Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Provide phone support for your equipment.

Don't be lazy people. Create a phone support system. Or at a minimum, a live chat service.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User profiles and Manual updates

I'd like to see an option to create user profiles so that each person who uses the headset can have their own customized experience.

I'd also like to see an option to manually update the system software instead of having to wait for the system to do it on its own.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slim version

ultra slim & ultra light version:

Freeform Limbak lenses with super resolution:

https://i.postimg.cc/bJSKKbDD/Screenshot-2019-07-26-20-03-57-302-com-android-chrome.png

Super resolution in DK2 comparison:

https://i.postimg.cc/NfjxFtDb/Screenshot-2019-07-26-19-15-19-256-com-android-chrome.png

7 nm revision for no heatsink, simply holes for hot air flow.

7 nm also for better battery, then lighter battery

Same $ price after 2 years but 199€ in Europe, under 200 psycologic barrier, not 219.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stereo 3D true depth Oculus Go Home

Current Go home environment is monoscopic? No Stereo depth perception on anything but the UI?it feel like a tiny person suspended in mid air. It’s impossible to relax in it because there is no scale. I love SKYBOX VR PLAYERS 3D home environment in mountains is really nice because it feels like a space. The Oculus Go environment just feels wrong because of the lack of scale. Please make provision for one true 3D home space.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Price adapted to the economy of each Country.

Price adapted to the economy of each Country.
    In Argentina South America it is very expensive to buy games in the Oculus store to the point that it is impossible to pay more if it is Oculus rift or Rift S. Everyone buys in Steam since the prices are cheaper, a game that comes out $ 1200 in argentina in Steam leaves $ 230 pesos. This is the case in many countries that, although they do not have official support, are left out in the store. In my country there is a very large community we have a group on…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. You can trade in your go for a quest at stores

Not long after the release of the oculus go came out the quest came and I think that many go players were disappointed with the how the go is a worse version of a quest and we could trade in a go for a quest

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to disable the red dot while casting

When the Casting feature is used the user sees a red dot in the top right corner, it would be great if that could be turned off (great for new users to stop them from casting unknowingly but annoying/distracting if you just want to show the device off to family

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Overhaul positional systems for comfort whilst watching media laying on my back

I watch a lot of media whilst lying in bed on my back, facing the ceiling. When I exit some of these apps (such as YouTube VR), despite having centred the Go to face the ceiling, the menu bar/option to 'quit' or 'resume' the app is out of view down at my feet, causing me to need to sit up and bend in a painful way.

I'd like the Go to remember that when I centre my view on a point on the ceiling, everything else should appear around that point. It would also be nice, similarly, to be able…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Next gen oculus go

I was saddened to read that Oculus has no plan for a next gen Go. I already twitted at Jason Rubin about this, but figured it'd be a good idea to post here too.

I think that there's a place for an entry level headset, and that the Oculus Go serves this space nicely. However, there's no real upgrade path except to the Quest. If I like my Go and something happens to it, or I just want to move to a next gen, kind of like I'd do with some other devices.

(By the way, I own a Quest,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Avilable Storage space should be Displayed at Toolbar not buried deep in submenus.

Available storage space should not be buried deep within the menu instead it should be available directly as part of other options on toolbar, i could locate it in all options of android but that is fairly deep.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expandable Memory for Oculus GO

Expandable Memory: The Oculus GO 35gb only has approx 20gb of space to store apps. Was not impressed with the false advertising! !! Make the memory expandable to external devices eg USB or SD card. I have to keep deleting apps to load more on... I'm fairly sure you can a build a headset with an expansion slot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix Gallery photo smearing

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Full Google Playstore app support/emulation.

Now this may be a wild request to post, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd like to see the Oculus company propose a deal with Google to bring full Googke Playstore appstore support to all their VR headsets, especially the Go. That would include their VR apps. Now one might think "bring Cardboard or Daydream apps to Oculus? Why?" Well before anyone dismisses the idea, think of the added content that would be available. Every platform aforementioned will always have some worthy content that consumers like that is limited in its availability. After all, its content that continues to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full Gear VR Support/ Emulation/ Store Access for Oculus Go

After viewing the OC6 keynotes and Mr. Carnack's "eulogy" of Gear VR, I'm sure a lot of Go owners question the future of the Oculus Go. Although I'm all for the future plans of the Quest, I like others still see potential in the Go and don't see it as just a media device only.
    Anyway, one radical idea I think is to create some sort of Gear Vr emulation for the Go can access all the remaining Gear Vr apps that dont work natively on the Go. Sure, most apps work already, but we know not all of them,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why isn't the home interface controllable with a bluetooth gamepad?!?

When connecting a Bluetooth controller you still need to keep the oculus pointer at hand reach to navigate menus, reset the position and more!! It breaks the immersion and is just uncomfortable!! Please fix it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add microphone input support in UE4 (Blueprints) via Oculus SDK

Currently there is no way to get audio input from the mic on Oculus Go and Quest when building app using Unreal Engine 4. Please add microphone input support in UE4 (100% usable in Blueprints) via Oculus SDK because Epic isn't going to do that any time soon.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Power Off Software Switch/Icon on Tool-bar

While in VR it breaks immersion for need to fumble on top of unit then press switch for few seconds to bring that Turnoff option menu, why can't shut down button/icon be permanently allocated on TOOLBAR just like same thing exist in Windows ... A software switch to Shut down windows. Same should be done for Oculus Go.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Release Notes

Post release with the latest oculus updates. Along with the listing the version being installed a nice brief list of updates/fixes would be nice instead of guessing what's new.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base