Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Improve Oculus Go for Home Bound and those with somewhat limited teachnical skills.

Oculus Go can be ideal for those that are homebound, those with limited technical background, and those who suffer from handicaps or financial constraints that preclude them from travel or going to movies or outside recreational activities. Oculus Go is used by some seniors and those homebound, but I feel it could be used by many more if it can be modified so that a family member or caregiver can view and navigate the on line viewing screen for the disabled. If one has limited technological skills, some limitations in cognition, or even if one is paralyzed, he or she…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add automatic night mode and general improvements to it

Basically supporting automatic night mode to avoid excess of blue light but only at night. Also add the option to configure how warm the screen should be.
    The current option is only manual and with a fixed color temperature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PC applicaton

The Go concept is nice and simple. But the setup is not. The Go can already be plugged in to a PC via USB why not have a PC App available.
    The current setup method is frustrating. Now I have to mess with getting wireless and Bluetooth on phones and PCs.
    Thanks, Dale

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Full Gear VR Support/ Emulation/ Store Access for Oculus Go

After viewing the OC6 keynotes and Mr. Carnack's "eulogy" of Gear VR, I'm sure a lot of Go owners question the future of the Oculus Go. Although I'm all for the future plans of the Quest, I like others still see potential in the Go and don't see it as just a media device only.
    Anyway, one radical idea I think is to create some sort of Gear Vr emulation for the Go can access all the remaining Gear Vr apps that dont work natively on the Go. Sure, most apps work already, but we know not all of them,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why isn't the home interface controllable with a bluetooth gamepad?!?

When connecting a Bluetooth controller you still need to keep the oculus pointer at hand reach to navigate menus, reset the position and more!! It breaks the immersion and is just uncomfortable!! Please fix it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Time usage / Statistics

Détails all usage. Statistics : total time in game / by game...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please don't hide prices and sales for already purchased titles

When I buy a game and like it, I want to recommend it to people. If I know that the game is on sale, I might post about it to Reddit, or otherwise tell people it's a good opportunity to buy it.

Unfortunately, once I buy a game I no longer see its price or see it in the sale list, which means that Oculus is killing any potential word of mouth advertising.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Job simulator on oculus go

The game job simulator is a very good game and me and many others would be thrilled to see it on the store on oculus go the game would be compatible to the way you play on oculus go

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Language filter for matchmaking and social apps

I don't use Venues because the content is in english and people speaks english.

In Big screen, Alt spaces... All is in english

We should have a filter for search our native language speakers

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support Oculus Go in More Countries

Oculus is missing a super huge market by ignoring INDIA, we have one of the fairly fast growing economy in world, super expensive smart phones like Galaxy S10 and Iphone X being sold like hot cake, Oculus Go and Quest are not expensive devices for their value for money. Oculus Must properly introduce VR Red-pill to india, I am more than happy to help as some what happy customer (some what since my rift does not have warranty or RMA support in my country while purchased from USA).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get Go to accept common file transfers?

1. Well, one huge improvement would be if Go accepted file transfers from a Mac. Don't mention the "Android File Transfer app" its a the worst piece of C... I have ever seen and doesn't work on a modern Mac, actually it messes up the whole filesystem...

2. If not 1. above, at least make it work with the most common devise in the world, an USB-stick!

It's a paining the... to get your own files to the Go without a Windows PC.

It's 2019 and not 1873 so common, hire some macOS programers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. restricited access for student/school use

I'm excited to use VR as a teaching tool in our school, however I'm concerned students will be surfing and selecting items that are not educational. Is there a way to restrict access to horror, violent, mature, and gaming related options? If not, I fear we may not be able to use it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Picture in Picture added to Casting

Add a picture in picture option for screen casting so that you don’t have to take Oculus on & off to see phone or tablet and can work on both devices simultaneously.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quick mute or default mute

So it's late, my family is asleep, I have the volume on my Go set to 0. Then I go to apps like Bigscreen...and BOOM people talking at Max volume. I can lower each person individually, but by that time four new people join and my kids are all awake now. NO MUTE? SO VOLUME 0 MEANS NOTHING??

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In app subtitles!

in every app specification it's not specified if it have subtitles for speechs, only in English too, would be very useful!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better tablet app support

The Oculus mobile app is not optimized for tablet sized screens like many apps are. When in the app you will see black bars around the interface and the app does not allow landscape mode.

I personally would like to see this fixed given that some users prefer tablets over phones when it comes to browsing the store or setting up a device.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. dried uncomfortable eye balls

When i use the OG for long periods watching media,i find my eyes become very dry .In these moments i need the ability to ajust the distance and size of the screen.I can watch for endless hours using the rift by controlling size and distance. These option are already possible with 3rd party apps like big screen beta ,vr web browser and vr desktop. Unfortunately they do not have the
    ability to play media files. The main reason for using the go is media consumption. thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A file explorer with password on folder, and ability to hide folders.

A file explorer with password on folder, and ability to hide folders.

There is nowhere to see the status on the update of the headset. Make it possible.

I want to record video inside the headset including audio.

Add the possibility of wireless transfer of files from headset to PC, and vice versa?

MAke it possible to trade in the Oculus Go , in exchange for an Oculus Quest for a lower price.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base