Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Keep Facebook off of it. I don’t need them collecting my data and possibly leaking my information.

You are putting your entire company at risk of failure by forcing your users into using a Facebook account. I’m absolutely disgusted by it and I will by putting fire crackers into my headset to blow it up because it’s a paperweight now. Not only is Facebooks privacy practices extremely volatile, Facebook promotes hate and racism. And I will take no part in that. Especially because of the privacy concerns. Thank you very much. And I encourage you to take back your company before some big profit hungry corporation sucks everything they have out of your team and starts slowly…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PRIVACY: Make a User Login for Quest Devices, so members of the family can use the same device without seeing each others' information

Please (like windows PC) let us choose user (with password) to login the device. My parents and brothers using my quest and everyone can see my private messages and photos in the device. Actually if I forget my oculus quest, anyone can access my information. So password protected MULTIPLE USER entrance is imperative for the Oculus Quest, since it is a MOBILE device. PS: I like the device overall and I find it revolutionary but still needs crucial improvements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ACL Prevention

I am looking at doing a dissertation on can VR decrease the chances of tearing an ACL in female athletes. I have been researching prevention programs and have areas to focus on. I need software that can be done with VR for these areas that I am finding - strength, landing, jumping etc. I would also like to make it a game type atmosphere or something different than your traditional workouts athletes are used to. There is very little to no research done in this area, a lot with prevention and VR used post injury or condition.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give option to disable trigger axis filtering!

Trigger axis filtering which is a software issue in the Oculus API makes it so rapid trigger pulls are not registered easily. Please give an option to disable filtering for VR games that require rapid trigger pulls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ideasx3

A few issues I have noticed after a couple of days use.

1. Sometimes double-tap pass through takes 6,8 or even 10 taps to engage after turning on from sleep. Also double-tap sometimes completely disengages whatever I was doing, a more specific pause type effect would be more preferable.

2. Glitchy when taking the headset off to hand to a child. The headset might decide to switch off or return to the homescreen. How about an assist mode to prep a game for a child or someone without Oculus knowledge, hand over the headset and let them continue.

3. Casting to my 2020…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hide the new floating menu bar under full screen videos

A recent update to the Oculus browser added a floating menu bar under fullscreen videos (Youtube, etc) which won't go away no matter what you do (Oculus tech support confirms this). It's wildly distracting from the video/movie. Give us a way to turn it off, or at least have it fade out when the controller isn't pointed at the screen.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PLEASE bring back the “NEVER” option in the Auto-Sleep settings.

One of my most common uses of the Go is as a video streamer. Apps like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube all feature content that run well past the 15 minute mark. Most of the time I watch these type streams, I’m reclined and typically still. It is EXTREMELY annoying when the auto-sleep feature kicks in and powers down the device. The NEVER option worked beautifully in preventing this issue but, for some unknown reason it has been rolled back. Please re-enable this feature...it was super useful!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Access Bluetooth settings from inside oculus go headset.

Access Bluetooth settings from inside oculus go headset (especially for gamepads, headphones etc). Remove the requirement of attaching a phone at all, make it optional. Sometimes the bluetooth pairing is flaky and there should always be an easy back up method.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sad to see Oculus Rooms and Monopoly go

I just heard that you were deleting Oculus rooms as of Oct 25. This saddens me. I will miss my room and my solitude in my room and I will also miss playing Monopoly deal. Hopefully the new horizons product will support rooms that you can be by yourself in, and let me play Monopoly deal again. I am sad, but I understand why you’re doing it.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More customizable accessibility features for those with handicaps.

Hi there

I have physical disability where I have very little use of my hands and fingers. I have found that if I unpair the controller the pointer is replaced by a dot which follows my gaze. I can point the dot with my head at a video to open but there is no way to click it without the controller.
    It would be great if there was a way to

disable the pointer on the controller so that I can use my gaze to point at something and just use the clicker to select and play a video

or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. REVIVE ROOMS!

i got go for Christmas and was exited to see rooms after hearing of it but all that happened was basically a neon flashing sign saying "hey you didn't get this experience but hey, buy another headset twice as expensive and get a future release that's probabally worse!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remote control from Windows PC

Currently, to set up these devices for others to use, I have to put the headset on myself, set things up and then give it to the other person. If there are issues, they then have to take it off and I have to put it on again. I will not be able to do this now in this time of COVID-19. Is there a way of remote controlling these devices from a Microsoft Windows based computer please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Software IPD Adjustment

Made for Rift S. Port to Go. PSVR has it from 2016.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New

Play it with your xbox

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for two controllers

Help me please.
    I believe the Oculus go should have two controllers.I do not require that the standard set includes two controllers.I want you, as good developers, to add support for two controllers in the mobile application (for the Oculus go).Thank you for your attention. Your Russian friend (and sorry for my poor English).
    Waiting for an email reply)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Play external media natively via USB OTG flash storage.

It’s absurd that this feature hasn’t already come to the platform. The Xiaomi version already supports it natively, but on the GO, it can only be done through a bunch of work arounds. I’m sure no one bought their GO, hoping to “make” it work. More likely than not, they expect (like me) that the products they buy will work the way they’ve been told.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We need a system wide Travel Mode / Orientation option

The same way Netflix will auto adjust orientation in a moving car, we need a system wide Travel Mode. I frequently use my Go on the plane and only the Netflix app lets me comfortably watch media the entire flight.

It is also frustrating that almost every app has its own button mapping for reorientation. (Hulu ignores the Oculus Button 'long hold' that would allow you to reorient the content vertically, instead requiring a clumsy trigger pull gesture)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Oculus Go Kiosk Mode

Ability to run 1 app from start. Option to disable controller calibration.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want to take this Company and change the world 🌎

Please Contact me and I would love to explore a new concept with you 239-313-0652

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base