Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. PC applicaton

The Go concept is nice and simple. But the setup is not. The Go can already be plugged in to a PC via USB why not have a PC App available.
    The current setup method is frustrating. Now I have to mess with getting wireless and Bluetooth on phones and PCs.
    Thanks, Dale

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Global repositioning/resizing of 2D apps & more 'Oculus TV' features

It's painfully obvious that the Go's primary selling point is its media playback capabilities. I can't be the only one who uses it as a virtual TV screen for private viewings of apps like YouTube, Netflix and Hulu whilst in bed. I think it would be a real boon to this if the Go OS had global features for repositioning/resizing the screen, as the YouTube VR app has.

It would be great to be able to quickly grab the screen of whatever media is being played and move/resize/rotate it, or even lock it to your gaze direction. It would also…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Oculus Go Tutorial Environment Available In The Environments Menu

My Go’s environment recently turned into the one from the tutorial due to what I believe was a bug, but I’ve found that it’s now my favourite environment. I don’t see it in the environments menu though and worry that this will be patched out eventually. Please add this environment to the environments list, I find that the ones currently available have a bit too much going on for me but this one feels perfect.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix Gallery photo smearing

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Release Notes

Post release with the latest oculus updates. Along with the listing the version being installed a nice brief list of updates/fixes would be nice instead of guessing what's new.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add microphone input support in UE4 (Blueprints) via Oculus SDK

Currently there is no way to get audio input from the mic on Oculus Go and Quest when building app using Unreal Engine 4. Please add microphone input support in UE4 (100% usable in Blueprints) via Oculus SDK because Epic isn't going to do that any time soon.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Night mode

An option to turn the screen brightness and reduce the blues/color temperature at night. This feature has become ubiquitous on phones, tablets, and computers now. Lots of people use the GO at night and this would be useful for preventing sleep disruption.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update the Oculus App casting function to include AR functionality.

As much as I like VR, I also realize AR is also something that needs to evolve as well. Given examples like the Hololens and others plus the Oculus company exploring this as well, I was curious about something. Is it possible to achieve some basic AR through the casting function?
    Imagine casting 3d objects through linking of any camera app on smartphones, where you can point the camera in a room, project objects and interact with them with an Oculus controller. Perhaps take the Oculus TV screen only(no background) and project it on a wall. Shoot floating objects from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bionic vr

This is an vr idea and I didn't know where to submit it
    Would it be possible to combine tech from bionic limbs to be able to control the character in a game ( eg. Move a limb in real life = move a limb in the game)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Oculus Venues: More Live Sports!

Enjoyed the live NBA experience last night in Venues. Would LOVE to see more marquee events such as soccer (EPL/CL/MLS/etc), American Football, Hockey, Baseball, NCAA Basketball. Can this be a thing please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Remote desktop functionality to Oculus TV

With all due respect to both the Bigscreen Beta and Virtual Desktop apps which are both fine apps, there's no harm in adding more options. I think it would be a nice, functional addition to be able to access a PC within Oculus TV . Of course, it should have at least the virtual keyboard and use of the Go controller as a mouse.
    Sometimes there may be issues with connectivity and functionality with both B.S. and V.D. that might run smoother within the Oculus TV app, provided it's a more straightforward, solid link between the PC and the Go. …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Oculus Guest House for all VR

To be able to visit the unique house with unique functions of each VR but that Oculus Quest, Oculus rift, Oculus go the houses all are compatible for vicitarce. Of course the Oculus go house would be more bacica. And it would be nice to have a home for the products in compatible Steam VR. And that a Salon with games for all VR can enter, play and interact.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FXAA+Fine sharpen postprocess filter

Testing PC ReShade that combo works nicely with extremely low performance cost. MSAA x4 cost is x3 or more.

Would be a good option for decrease hot in summer preventing overheat issues. Also could give more SSAA.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice control for Multimedia

Add the option to use the mic to play the multimedia and multimedia apps. That would be helpful if the controller runs out of battery for instance.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 60 FPS with anti chromatic aberration filter

Low power mode disables the filter and falls to 60 Hz but i hate the chromatic aberration.

I would use that mode as default for prevent overheat issues, more important in summer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stable record of video inside headset and transfer to PC

The transfer of recorded video to PC is very unstable. All recordings that doesn´t get a timestamp after recording can not be viewed on a PC after transfer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spreading vr use

This idea will revolutionize the real world and multi media, just by simply getting any/all your vr devices compatible with camera devices, where professionals do not need to focus their eye vision to the camera scope or led screen of their camera. Imagize just putting on your device and calibrating the camera to the best effect everything would be easier and on a different perspective. Thats all... ey give me some credit if you can make this happen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding more background environments to oculus tv and menu for the oculus go..

I generally like having the different background choices for the menu and certain apps. I just find it odd that you can't change the background or adjust the screen size for the interface in the Oculus TV section on Oculus go. I would like to see that function as well as additional background environments in the menu screens. Maybe even the ability to add user background environments as well if producers are willing to do it. Experiment with some animated ones as well. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)