Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. add oculus rift and quest apps to oculus go

it would be cool to see all oculus rift oculus rift s and oculus quest games in the oculus go store for those who dont have one atleast to try demos or to buy them if its possible someday

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Phone Mirroring/Notifications

I enjoy having my Oculus go loud so I can't always hear my phone. It would be nice if I was able to check notifications in the headset so I don't have to keep taking it on and off.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update: Full screen software support for Google Cardboard and Daydream apps

This is an add on request to something I posted previously.
    With the recent announcement about discontinued support for both cardboard and daydream support, I would like to see some consideration by developers to negotiate support for both these platforms on at least the Oculus go.
    The first reason is to continue use of at least the numerous apps available. Although they may be of lower quality in comparison, it still represents content that can be added to the vast library already in place.
    The second reason is for preservation purposes in case such apps no longer become available.
    A…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bluetooth Headphone Supppot

Would be great to be able to use bluetooth headphones with the Oculus Go, seems weird that in 2019 there is a device with audio that does not support bluetooth connectivity.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update the Oculus App casting function to include AR functionality.

As much as I like VR, I also realize AR is also something that needs to evolve as well. Given examples like the Hololens and others plus the Oculus company exploring this as well, I was curious about something. Is it possible to achieve some basic AR through the casting function?
    Imagine casting 3d objects through linking of any camera app on smartphones, where you can point the camera in a room, project objects and interact with them with an Oculus controller. Perhaps take the Oculus TV screen only(no background) and project it on a wall. Shoot floating objects from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Free trial period for every app!

Why are payed apps not free for say one week so people get a better idea if it is worth the cash?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PC applicaton

The Go concept is nice and simple. But the setup is not. The Go can already be plugged in to a PC via USB why not have a PC App available.
    The current setup method is frustrating. Now I have to mess with getting wireless and Bluetooth on phones and PCs.
    Thanks, Dale

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Tax exempt purchases for schools and other non profits throught the Oculus App store

I am a teacher of technology in a 7-12 school and I believe VR is going to be a big item in helping students learn. Right now I can not purchase any apps for our Oculus Go's that we just bought because they don't offer a tax expempt option for our school. It is a law in our state of Vermont that we as a non profit public school will not pay taxes for anything we purchase. This has put a huge damper on what we will be able to accomplish in our schools.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thir facial mask for don't pressure cheekbones & the tip of the nose

Aparently assians needs the alternativd facial mask. I have pressure at the tip of the nose with that. And i have pressure at the cheekbones with the default mask.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Oculus Venues: More Live Sports!

Enjoyed the live NBA experience last night in Venues. Would LOVE to see more marquee events such as soccer (EPL/CL/MLS/etc), American Football, Hockey, Baseball, NCAA Basketball. Can this be a thing please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Higher resolution video playback via rendering technology

There is currently existing enterprise software (visbit) that allows for much higher resolution -8K or even 10K- VR video playback on the Go by using a dynamic rendering technology. Something like that could (should?) be integrated into the core software of the mobile headsets, so that they could play VR videos with resolutions well beyond their hardware graphics limits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Oculus Go for Home Bound and those with somewhat limited teachnical skills.

Oculus Go can be ideal for those that are homebound, those with limited technical background, and those who suffer from handicaps or financial constraints that preclude them from travel or going to movies or outside recreational activities. Oculus Go is used by some seniors and those homebound, but I feel it could be used by many more if it can be modified so that a family member or caregiver can view and navigate the on line viewing screen for the disabled. If one has limited technological skills, some limitations in cognition, or even if one is paralyzed, he or she…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Remote desktop functionality to Oculus TV

With all due respect to both the Bigscreen Beta and Virtual Desktop apps which are both fine apps, there's no harm in adding more options. I think it would be a nice, functional addition to be able to access a PC within Oculus TV . Of course, it should have at least the virtual keyboard and use of the Go controller as a mouse.
    Sometimes there may be issues with connectivity and functionality with both B.S. and V.D. that might run smoother within the Oculus TV app, provided it's a more straightforward, solid link between the PC and the Go. …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Night mode

An option to turn the screen brightness and reduce the blues/color temperature at night. This feature has become ubiquitous on phones, tablets, and computers now. Lots of people use the GO at night and this would be useful for preventing sleep disruption.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The platform needs at least 1 racing game...

Seriously, no one kind of semi simulator?
    There is no Forza/Gran turismo/Project cars like.

Should have 1 Oculus AA game for Go/Quest/Rift with different graphics settings (and high quality physics on PC)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update the Search function for all versions of the Oculus store

This may not be an issue for the Quest library yet but I would like to see this for the Go library. Although there are some useable filters and categories in place, the filters that appear in the "Browse All" section to me is the most comprehensive and useful. I would like to see that as the default filter engine for all categories. Whether it's new releases, top selling, etc., because sometimes its helpful to further isolate just the game types a user might be looking for, especially the free apps from the pay ones. Maybe someone would like to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improved control: second Go controller with a thumbstick

From my point of view the main limitation of the Go for games isn't 3 DoF or the limited hardware, but the controller. With only a trigger, a (clickable) touchpad and a back button, games often struggle to offer a good method of control.

Even just adding a shoulder bumper or the like might help in some cases (for example in Pinball FX2), but a second Go controller with a thumb stick should do the trick in adding the right amount of interactivity, achieving most of what a game controller can do and some things it can't (such as separate…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. FXAA+Fine sharpen postprocess filter

Testing PC ReShade that combo works nicely with extremely low performance cost. MSAA x4 cost is x3 or more.

Would be a good option for decrease hot in summer preventing overheat issues. Also could give more SSAA.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add microphone to screen recordings

When I record videos the audio from the app is fine but I cand hear myself talk

YouTube creators like myself would love to be able to just start a recording a d hear ourselves on the mic

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 60 FPS with anti chromatic aberration filter

Low power mode disables the filter and falls to 60 Hz but i hate the chromatic aberration.

I would use that mode as default for prevent overheat issues, more important in summer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base