Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Occulus Rooms Update

Oculus Rooms Update

Part of the whole VR experience for me has been the social aspect. I have a close friend in another state who I purchased an Oculus GO just so we can hang out in VR and play movies and games. She loves it, but the Oculus Rooms app, our favorite place to meet up and talk, seems just a tad bit underdone. We absolutely love it as our meeting place, but playing your own videos is not possible. Only Videos saved from the Facebook app. Even then, sometimes not. You cannot play music and show pictures at…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable the red dot while casting

When the Casting feature is used the user sees a red dot in the top right corner, it would be great if that could be turned off (great for new users to stop them from casting unknowingly but annoying/distracting if you just want to show the device off to family

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get rid of the need for gacebook

I know your owned by facebook but I think it's unfair to make users get a facebook account in order to fully use the device.
    I am currently debating sending it back for a full refund as it's not what I purchased and there is no information on the box saying it needs facebook.
    It wasnt necessary when I first purchased it.
    I think it's wrong to mislead customers then try to force them to get a social media account they dont want.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New oculus Go update made home screen smaller and too close to the eyes which really hurts

Recently, my oculus go got updated to latest version and the home screen got smaller and moved too close to the eyes which really hurts when using. Please fix this issue or let the user choose the screen distance of the home menu. Please and thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need tabs/folders to organize our library.

I want to be able to separate my games from my other apps and media players.

Also a way to hide uninstalled apps.

Also a file explorer that I can use without hooking up my headset to a PC. I can download stuff using the vr web browser but there is no way for me to move the downloaded file to other folders.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Higher resolution video playback via rendering technology

There is currently existing enterprise software (visbit) that allows for much higher resolution -8K or even 10K- VR video playback on the Go by using a dynamic rendering technology. Something like that could (should?) be integrated into the core software of the mobile headsets, so that they could play VR videos with resolutions well beyond their hardware graphics limits.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove authorization in helmet for sending files from PC to helmet internal storage

Everything is in the title. This is really boring to be forced to put the helmet on to authorize file transfer from PC to helmet internal storage.
    The authorization should have a checkbox saying "Don't ask me that in the future".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. YOU MUST HAVE MULTIPLE PROFILES FOR FAMILIES!!! I REGRET BUYING THIS. Waiting for an update before I’ll recommend to anyone.

YOU MUST HAVE MULTIPLE PROFILES FOR FAMILIES!!! I REGRET BUYING THIS. Waiting for an update before I’ll recommend to anyone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change Oculus go home screen layout to the previous version. New update stinks.

The new layout update for the Oculus go home screen/controls was unnecessary and unneeded. These changes were not beneficial. Sometimes the environment looks distorted and blurry now, the display screens and browser window were made smaller but closer. It feels like its more pressed up to your face then before which feels more uncomfortable. The full screen function on the browser no longer reduces the brightness of the background environment which was a nice feature on the previous version.. If there is a way to roll back to the previous layout of Oculus GO home layout I would like to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Overhaul positional systems for comfort whilst watching media laying on my back

I watch a lot of media whilst lying in bed on my back, facing the ceiling. When I exit some of these apps (such as YouTube VR), despite having centred the Go to face the ceiling, the menu bar/option to 'quit' or 'resume' the app is out of view down at my feet, causing me to need to sit up and bend in a painful way.

I'd like the Go to remember that when I centre my view on a point on the ceiling, everything else should appear around that point. It would also be nice, similarly, to be able…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User profiles and Manual updates

I'd like to see an option to create user profiles so that each person who uses the headset can have their own customized experience.

I'd also like to see an option to manually update the system software instead of having to wait for the system to do it on its own.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. floating horizon

Due to a car wreck, my neck was broken in 3 places, I now have a chunk of steel that causes me problems. I use my Go most every night when I go to bed, and laying back (even propped up by pillows) I have to constantly sit up to sign in, change apps, everything, All THE TIME, . YouTube will let me drag it up AFTER it's opened and a few apps, like NetFlix and AmazonVR will let me move them AFTER a video is starting. The majority of apps, the horizon CAN NOT be changed at all. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Phone Mirroring/Notifications

I enjoy having my Oculus go loud so I can't always hear my phone. It would be nice if I was able to check notifications in the headset so I don't have to keep taking it on and off.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full Gear VR Support/ Emulation/ Store Access for Oculus Go

After viewing the OC6 keynotes and Mr. Carnack's "eulogy" of Gear VR, I'm sure a lot of Go owners question the future of the Oculus Go. Although I'm all for the future plans of the Quest, I like others still see potential in the Go and don't see it as just a media device only.
    Anyway, one radical idea I think is to create some sort of Gear Vr emulation for the Go can access all the remaining Gear Vr apps that dont work natively on the Go. Sure, most apps work already, but we know not all of them,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add automatic night mode and general improvements to it

Basically supporting automatic night mode to avoid excess of blue light but only at night. Also add the option to configure how warm the screen should be.
    The current option is only manual and with a fixed color temperature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Facebook Messenger Support

Add Facebook Messenger support to the Oculus Go chat system, it would be amazing to be able to access my facebook account's messages while in the headset without using the browser, and it looks like you guys are already going for Facebook Integration as it is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow more than one account on the VR

Allow more than one account to be used on the VR as myself and my partner woukd like to use it on different electronic devices To z7w

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Avilable Storage space should be Displayed at Toolbar not buried deep in submenus.

Available storage space should not be buried deep within the menu instead it should be available directly as part of other options on toolbar, i could locate it in all options of android but that is fairly deep.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Power Off Software Switch/Icon on Tool-bar

While in VR it breaks immersion for need to fumble on top of unit then press switch for few seconds to bring that Turnoff option menu, why can't shut down button/icon be permanently allocated on TOOLBAR just like same thing exist in Windows ... A software switch to Shut down windows. Same should be done for Oculus Go.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PC applicaton

The Go concept is nice and simple. But the setup is not. The Go can already be plugged in to a PC via USB why not have a PC App available.
    The current setup method is frustrating. Now I have to mess with getting wireless and Bluetooth on phones and PCs.
    Thanks, Dale

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base