Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Allow setup via PC, not just via a smart-phone

To set up the Oculus Go, you have to have a smart-phone with the Android OS and then set up your phone for Wifi and Bluetooth and then download an app. It would be nice if you could also set it up via a Windows laptop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Parental control

Need parental control

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't require login to unsubscribe from newsletter.

I don't even own any Oculus products, not sure what data leak you pulled my email from in order to send me your newsletter but I don't want it and I'm not going to login to get it to stop. Welcome to spam filter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Google Play

Can you link Google Play to Oculus browser?

I needed to save my progress in a VR game while playing with my Gear VR.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Slim version

ultra slim & ultra light version:

Freeform Limbak lenses with super resolution:

https://i.postimg.cc/bJSKKbDD/Screenshot-2019-07-26-20-03-57-302-com-android-chrome.png

Super resolution in DK2 comparison:

https://i.postimg.cc/NfjxFtDb/Screenshot-2019-07-26-19-15-19-256-com-android-chrome.png

7 nm revision for no heatsink, simply holes for hot air flow.

7 nm also for better battery, then lighter battery

Same $ price after 2 years but 199€ in Europe, under 200 psycologic barrier, not 219.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We need more Board Games!

I and my friends would like to see more board games like the 3D Monopoly and other games you used to have in Oculus Rooms. Please bring back the rooms too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Upgrade the go so for ppl wont cant afford can still feel like its worth ot

Hi. I brought the go thinking i was buying the quest dnt have another?$200 for the quest.what i notice is alot is being done for the quest so many feature when im on youtube looking up things for my son cant find anything recent.my son wont even play it.im disappointed cuz i feel like i failed my son cuz the quest has everything and the go nothing compares. This xmas i was so excited to buy this vr thinking im going to be the kool mom and i went and brought all the quest accessories that goes to the quest.battiers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Getting a response

I got no response from help when I asked for it, just ignored. Nothing for about a week so far so I guess maybe answer your customers when they spend alot of money on your products. Makes sense right?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need to clearly communicate which specific USB 3.0 Controllers are Supported

At this time, the system requirements for the Oculus Rift S simply state that "1xUSB 3.0" ports is required. The reality however is that only USB 3.0 ports from certain USB controller manufacturers are supported. This detail is not mentioned either on the packaging or website. There is even a file called “compatibility.json” that is installed with the Oculus software that blacklists many of the mainstream USB 3.0 controller chips.

These very specific requirements for which USB controllers actually work with the Rift S is not mentioned anywhere on the support pages for the Rift S and the only way…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. display update progress

currently waiting for a game to update so i can play but no indication as to how far its gotten/how long is left would be nice to see update progress for games/apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sponsor public venues where people can try using the Oculus Go at low/no cost

I am very impressed with the Oculus Go and want to help a friend in a distant US state experience using it, on the theory that she'll want to buy one. Alas, https://live.oculusvr.com/ implies that only Oculus RIft S and Oculus Quest units are on show at retailers. Is that so? You should provide venues where potential buyers can try using the low-cost Oculus Go! Perhaps try stores selling cameras which can capture Go-compatible VR?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make sure users know that TABLETS as well as phones can be used for Oculus Go setup.

Avoid the impression that one needs a telephone to set up the Oculus Go. All one needs is a device running Android 6 or later which is Bluetooth-enabled, right? A tablet works as well as a phone, and I know some people who have tablets INSTEAD of phones. (They use Skype and WiFi to make telephone calls.) A suitable tablet is available starting at ~$30; try to get a telephone unbundled with telephone service as cheaply these days!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bluetooth Headphone Supppot

Would be great to be able to use bluetooth headphones with the Oculus Go, seems weird that in 2019 there is a device with audio that does not support bluetooth connectivity.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Horse Racing

I was interested in coming up with a virtual reality horse racing game and was wondering who I could talk to about making that happen?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Minecraft vr

I want Minecraft vr for oculus go as thousands I've been showcasing this too asked does it have Minecraft vr I unfortunately had to say no otherwise they would of bought the product your loosing huge sales by not doing this

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make more experience apps for those with quadriplegia

My son has quadriplegia. The Go frees him from his body and wheelchair for a little while. However, some of the cool experience apps turn off once his caregiver (me) sets it up then transfers the headset to his head. I didnt know this at first so he was quite frustrated. Could you somehow mark apps as being "transferable " ? Also...more apps for those who can only look...and not choose anything once wearing the head set? Thank you from all the moms of great kids who just want to somehow get out of that **** wheelchair.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Next gen oculus go

I was saddened to read that Oculus has no plan for a next gen Go. I already twitted at Jason Rubin about this, but figured it'd be a good idea to post here too.

I think that there's a place for an entry level headset, and that the Oculus Go serves this space nicely. However, there's no real upgrade path except to the Quest. If I like my Go and something happens to it, or I just want to move to a next gen, kind of like I'd do with some other devices.

(By the way, I own a Quest,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ticket: 994539

Hello Paul.
    I thank you and your team for your openness and the answer I deserve as a consumer.
    This is not about the cost of a power adapter, but about false promises in advertising (Oculus website). I would have spared no expense and tried to claim my consumer rights.
    You have thus defused this problem and further steps from me such as. Orientation to different channels, consumer protection, checkout and perhaps legal steps prevented. (America go and give.)
    That we understand each other correctly, I am not disappointed by Oculus product nor by the technical support and all those…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. improve the lenses with in the the headset, so that you cant get blind,When light rays reflect off an object and enter the eyes

I did some research on oculus rift and your other virtual reality products it will damage your eyes and make you color blind or blind eventually I will not be buying any of your products until you improve them by help to make your vision better, cure seizures, improve memory and so on. Please do better to improve product then I will think about buying.
    When light rays reflect off an object and enter the eyes through the cornea (the transparent outer covering of the eye), you can then see that object. The cornea bends, or refracts, the rays that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. fix the homepage

on the homepage someone forgot to add a space and now it says "Last-minute Sale £50Off Oculus Go" and it looks like 500 so newcomers will be confused

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base