Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Power Off Software Switch/Icon on Tool-bar

While in VR it breaks immersion for need to fumble on top of unit then press switch for few seconds to bring that Turnoff option menu, why can't shut down button/icon be permanently allocated on TOOLBAR just like same thing exist in Windows ... A software switch to Shut down windows. Same should be done for Oculus Go.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PC applicaton

The Go concept is nice and simple. But the setup is not. The Go can already be plugged in to a PC via USB why not have a PC App available.
    The current setup method is frustrating. Now I have to mess with getting wireless and Bluetooth on phones and PCs.
    Thanks, Dale

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ticket: 994539

Hello Paul.
    I thank you and your team for your openness and the answer I deserve as a consumer.
    This is not about the cost of a power adapter, but about false promises in advertising (Oculus website). I would have spared no expense and tried to claim my consumer rights.
    You have thus defused this problem and further steps from me such as. Orientation to different channels, consumer protection, checkout and perhaps legal steps prevented. (America go and give.)
    That we understand each other correctly, I am not disappointed by Oculus product nor by the technical support and all those…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Global repositioning/resizing of 2D apps & more 'Oculus TV' features

It's painfully obvious that the Go's primary selling point is its media playback capabilities. I can't be the only one who uses it as a virtual TV screen for private viewings of apps like YouTube, Netflix and Hulu whilst in bed. I think it would be a real boon to this if the Go OS had global features for repositioning/resizing the screen, as the YouTube VR app has.

It would be great to be able to quickly grab the screen of whatever media is being played and move/resize/rotate it, or even lock it to your gaze direction. It would also…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. improve the lenses with in the the headset, so that you cant get blind,When light rays reflect off an object and enter the eyes

I did some research on oculus rift and your other virtual reality products it will damage your eyes and make you color blind or blind eventually I will not be buying any of your products until you improve them by help to make your vision better, cure seizures, improve memory and so on. Please do better to improve product then I will think about buying.
    When light rays reflect off an object and enter the eyes through the cornea (the transparent outer covering of the eye), you can then see that object. The cornea bends, or refracts, the rays that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Removing Paid Software from the store

I bought GrooVR for both the GO and The Rift with their companion bundles. The software was removed from the store with no notice and on my Rift the software was actually uninstalled. I am assuming presence labs went out of business and I now have no way to get my software back and I have to try and hope I can find all my receipts.

That process needs to be handled a lot better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. having two controllers

I think that if you're able to do the two controllers thing please make it so we can play games like beat saber, job simulator and other fun games that you'd be able to play on the oculus rift.

from your biggest fan, Tyler

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Release Notes

Post release with the latest oculus updates. Along with the listing the version being installed a nice brief list of updates/fixes would be nice instead of guessing what's new.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. fix the homepage

on the homepage someone forgot to add a space and now it says "Last-minute Sale £50Off Oculus Go" and it looks like 500 so newcomers will be confused

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Oculus Go Tutorial Environment Available In The Environments Menu

My Go’s environment recently turned into the one from the tutorial due to what I believe was a bug, but I’ve found that it’s now my favourite environment. I don’t see it in the environments menu though and worry that this will be patched out eventually. Please add this environment to the environments list, I find that the ones currently available have a bit too much going on for me but this one feels perfect.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix Gallery photo smearing

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The platform needs at least 1 racing game...

Seriously, no one kind of semi simulator?
    There is no Forza/Gran turismo/Project cars like.

Should have 1 Oculus AA game for Go/Quest/Rift with different graphics settings (and high quality physics on PC)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why isn't the home interface controllable with a bluetooth gamepad?!?

When connecting a Bluetooth controller you still need to keep the oculus pointer at hand reach to navigate menus, reset the position and more!! It breaks the immersion and is just uncomfortable!! Please fix it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add microphone to screen recordings

When I record videos the audio from the app is fine but I cand hear myself talk

YouTube creators like myself would love to be able to just start a recording a d hear ourselves on the mic

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add

Please add functionality where you can view all oculus menu’s, material, and content in a compete 360° view. I have seen a lot of people on the internet complaining about the same thing that I am frustrated with which is the inability to operate the Oculus Go while laying down. That is the entire purpose as to why I bought one, was to lay down and “look at the ceiling” and operate everything. I know Netflix and some others have this functionality but not the main oculus menu’s and other features. Please update the device as soon as possible, this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Tax exempt purchases for schools and other non profits throught the Oculus App store

I am a teacher of technology in a 7-12 school and I believe VR is going to be a big item in helping students learn. Right now I can not purchase any apps for our Oculus Go's that we just bought because they don't offer a tax expempt option for our school. It is a law in our state of Vermont that we as a non profit public school will not pay taxes for anything we purchase. This has put a huge damper on what we will be able to accomplish in our schools.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adapter vos casque VR aux personnes à mobilité réduite

Vous pourriez adapter vos casques pour les personnes à mobilité très réduite en adaptant votre manette. En effet vous pourriez faire une manette qui a la forme d’un joystick de fauteuil roulant et ajouter d’autres fonctions sur des pads. Ainsi, les personnes qui ne peuvent pas bouger leur tête et difficilement leur mains pourraient sans doute utiliser vos casque et avoir de très bonnes sensations. Pour cela il faudrait travailler en collaboration avec une personne concernée par ce type de handicap. Vous pourriez donner des jambes à ceux qui ne peuvent s’en servir, ça serait merveilleux !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. plex in oculus tv

Can we get an official plex viewer in oculus tv?

Plex VR has bad jaggies in the video picture itself, and plex content in the menu is fuzzy and hard to read. Plus the controller click bringing up the warning each time is annoying and worthless.

I sideloaded kodi into my oculus tv just so i could install the plex plugin and view smooth, anti-aliased video with subtitles in an easily watchable environment. The picture looks amazing, but its a pain having to go through so many steps getting into it and back out of it if I want to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Loved your automated Hey, Tha that did not address the problem. Since you neglected to address my issue, I’ll just help clog up your site..

Hey,
    Thanks for contacting Oculus Support.
    I understand this may cause an inconvenience, if you'd like to leave us feedback feel free to do so on the UserVoice Channel, click here to submit feedback.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions, if not please let me know and I will have this ticket closed for you.
    All the best,
    Morgan
    Oculus Support Rodney Portal
    Nov 29, 8:05 AM PST
    Really find it stupid that I must log in to my account to unsubscribe.
    By making it that difficult, I will likely just mark the next emails as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remote control app

I would like be able to remotecontrol the Oculus Go and the Oculus Quest via the oculus app, so I can show VR videos and VR experiences to elderly or disabled people. This will also be helpful for showcase to anyone without having to teach them the whole system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base