Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Gallery

Oculus Gallery doesn't allow for accurate viewing of 3d photographs less than 180 degrees field of view. The closet thing we can do is use the 3d180 option which stretches the stereo image across a half sphere, distorting it.

This suggestion is to add an additional image view more that allowed you to look at a 3d image in parallel or straight on, such as into a presinium box. The effect would allow someone to vote a traditional rectangular photograph in stereo 3d without distorting to a sphere.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View 3D models

Oculus app to import and view/walk-through 3D models (obj, skp, day, etc) as we can for 360 degree photos. Existing apps are very expensive since they are business oriented and have many more features than needed by the average hobbyist. Perhaps Oculus could partner with a company like SentioVR to bring this time of functionality to regular users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support HBO or at least the Hulu HBO Add-in

I would love to see an HBO Go app or even if you could support the Hulu HBO Add-In so I could watch Game of Thrones on the Oculus Go. Currently I have a Hulu subscription with the HBO Add-in but the Oculus does not support or allow me to watch/stream any of the HBO content.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep Facebook off of it. I don’t need them collecting my data and possibly leaking my information.

You are putting your entire company at risk of failure by forcing your users into using a Facebook account. I’m absolutely disgusted by it and I will by putting fire crackers into my headset to blow it up because it’s a paperweight now. Not only is Facebooks privacy practices extremely volatile, Facebook promotes hate and racism. And I will take no part in that. Especially because of the privacy concerns. Thank you very much. And I encourage you to take back your company before some big profit hungry corporation sucks everything they have out of your team and starts slowly…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. i had an idea for an invention of a 360 degree treadmill that requires no electricity and can fit under a bed

i had an idea for an invention of a 360 degree treadmill that requires no electricity and can fit under a bed. have yo uever heard of track balls, if you get a bowl like shape that isn't as curved like a bowl but more like a satellite dish and you align the inside of the bowl thing. you could walk on it in any direction and the slope of the bowl added with the movement of the track balls would make your feet slide back into the same place every time. now that you got the directional problem solved…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OcuClass

Sent this to support and they told me to post on here so her goes....

I had an idea for these strange times and figured you have the resources to pull this off:

OcuClass:
    Develop Bare Bones VR set for education just enough power to run a classroom setting
    Software for Class room that has place for a Digital Chalk board
    Provide VR sets an minimal costs
    Provide Servers to be installed at Schools all high password security protection
    Schools would have to purchase and place

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Get rid of the need for gacebook

I know your owned by facebook but I think it's unfair to make users get a facebook account in order to fully use the device.
    I am currently debating sending it back for a full refund as it's not what I purchased and there is no information on the box saying it needs facebook.
    It wasnt necessary when I first purchased it.
    I think it's wrong to mislead customers then try to force them to get a social media account they dont want.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Minecraft vr

I want Minecraft vr for oculus go as thousands I've been showcasing this too asked does it have Minecraft vr I unfortunately had to say no otherwise they would of bought the product your loosing huge sales by not doing this

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Full Gear VR Support/ Emulation/ Store Access for Oculus Go

After viewing the OC6 keynotes and Mr. Carnack's "eulogy" of Gear VR, I'm sure a lot of Go owners question the future of the Oculus Go. Although I'm all for the future plans of the Quest, I like others still see potential in the Go and don't see it as just a media device only.
    Anyway, one radical idea I think is to create some sort of Gear Vr emulation for the Go can access all the remaining Gear Vr apps that dont work natively on the Go. Sure, most apps work already, but we know not all of them,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Oculus Go Tutorial Environment Available In The Environments Menu

My Go’s environment recently turned into the one from the tutorial due to what I believe was a bug, but I’ve found that it’s now my favourite environment. I don’t see it in the environments menu though and worry that this will be patched out eventually. Please add this environment to the environments list, I find that the ones currently available have a bit too much going on for me but this one feels perfect.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To support more gamepads! I have Xone v1 & 2 and PS4 v2 and 2 iPega and i still cant't play Oculus Arcade

Herebound and others are waste of money for me.

I used a few tutorials but nothing, the mobile app does not detect my gamepads.

I'd like to play with PS4 v2...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. need disposable foam for utilization in healthcare clinical settings

Need disposable foam for infection control purposes for use in a clinical setting, thanks !

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiplayer games for all VR

I would like to play a multiplayer cross-platform game in which devices such as airplane joystick, arcade stick, touch, xbox control, car steering wheel, ect, all have a function for something specific to the game. I would like that each helmet either Oculus Go, Oculus rift, Oculus quest or compatible with steam VR can enter the game to play a character adapted to the virtual helmet itself with unique qualities of each helmet in the game. It would be nice to be in a world where all the VRs participate. Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Accomodation for a vision problem (Aniseikonia)

Hi, to accomodate for aniseikonia, I'd like to increase display zoom incrementally one sided from 0 to 5 %. I know that it can be made on an app basis by requesting each app developer individually. But practically speaking, it would be much better if that feature would be available in the GO operating system globally.
    Is there a workarround via debug mode perhaps?
    Would you please help my father to see stereo 3D the first time in his life?

Thanks for your consideration
    Regards, Christian

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adjust level of Screen

Allow for the leveling of the screen to be adjusted. In bed for example while laying flat the screen is not positioned directly above even after re-centering.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. enable GPS functionality

The Oculus Go Snapdragon chip has GPS functionality, it would be great to be able to selectively turn it on. The reason is to be able to track VR headsets that I propose leasing out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lite version of Whatsapp

A lite version of Whatsapp on the menu, so we can check messages received and be able to send voice messages using go mic without having to remove the headset to check the mobile. Since this a mobile device, shouldn't be a problem and also it should encourage the social interaction. That supposed to be FB goal anyway.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base