Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Oculus Venues: More Live Sports!

Enjoyed the live NBA experience last night in Venues. Would LOVE to see more marquee events such as soccer (EPL/CL/MLS/etc), American Football, Hockey, Baseball, NCAA Basketball. Can this be a thing please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus Venues: More Live Sports!

Enjoyed the live NBA experience last night in Venues. Would LOVE to see more marquee events such as soccer (EPL/CL/MLS/etc), American Football, Hockey, Baseball, NCAA Basketball. Can this be a thing please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Higher resolution video playback via rendering technology

There is currently existing enterprise software (visbit) that allows for much higher resolution -8K or even 10K- VR video playback on the Go by using a dynamic rendering technology. Something like that could (should?) be integrated into the core software of the mobile headsets, so that they could play VR videos with resolutions well beyond their hardware graphics limits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Oculus Go for Home Bound and those with somewhat limited teachnical skills.

Oculus Go can be ideal for those that are homebound, those with limited technical background, and those who suffer from handicaps or financial constraints that preclude them from travel or going to movies or outside recreational activities. Oculus Go is used by some seniors and those homebound, but I feel it could be used by many more if it can be modified so that a family member or caregiver can view and navigate the on line viewing screen for the disabled. If one has limited technological skills, some limitations in cognition, or even if one is paralyzed, he or she…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Remote desktop functionality to Oculus TV

With all due respect to both the Bigscreen Beta and Virtual Desktop apps which are both fine apps, there's no harm in adding more options. I think it would be a nice, functional addition to be able to access a PC within Oculus TV . Of course, it should have at least the virtual keyboard and use of the Go controller as a mouse.
    Sometimes there may be issues with connectivity and functionality with both B.S. and V.D. that might run smoother within the Oculus TV app, provided it's a more straightforward, solid link between the PC and the Go. …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expandable Memory for Oculus GO

Expandable Memory: The Oculus GO 35gb only has approx 20gb of space to store apps. Was not impressed with the false advertising! !! Make the memory expandable to external devices eg USB or SD card. I have to keep deleting apps to load more on... I'm fairly sure you can a build a headset with an expansion slot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Gallery photo smearing

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update the Search function for all versions of the Oculus store

This may not be an issue for the Quest library yet but I would like to see this for the Go library. Although there are some useable filters and categories in place, the filters that appear in the "Browse All" section to me is the most comprehensive and useful. I would like to see that as the default filter engine for all categories. Whether it's new releases, top selling, etc., because sometimes its helpful to further isolate just the game types a user might be looking for, especially the free apps from the pay ones. Maybe someone would like to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add microphone to screen recordings

When I record videos the audio from the app is fine but I cand hear myself talk

YouTube creators like myself would love to be able to just start a recording a d hear ourselves on the mic

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make this lighter!

I had neck surgery and it's painful to have the Oculus Go on my head for longer than 30 minutes. My neck has long since healed from that surgery 5 years ago. Your headset is just too heavy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. plex in oculus tv

Can we get an official plex viewer in oculus tv?

Plex VR has bad jaggies in the video picture itself, and plex content in the menu is fuzzy and hard to read. Plus the controller click bringing up the warning each time is annoying and worthless.

I sideloaded kodi into my oculus tv just so i could install the plex plugin and view smooth, anti-aliased video with subtitles in an easily watchable environment. The picture looks amazing, but its a pain having to go through so many steps getting into it and back out of it if I want to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make the plastic cover more resilient and not bubble all the time. The second one I have had to return to amazon uk because the bubbling

make the plastic cover more resilient and not bubble all the time. The second one I have had to return to amazon uk because the bubblingis bad without charging it up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update: Full screen software support for Google Cardboard and Daydream apps

This is an add on request to something I posted previously.
    With the recent announcement about discontinued support for both cardboard and daydream support, I would like to see some consideration by developers to negotiate support for both these platforms on at least the Oculus go.
    The first reason is to continue use of at least the numerous apps available. Although they may be of lower quality in comparison, it still represents content that can be added to the vast library already in place.
    The second reason is for preservation purposes in case such apps no longer become available.
    A…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stable record of video inside headset and transfer to PC

The transfer of recorded video to PC is very unstable. All recordings that doesn´t get a timestamp after recording can not be viewed on a PC after transfer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add automatic night mode and general improvements to it

Basically supporting automatic night mode to avoid excess of blue light but only at night. Also add the option to configure how warm the screen should be.
    The current option is only manual and with a fixed color temperature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spreading vr use

This idea will revolutionize the real world and multi media, just by simply getting any/all your vr devices compatible with camera devices, where professionals do not need to focus their eye vision to the camera scope or led screen of their camera. Imagize just putting on your device and calibrating the camera to the best effect everything would be easier and on a different perspective. Thats all... ey give me some credit if you can make this happen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Update the Oculus App casting function to include AR functionality.

As much as I like VR, I also realize AR is also something that needs to evolve as well. Given examples like the Hololens and others plus the Oculus company exploring this as well, I was curious about something. Is it possible to achieve some basic AR through the casting function?
    Imagine casting 3d objects through linking of any camera app on smartphones, where you can point the camera in a room, project objects and interact with them with an Oculus controller. Perhaps take the Oculus TV screen only(no background) and project it on a wall. Shoot floating objects from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. it is not about improving a product

i have an idea for a product for the Oculus rift, it is about d&d. contact me if you all are interested

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Oculus Go: The Quest proving grounds.

Another way to keep the Go as a viable platform (which has been suggested before in past posts by others) is to encourage game developers of upcoming Quest titles to produce smaller demos for play on the Go. Given the fact there are standards that the Oculus company requires for titles to be approved, it might be useful to post such lower level demos to see how well the consumers respond to them. Of course, the ever growing requests (including my own post) to add 2nd Oculus go controller support comes into play, if it's still possible to achieve.

Well…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base