App Purchased from the Free

I would like the menu of the oculus go in the app section, you can see separately the App purchased from the Free. Since it is annoying to have to look for the app purchased in the middle of so many free.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. longer purchase pin for safety

longer purchase pin for safety

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)