Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Lite version of Whatsapp

A lite version of Whatsapp on the menu, so we can check messages received and be able to send voice messages using go mic without having to remove the headset to check the mobile. Since this a mobile device, shouldn't be a problem and also it should encourage the social interaction. That supposed to be FB goal anyway.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Awarding points or hearts for using the device

I would be great if you improve the oculus environment as in some 3D chats like There ( there.com) by awarding points or hearts to players and then using the points to give free stuff. That would also helps to buy games. A system like this:

1. Points / hearts for time using the device.
    2. Points / hearts for number of apps downloaded.
    3. Points / hearts for using specific apps like Oculus rooms, etc
    4. Points / hearts for buying games over $5.99, etc.

Free stuff to redeem points:

1. Customizations for the avatars.
    2. Customizations for the oculus rooms.
    3. Games (Totally free or…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better tablet app support

The Oculus mobile app is not optimized for tablet sized screens like many apps are. When in the app you will see black bars around the interface and the app does not allow landscape mode.

I personally would like to see this fixed given that some users prefer tablets over phones when it comes to browsing the store or setting up a device.

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being able to remove previous headsets from account without factory reset.

I had a defective Oculus Go that I got set up but couldn't remove/factory reset from my account. Now it's always there and it forces me to choose my new headset from a list everytime I need to do anything. There needs to be a secondary option to remove a headset for any reason. There is literally no reason why this doesn't exist.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include downloaded content in storage manager app size values

Storage manager only shows the app size, it doesn't include downloaded content. Cirque Du Soleil shows up as ~50mb even though I've downloaded over 5GB of content. This makes it annoying to find what is using up your storage when it's full. I have to manually hunt through every app to find downloaded content to clear out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Offer a repair service

Offer a repair service for your products. I bought a second hand oculus go as my family are on low budget, we had the device for 2 weeks and the battery fried, I wanted to send it back and pay for the service getting a new battery fitted but the company does not offer this. Considering there will be many families in my situation the company should offer some sort of repair services for families that are less fortunate to buy the products brand new. I am so upset about it as it was bought for my sons 7th birthday…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PLEASE REMOVE THE FACEBOOK REQUIREMENT

A lot of peoples reviews are about this and I don't blame them! I really want to purchase the Oculus Quest 2 but now that I know you HAVE to have a facebook doesn't really make sense. I'm so glad I haven't purchased it yet and I actually took time to look at these reviews. Not everybody wants a facebook account, and also people have been complaining about how facebook asks for too much of your information and leaks your data, most definitely not, even if it's not true I would hate to risk it. Anyways thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More customizable accessibility features for those with handicaps.

Hi there

I have physical disability where I have very little use of my hands and fingers. I have found that if I unpair the controller the pointer is replaced by a dot which follows my gaze. I can point the dot with my head at a video to open but there is no way to click it without the controller.
    It would be great if there was a way to

disable the pointer on the controller so that I can use my gaze to point at something and just use the clicker to select and play a video

or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add vudu

Add vudu to the list i got movies on there that id like to watch

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. REVIVE ROOMS!

i got go for Christmas and was exited to see rooms after hearing of it but all that happened was basically a neon flashing sign saying "hey you didn't get this experience but hey, buy another headset twice as expensive and get a future release that's probabally worse!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. YOU MUST HAVE MULTIPLE PROFILES FOR FAMILIES!!! I REGRET BUYING THIS. Waiting for an update before I’ll recommend to anyone.

YOU MUST HAVE MULTIPLE PROFILES FOR FAMILIES!!! I REGRET BUYING THIS. Waiting for an update before I’ll recommend to anyone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New oculus Go update made home screen smaller and too close to the eyes which really hurts

Recently, my oculus go got updated to latest version and the home screen got smaller and moved too close to the eyes which really hurts when using. Please fix this issue or let the user choose the screen distance of the home menu. Please and thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow more than one account on the VR

Allow more than one account to be used on the VR as myself and my partner woukd like to use it on different electronic devices To z7w

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Higher resolution video playback via rendering technology

There is currently existing enterprise software (visbit) that allows for much higher resolution -8K or even 10K- VR video playback on the Go by using a dynamic rendering technology. Something like that could (should?) be integrated into the core software of the mobile headsets, so that they could play VR videos with resolutions well beyond their hardware graphics limits.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve Oculus Go for Home Bound and those with somewhat limited teachnical skills.

Oculus Go can be ideal for those that are homebound, those with limited technical background, and those who suffer from handicaps or financial constraints that preclude them from travel or going to movies or outside recreational activities. Oculus Go is used by some seniors and those homebound, but I feel it could be used by many more if it can be modified so that a family member or caregiver can view and navigate the on line viewing screen for the disabled. If one has limited technological skills, some limitations in cognition, or even if one is paralyzed, he or she…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. plex in oculus tv

Can we get an official plex viewer in oculus tv?

Plex VR has bad jaggies in the video picture itself, and plex content in the menu is fuzzy and hard to read. Plus the controller click bringing up the warning each time is annoying and worthless.

I sideloaded kodi into my oculus tv just so i could install the plex plugin and view smooth, anti-aliased video with subtitles in an easily watchable environment. The picture looks amazing, but its a pain having to go through so many steps getting into it and back out of it if I want to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add automatic night mode and general improvements to it

Basically supporting automatic night mode to avoid excess of blue light but only at night. Also add the option to configure how warm the screen should be.
    The current option is only manual and with a fixed color temperature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3D camera

You know what I would like? A simple 3D camera that can share pictues so they can be viewed from the Oculus Go or Quest. You have a great platform that is affordable for viewing 3D pictures, but nothing to generate them. There are a few high-end cameras, but they are for professionals, there needs to be something that takes simple stereoscopic side-by-side pictures that is comparable with modern digital cameras. It's a market that is basically empty and begging to be filled. I'm currently trying to make my own with a Raspberry Pi, but I would gladly ditch it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PC applicaton

The Go concept is nice and simple. But the setup is not. The Go can already be plugged in to a PC via USB why not have a PC App available.
    The current setup method is frustrating. Now I have to mess with getting wireless and Bluetooth on phones and PCs.
    Thanks, Dale

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base