Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Separate the App Purchased from the Free

I would like the menu of the oculus go in the app section, you can see separately the App purchased from the Free. Since it is annoying to have to look for the app purchased in the middle of so many free.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View 3D models

Oculus app to import and view/walk-through 3D models (obj, skp, day, etc) as we can for 360 degree photos. Existing apps are very expensive since they are business oriented and have many more features than needed by the average hobbyist. Perhaps Oculus could partner with a company like SentioVR to bring this time of functionality to regular users.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Wireless keyboard

Oculus needs a wireless keyboard for typing. Typing usernames, chatting in games, etc.

One option would be a direct bluetooth keyboard connection.

A second one would be an app that can use your computer keyboard as an Oculus keyboard via wifi, like a virtual desktop type thing. This would be very convenient as you wouldn't need a separate keyboard.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OcuClass

Sent this to support and they told me to post on here so her goes....

I had an idea for these strange times and figured you have the resources to pull this off:

OcuClass:
    Develop Bare Bones VR set for education just enough power to run a classroom setting
    Software for Class room that has place for a Digital Chalk board
    Provide VR sets an minimal costs
    Provide Servers to be installed at Schools all high password security protection
    Schools would have to purchase and place

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improved control: second Go controller with a thumbstick

From my point of view the main limitation of the Go for games isn't 3 DoF or the limited hardware, but the controller. With only a trigger, a (clickable) touchpad and a back button, games often struggle to offer a good method of control.

Even just adding a shoulder bumper or the like might help in some cases (for example in Pinball FX2), but a second Go controller with a thumb stick should do the trick in adding the right amount of interactivity, achieving most of what a game controller can do and some things it can't (such as separate…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To support more gamepads! I have Xone v1 & 2 and PS4 v2 and 2 iPega and i still cant't play Oculus Arcade

Herebound and others are waste of money for me.

I used a few tutorials but nothing, the mobile app does not detect my gamepads.

I'd like to play with PS4 v2...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. need disposable foam for utilization in healthcare clinical settings

Need disposable foam for infection control purposes for use in a clinical setting, thanks !

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enable GPS functionality

The Oculus Go Snapdragon chip has GPS functionality, it would be great to be able to selectively turn it on. The reason is to be able to track VR headsets that I propose leasing out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Awarding points or hearts for using the device

I would be great if you improve the oculus environment as in some 3D chats like There ( there.com) by awarding points or hearts to players and then using the points to give free stuff. That would also helps to buy games. A system like this:

1. Points / hearts for time using the device.

2. Points / hearts for number of apps downloaded.

3. Points / hearts for using specific apps like Oculus rooms, etc

4. Points / hearts for buying games over $5.99, etc.

Free stuff to redeem points:

1. Customizations for the avatars.

2. Customizations for the oculus rooms.

3. Games (Totally free or…
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Being able to remove previous headsets from account without factory reset.

I had a defective Oculus Go that I got set up but couldn't remove/factory reset from my account. Now it's always there and it forces me to choose my new headset from a list everytime I need to do anything. There needs to be a secondary option to remove a headset for any reason. There is literally no reason why this doesn't exist.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support HBO or at least the Hulu HBO Add-in

I would love to see an HBO Go app or even if you could support the Hulu HBO Add-In so I could watch Game of Thrones on the Oculus Go. Currently I have a Hulu subscription with the HBO Add-in but the Oculus does not support or allow me to watch/stream any of the HBO content.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why isn't the home interface controllable with a bluetooth gamepad?!?

When connecting a Bluetooth controller you still need to keep the oculus pointer at hand reach to navigate menus, reset the position and more!! It breaks the immersion and is just uncomfortable!! Please fix it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Language filter for matchmaking and social apps

I don't use Venues because the content is in english and people speaks english.

In Big screen, Alt spaces... All is in english

We should have a filter for search our native language speakers

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support Oculus Go in More Countries

Oculus is missing a super huge market by ignoring INDIA, we have one of the fairly fast growing economy in world, super expensive smart phones like Galaxy S10 and Iphone X being sold like hot cake, Oculus Go and Quest are not expensive devices for their value for money. Oculus Must properly introduce VR Red-pill to india, I am more than happy to help as some what happy customer (some what since my rift does not have warranty or RMA support in my country while purchased from USA).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get Go to accept common file transfers?

1. Well, one huge improvement would be if Go accepted file transfers from a Mac. Don't mention the "Android File Transfer app" its a the worst piece of C... I have ever seen and doesn't work on a modern Mac, actually it messes up the whole filesystem...

2. If not 1. above, at least make it work with the most common devise in the world, an USB-stick!

It's a paining the... to get your own files to the Go without a Windows PC.

It's 2019 and not 1873 so common, hire some macOS programers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. restricited access for student/school use

I'm excited to use VR as a teaching tool in our school, however I'm concerned students will be surfing and selecting items that are not educational. Is there a way to restrict access to horror, violent, mature, and gaming related options? If not, I fear we may not be able to use it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better tablet app support

The Oculus mobile app is not optimized for tablet sized screens like many apps are. When in the app you will see black bars around the interface and the app does not allow landscape mode.

I personally would like to see this fixed given that some users prefer tablets over phones when it comes to browsing the store or setting up a device.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A file explorer with password on folder, and ability to hide folders.

A file explorer with password on folder, and ability to hide folders.

There is nowhere to see the status on the update of the headset. Make it possible.

I want to record video inside the headset including audio.

Add the possibility of wireless transfer of files from headset to PC, and vice versa?

MAke it possible to trade in the Oculus Go , in exchange for an Oculus Quest for a lower price.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Correct translation

I am using the Finnish version of UI and noticed a funny translation for the word "casting". That is translated as "Näyttelijät", which means "actors". There's no really a good translation for the word in Finnish, but the closest one could be something like "Peilaus", which means "Mirroring". Or "Lähetys", which translates to "broadcasting". As of now, the translation just makes no sense at all. And after you click the button, it still has further instructions in English.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base