Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Easier sideloading process for everyone!

Sideloading currently is a complicated process to go through with more steps involved than it feels necessary to really have, especially if you're not actually a developer. If it could be more like a simple switch like it is on Android, and if we could just transfer over an APK and install it in one click, that would be fantastic. It would be great if we had such a simple process for Quest, too!

If it isn't so easy to make it such a simple process, even then, it would still be greatly appreciated if the process could be made…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2nd Oculus Go controller support

If it's possible with a software update, would like to be able to simultaneously use a 2nd Go controller for dual controller use like the rift and quest. Other than improving typing on the browser and search functions, it may be useful for future apps created on the Go.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Animated and interactive environments in Oculus Home and Navigation screens.

While I like the selection of virtual environments available in the Home menu, I would like to see more. What I think would be interesting is to have more interactive environments. Let's have a living room with a large Tv screen that you can move around in. The Tv screen would display the navigation menu and operate as normal. Or as a radical change, simulate the user positioned in a seat on a moving train or subway car where you can look down a see yourself holding a touch screen tablet, which displays the navigation menu screens and you can…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chromecast Support

The Oculus Go operating system claims that you’re able to connect to chromecast via your mobile phone, but this isn’t possible. iOS support for Airplay and Chromecast would be great.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A future with Retro Gaming support for all Oculus platforms.

Now this is not a post aimed at any certain entity with the Oculus company or participating software contributors. But what I would like to see are those companies take some more interest in an ever growing retro gaming market. Granted, there was the Oculus Arcade app, but I would like to see more in general. Given that almost every gaming platform out there seems to address it with software plus the latest retro game systems being produced, there are ever growing examples of a viable retro gaming market.

Now one could easily say "offer emulation support", but that's not…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Slim version

ultra slim & ultra light version:

Freeform Limbak lenses with super resolution:

https://i.postimg.cc/bJSKKbDD/Screenshot-2019-07-26-20-03-57-302-com-android-chrome.png

Super resolution in DK2 comparison:

https://i.postimg.cc/NfjxFtDb/Screenshot-2019-07-26-19-15-19-256-com-android-chrome.png

7 nm revision for no heatsink, simply holes for hot air flow.

7 nm also for better battery, then lighter battery

Same $ price after 2 years but 199€ in Europe, under 200 psycologic barrier, not 219.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Price adapted to the economy of each Country.

Price adapted to the economy of each Country.
    In Argentina South America it is very expensive to buy games in the Oculus store to the point that it is impossible to pay more if it is Oculus rift or Rift S. Everyone buys in Steam since the prices are cheaper, a game that comes out $ 1200 in argentina in Steam leaves $ 230 pesos. This is the case in many countries that, although they do not have official support, are left out in the store. In my country there is a very large community we have a group on…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Thir facial mask for don't pressure cheekbones & the tip of the nose

Aparently assians needs the alternativd facial mask. I have pressure at the tip of the nose with that. And i have pressure at the cheekbones with the default mask.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bluetooth Headphone Supppot

Would be great to be able to use bluetooth headphones with the Oculus Go, seems weird that in 2019 there is a device with audio that does not support bluetooth connectivity.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Next gen oculus go

I was saddened to read that Oculus has no plan for a next gen Go. I already twitted at Jason Rubin about this, but figured it'd be a good idea to post here too.

I think that there's a place for an entry level headset, and that the Oculus Go serves this space nicely. However, there's no real upgrade path except to the Quest. If I like my Go and something happens to it, or I just want to move to a next gen, kind of like I'd do with some other devices.

(By the way, I own a Quest,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Language filter for matchmaking and social apps

I don't use Venues because the content is in english and people speaks english.

In Big screen, Alt spaces... All is in english

We should have a filter for search our native language speakers

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. need disposable foam for utilization in healthcare clinical settings

Need disposable foam for infection control purposes for use in a clinical setting, thanks !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support Oculus Go in More Countries

Oculus is missing a super huge market by ignoring INDIA, we have one of the fairly fast growing economy in world, super expensive smart phones like Galaxy S10 and Iphone X being sold like hot cake, Oculus Go and Quest are not expensive devices for their value for money. Oculus Must properly introduce VR Red-pill to india, I am more than happy to help as some what happy customer (some what since my rift does not have warranty or RMA support in my country while purchased from USA).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved control: second Go controller with a thumbstick

From my point of view the main limitation of the Go for games isn't 3 DoF or the limited hardware, but the controller. With only a trigger, a (clickable) touchpad and a back button, games often struggle to offer a good method of control.

Even just adding a shoulder bumper or the like might help in some cases (for example in Pinball FX2), but a second Go controller with a thumb stick should do the trick in adding the right amount of interactivity, achieving most of what a game controller can do and some things it can't (such as separate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To support more gamepads! I have Xone v1 & 2 and PS4 v2 and 2 iPega and i still cant't play Oculus Arcade

Herebound and others are waste of money for me.

I used a few tutorials but nothing, the mobile app does not detect my gamepads.

I'd like to play with PS4 v2...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Blacks are milky grays when brightness is not at minimum value in all LED HMDs

Example: The sky in Dark city background of Go is washed gray when brightness is not 0.

It looks as simultaneous control of backlight + brightness, as legacy of OLED screens with no backlight.

Maybe to increase gamma could fix this common problem too.

This does not happens only in S and Go, also in Mixed reality LED and Index.

Maybe a better dynamic contrast could help too, or to change color space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Get Go to accept common file transfers?

1. Well, one huge improvement would be if Go accepted file transfers from a Mac. Don't mention the "Android File Transfer app" its a the worst piece of C... I have ever seen and doesn't work on a modern Mac, actually it messes up the whole filesystem...
    2. If not 1. above, at least make it work with the most common devise in the world, an USB-stick!

It's a paining the... to get your own files to the Go without a Windows PC.

It's 2019 and not 1873 so common, hire some macOS programers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for using Oculus controllers on PC

This is something I would consider an optional function, but it would be helpful to be able to use the Oculus controllers directly on PC to function as a mouse or optional game controller.
    Sometimes in apps like Bigscreen and Virtual Desktop, I find that the controls don't always respond as smoothly as they should. Of course, the developers of those apps could update their controller support, but having a more direct connection sometimes have better results. Something similar to what Microsoft has with a usb dongle to connect an xbox controller to their windows based PCs.
    If such a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Separate the App Purchased from the Free

I would like the menu of the oculus go in the app section, you can see separately the App purchased from the Free. Since it is annoying to have to look for the app purchased in the middle of so many free.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base