Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Keep Oculus Rooms!

Oculus Rooms is still a great app that can be used by families, or friends (from outside VR) that happen to both own Go :)

There's currently no alternative for Rooms on GO so I'm not sure what's the plan here. It takes away one of cool features Go already has without providing any substitution? Bigscreen, altspace etc don't have the same level of integration as Oculus Rooms.

I would understand it if it was 2021 but right now GO is still a popular device and making it deliberately worse is a bad choice imo!

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep GO support

While I only used Rooms and games while traveling, I was ready to upgrade to Quest. No more. After barely 2 years since friends and family purchased the GO for cheap fun, GO is ending and support will end in 2022. I'll purchase elsewhere.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2nd Oculus Go controller support

If it's possible with a software update, would like to be able to simultaneously use a 2nd Go controller for dual controller use like the rift and quest. Other than improving typing on the browser and search functions, it may be useful for future apps created on the Go.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to install play store or another app store so we can still use the hardware now thats not being supported.

Allow users to install play store or another app store so we can still use the hardware now thats not being supported.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Adding vpn to Oculus go store!

I don’t know why but until now there’s not a single vpn app on the oculus go store. I live in a country with internet restrictions. That means many of my favorite websites/services may not be accessed via my go headset. Most likely, I’m not the only one with this issue. Many oculus users around the world need vpn apps in order to surf the internet normally and use their headset’s full potential. Please add VPN to the store!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sell a replacement controller

I couldn’t find a replacement controller in the store only ones for the quest. So that is frustrating maybe the store needs to be easier or they need to sell that I don’t know. But also it should be on amazon like the headset

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the Gear VR Minecraft officially work on Oculus Go

I bought Minecraft VR on Gear VR. Now I switched phone and play my Gear VR games on Oculus Go, but Minecraft VR is not available on Oculus Go.
    I enjoy using the Xbox controller in Minecraft VR. It will be great to let me continue my 200 hours+ gameplay in Oculus Go

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remote learning for elementary and middle school during the COVID pandemic

Hello everyone.

We go through hard transitional times that scramble the whole school system, instead of waiting for principals and teachers and tech companies to find a solution I wondered what I could do.
    Contact and interaction are crucial to learning and classic computer-based teaching platforms like Google Classroom do not provide it.
    With VR glasses we could immerse students and teachers together in a learning environment (doesn't have to be super sophisticated at 1st) I am sure the results would be amazing.
    This is absolutely not an easy thing to start, it would need a lot of experimenting/failing. But…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. i had an idea for an invention of a 360 degree treadmill that requires no electricity and can fit under a bed

i had an idea for an invention of a 360 degree treadmill that requires no electricity and can fit under a bed. have yo uever heard of track balls, if you get a bowl like shape that isn't as curved like a bowl but more like a satellite dish and you align the inside of the bowl thing. you could walk on it in any direction and the slope of the bowl added with the movement of the track balls would make your feet slide back into the same place every time. now that you got the directional problem solved…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Amazon Prime Video application should be available in all countries where the service is available, in particular in Poland

I see no legal or technical resons for making the application available only in US and UK, as the service is available in Poland for some time already.

BTW, I've been mislead by the mail from Oculus (Big announcements. Huge additions.) which didn't mentioned the limited availability of the application and created the Prime account unnecessarily (fortunately they have a free trial period).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. diffrent colors quest 2 options

i have a suggestion would be cool the oculus quest 2 come in different colors other then white . white is pron of showing dirt on the headset

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be able to search people on oculus with -'s in their name on Oculus

I would like other people with usernames that have -'s in them to be able to get searched on oculus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I challenge Oculus to donate a large portion of Oculus Go & Quests to Nursing Facilities & Hospitals. In addition to creating a library

I challenge Oculus to donate a large portion of Oculus Go & Quests to Nursing Facilities & Hospitals. In addition to creating a library of 360 high res videos and applications so the Elderly & Sick can relive things of their. Past and be able to travel to cities and parks around world. Stop trying to just male money

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OcuClass

Sent this to support and they told me to post on here so her goes....

I had an idea for these strange times and figured you have the resources to pull this off:

OcuClass:
    Develop Bare Bones VR set for education just enough power to run a classroom setting
    Software for Class room that has place for a Digital Chalk board
    Provide VR sets an minimal costs
    Provide Servers to be installed at Schools all high password security protection
    Schools would have to purchase and place

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include the Disney+ app as part of your service package

Disney+ is available across multiple platform except Oculus. It would be great if we could watch Disney in the same way we can watch Hulu/Netflix in a grand theater.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Expandable Memory for Oculus GO

Expandable Memory: The Oculus GO 35gb only has approx 20gb of space to store apps. Was not impressed with the false advertising! !! Make the memory expandable to external devices eg USB or SD card. I have to keep deleting apps to load more on... I'm fairly sure you can a build a headset with an expansion slot.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PLEASE bring back the “NEVER” option in the Auto-Sleep settings.

One of my most common uses of the Go is as a video streamer. Apps like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube all feature content that run well past the 15 minute mark. Most of the time I watch these type streams, I’m reclined and typically still. It is EXTREMELY annoying when the auto-sleep feature kicks in and powers down the device. The NEVER option worked beautifully in preventing this issue but, for some unknown reason it has been rolled back. Please re-enable this feature...it was super useful!

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add vudu

Add vudu to the list i got movies on there that id like to watch

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Access Bluetooth settings from inside oculus go headset.

Access Bluetooth settings from inside oculus go headset (especially for gamepads, headphones etc). Remove the requirement of attaching a phone at all, make it optional. Sometimes the bluetooth pairing is flaky and there should always be an easy back up method.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base