Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. PLEASE bring back the “NEVER” option in the Auto-Sleep settings.

One of my most common uses of the Go is as a video streamer. Apps like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube all feature content that run well past the 15 minute mark. Most of the time I watch these type streams, I’m reclined and typically still. It is EXTREMELY annoying when the auto-sleep feature kicks in and powers down the device. The NEVER option worked beautifully in preventing this issue but, for some unknown reason it has been rolled back. Please re-enable this feature...it was super useful!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Software IPD Adjustment

Made for Rift S. Port to Go. PSVR has it from 2016.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide the new floating menu bar under full screen videos

A recent update to the Oculus browser added a floating menu bar under fullscreen videos (Youtube, etc) which won't go away no matter what you do (Oculus tech support confirms this). It's wildly distracting from the video/movie. Give us a way to turn it off, or at least have it fade out when the controller isn't pointed at the screen.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Play external media natively via USB OTG flash storage.

It’s absurd that this feature hasn’t already come to the platform. The Xiaomi version already supports it natively, but on the GO, it can only be done through a bunch of work arounds. I’m sure no one bought their GO, hoping to “make” it work. More likely than not, they expect (like me) that the products they buy will work the way they’ve been told.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sad to see Oculus Rooms and Monopoly go

I just heard that you were deleting Oculus rooms as of Oct 25. This saddens me. I will miss my room and my solitude in my room and I will also miss playing Monopoly deal. Hopefully the new horizons product will support rooms that you can be by yourself in, and let me play Monopoly deal again. I am sad, but I understand why you’re doing it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More selectable environments in Oculus Tv

Why is there only one environment in the Oculus TV section? In the home and navigation screens, there are a few environment choices, although there should be more. But you only have the one scene in a cutout platform surrounded by trees and mountains. I would like to see more options for that. Why not a TV room or movie theater or some other optional living room setups?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need a system wide Travel Mode / Orientation option

The same way Netflix will auto adjust orientation in a moving car, we need a system wide Travel Mode. I frequently use my Go on the plane and only the Netflix app lets me comfortably watch media the entire flight.

It is also frustrating that almost every app has its own button mapping for reorientation. (Hulu ignores the Oculus Button 'long hold' that would allow you to reorient the content vertically, instead requiring a clumsy trigger pull gesture)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Occulus Rooms Update

Oculus Rooms Update

Part of the whole VR experience for me has been the social aspect. I have a close friend in another state who I purchased an Oculus GO just so we can hang out in VR and play movies and games. She loves it, but the Oculus Rooms app, our favorite place to meet up and talk, seems just a tad bit underdone. We absolutely love it as our meeting place, but playing your own videos is not possible. Only Videos saved from the Facebook app. Even then, sometimes not. You cannot play music and show pictures at…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Oculus Go Kiosk Mode

Ability to run 1 app from start. Option to disable controller calibration.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Backup/Restore System for Apps and Settings

After receiving a forced update my OGO was rendered useless, requiring a full system restore. Once restored, I was forced to reinstall all of my apps and all of my progress, files, etc. was gone. There is no backup/restore system in place for OGO and it's beyond absurd. Let's get this going ASAP.

OGO Post-Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgoCizaER4

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We need tabs/folders to organize our library.

I want to be able to separate my games from my other apps and media players.

Also a way to hide uninstalled apps.

Also a file explorer that I can use without hooking up my headset to a PC. I can download stuff using the vr web browser but there is no way for me to move the downloaded file to other folders.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User profiles and Manual updates

I'd like to see an option to create user profiles so that each person who uses the headset can have their own customized experience.

I'd also like to see an option to manually update the system software instead of having to wait for the system to do it on its own.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to disable the red dot while casting

When the Casting feature is used the user sees a red dot in the top right corner, it would be great if that could be turned off (great for new users to stop them from casting unknowingly but annoying/distracting if you just want to show the device off to family

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Overhaul positional systems for comfort whilst watching media laying on my back

I watch a lot of media whilst lying in bed on my back, facing the ceiling. When I exit some of these apps (such as YouTube VR), despite having centred the Go to face the ceiling, the menu bar/option to 'quit' or 'resume' the app is out of view down at my feet, causing me to need to sit up and bend in a painful way.

I'd like the Go to remember that when I centre my view on a point on the ceiling, everything else should appear around that point. It would also be nice, similarly, to be able…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Avilable Storage space should be Displayed at Toolbar not buried deep in submenus.

Available storage space should not be buried deep within the menu instead it should be available directly as part of other options on toolbar, i could locate it in all options of android but that is fairly deep.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix Gallery photo smearing

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Full Gear VR Support/ Emulation/ Store Access for Oculus Go

After viewing the OC6 keynotes and Mr. Carnack's "eulogy" of Gear VR, I'm sure a lot of Go owners question the future of the Oculus Go. Although I'm all for the future plans of the Quest, I like others still see potential in the Go and don't see it as just a media device only.
    Anyway, one radical idea I think is to create some sort of Gear Vr emulation for the Go can access all the remaining Gear Vr apps that dont work natively on the Go. Sure, most apps work already, but we know not all of them,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add microphone input support in UE4 (Blueprints) via Oculus SDK

Currently there is no way to get audio input from the mic on Oculus Go and Quest when building app using Unreal Engine 4. Please add microphone input support in UE4 (100% usable in Blueprints) via Oculus SDK because Epic isn't going to do that any time soon.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Power Off Software Switch/Icon on Tool-bar

While in VR it breaks immersion for need to fumble on top of unit then press switch for few seconds to bring that Turnoff option menu, why can't shut down button/icon be permanently allocated on TOOLBAR just like same thing exist in Windows ... A software switch to Shut down windows. Same should be done for Oculus Go.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Release Notes

Post release with the latest oculus updates. Along with the listing the version being installed a nice brief list of updates/fixes would be nice instead of guessing what's new.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base