Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Backup/Restore System for Apps and Settings

After receiving a forced update my OGO was rendered useless, requiring a full system restore. Once restored, I was forced to reinstall all of my apps and all of my progress, files, etc. was gone. There is no backup/restore system in place for OGO and it's beyond absurd. Let's get this going ASAP.

OGO Post-Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgoCizaER4

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A future with Retro Gaming support for all Oculus platforms.

Now this is not a post aimed at any certain entity with the Oculus company or participating software contributors. But what I would like to see are those companies take some more interest in an ever growing retro gaming market. Granted, there was the Oculus Arcade app, but I would like to see more in general. Given that almost every gaming platform out there seems to address it with software plus the latest retro game systems being produced, there are ever growing examples of a viable retro gaming market.

Now one could easily say "offer emulation support", but that's not…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable the red dot while casting

When the Casting feature is used the user sees a red dot in the top right corner, it would be great if that could be turned off (great for new users to stop them from casting unknowingly but annoying/distracting if you just want to show the device off to family

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Occulus Rooms Update

Oculus Rooms Update

Part of the whole VR experience for me has been the social aspect. I have a close friend in another state who I purchased an Oculus GO just so we can hang out in VR and play movies and games. She loves it, but the Oculus Rooms app, our favorite place to meet up and talk, seems just a tad bit underdone. We absolutely love it as our meeting place, but playing your own videos is not possible. Only Videos saved from the Facebook app. Even then, sometimes not. You cannot play music and show pictures at…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update: Full screen software support for Google Cardboard and Daydream apps

This is an add on request to something I posted previously.
    With the recent announcement about discontinued support for both cardboard and daydream support, I would like to see some consideration by developers to negotiate support for both these platforms on at least the Oculus go.
    The first reason is to continue use of at least the numerous apps available. Although they may be of lower quality in comparison, it still represents content that can be added to the vast library already in place.
    The second reason is for preservation purposes in case such apps no longer become available.
    A…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full Google Playstore app support/emulation.

Now this may be a wild request to post, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd like to see the Oculus company propose a deal with Google to bring full Googke Playstore appstore support to all their VR headsets, especially the Go. That would include their VR apps. Now one might think "bring Cardboard or Daydream apps to Oculus? Why?" Well before anyone dismisses the idea, think of the added content that would be available. Every platform aforementioned will always have some worthy content that consumers like that is limited in its availability. After all, its content that continues to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Oculus should have available VRTV VR player, as it is the best VR video player out there. Beats SkyBox and any other player out there. T

Oculus should have available VRTV VR player, as it is the best VR video player out there. Beats SkyBox and any other player out there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How about some Kart racing games?

Can you please invent some Kart driving games similar to Mario Kart? How about some free roaming driving games, or games where you can roam around and find things like in Mario games?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Animated and interactive environments in Oculus Home and Navigation screens.

While I like the selection of virtual environments available in the Home menu, I would like to see more. What I think would be interesting is to have more interactive environments. Let's have a living room with a large Tv screen that you can move around in. The Tv screen would display the navigation menu and operate as normal. Or as a radical change, simulate the user positioned in a seat on a moving train or subway car where you can look down a see yourself holding a touch screen tablet, which displays the navigation menu screens and you can…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 自作した映像をOculus Goで見ると自動でまたループして再生されるので、み終わったら止まるようにしてほしい。

自作した映像をOculus Goで見ると自動でまたループして再生されるので、み終わったら止まるようにしてほしい。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of the need for gacebook

I know your owned by facebook but I think it's unfair to make users get a facebook account in order to fully use the device.
    I am currently debating sending it back for a full refund as it's not what I purchased and there is no information on the box saying it needs facebook.
    It wasnt necessary when I first purchased it.
    I think it's wrong to mislead customers then try to force them to get a social media account they dont want.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New oculus Go update made home screen smaller and too close to the eyes which really hurts

Recently, my oculus go got updated to latest version and the home screen got smaller and moved too close to the eyes which really hurts when using. Please fix this issue or let the user choose the screen distance of the home menu. Please and thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need tabs/folders to organize our library.

I want to be able to separate my games from my other apps and media players.

Also a way to hide uninstalled apps.

Also a file explorer that I can use without hooking up my headset to a PC. I can download stuff using the vr web browser but there is no way for me to move the downloaded file to other folders.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. nice device

the virtual desktop app does not work... my isp is satellite (Hughes net). the farthest i get with virtual desktop is "checking bandwith". i cant even run it when hard wired in to the computer.... yes i have the stream app on. i donot know why i can not use it when i am a mere 3 feet away from the computer. i hope there will be an updiate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Higher resolution video playback via rendering technology

There is currently existing enterprise software (visbit) that allows for much higher resolution -8K or even 10K- VR video playback on the Go by using a dynamic rendering technology. Something like that could (should?) be integrated into the core software of the mobile headsets, so that they could play VR videos with resolutions well beyond their hardware graphics limits.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove authorization in helmet for sending files from PC to helmet internal storage

Everything is in the title. This is really boring to be forced to put the helmet on to authorize file transfer from PC to helmet internal storage.
    The authorization should have a checkbox saying "Don't ask me that in the future".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See password

The oculus is great and all, but one thing. I-- my mom💢 created my account . She signed in with HER FACEBOOK. She is officially a crazy lady! You guessed it, I don't know her facebook and she refuses to tell me. I assum the password was set to some factory password or some "strong suggestion password" from google. I don't know how to check the password... when I am in the oculus app, I selected settings. Then I selected two factor. Then it said that my password was **********. Can I please actually SEE the password, so I can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Netflix improvements: +10 & -10 seconds buttons (rewind, forward)

Rewind & forward buttons.

Curved screen like VR Desktop, with the lens curvature.

¿Do have 60 FPS with anti chromatic aberration filter? More battery

Screen overclock to 75 Hz for PAL european content (25 FPS) with no juddering

71.928 FPS mode for NTSC content with no juddering

When someone usually watches videos on 71.976/75 Hz monitors, suddenly have super perception to judder, but most of TVs are 60 Hz, so this would be advantages for to play multimedia on Oculus devices.

By default multimedia players apply pull down 2:3 forcing judder, then 71.928/75 FPS modes should don't appy pull down.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Optics are very grainy.

Shouldn't the images be sharp? Everything is very grainy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base