Oculus Go

Welcome to the Oculus Go feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Go platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Go!
  1. Keep Oculus Rooms!

Oculus Rooms is still a great app that can be used by families, or friends (from outside VR) that happen to both own Go :)

There's currently no alternative for Rooms on GO so I'm not sure what's the plan here. It takes away one of cool features Go already has without providing any substitution? Bigscreen, altspace etc don't have the same level of integration as Oculus Rooms.

I would understand it if it was 2021 but right now GO is still a popular device and making it deliberately worse is a bad choice imo!

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2nd Oculus Go controller support

If it's possible with a software update, would like to be able to simultaneously use a 2nd Go controller for dual controller use like the rift and quest. Other than improving typing on the browser and search functions, it may be useful for future apps created on the Go.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier sideloading process for everyone!

Sideloading currently is a complicated process to go through with more steps involved than it feels necessary to really have, especially if you're not actually a developer. If it could be more like a simple switch like it is on Android, and if we could just transfer over an APK and install it in one click, that would be fantastic. It would be great if we had such a simple process for Quest, too!

If it isn't so easy to make it such a simple process, even then, it would still be greatly appreciated if the process could be made…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PLEASE bring back the “NEVER” option in the Auto-Sleep settings.

One of my most common uses of the Go is as a video streamer. Apps like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube all feature content that run well past the 15 minute mark. Most of the time I watch these type streams, I’m reclined and typically still. It is EXTREMELY annoying when the auto-sleep feature kicks in and powers down the device. The NEVER option worked beautifully in preventing this issue but, for some unknown reason it has been rolled back. Please re-enable this feature...it was super useful!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Software IPD Adjustment

Made for Rift S. Port to Go. PSVR has it from 2016.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Amazon Prime Video application should be available in all countries where the service is available, in particular in Poland

I see no legal or technical resons for making the application available only in US and UK, as the service is available in Poland for some time already.

BTW, I've been mislead by the mail from Oculus (Big announcements. Huge additions.) which didn't mentioned the limited availability of the application and created the Prime account unnecessarily (fortunately they have a free trial period).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide the new floating menu bar under full screen videos

A recent update to the Oculus browser added a floating menu bar under fullscreen videos (Youtube, etc) which won't go away no matter what you do (Oculus tech support confirms this). It's wildly distracting from the video/movie. Give us a way to turn it off, or at least have it fade out when the controller isn't pointed at the screen.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Play external media natively via USB OTG flash storage.

It’s absurd that this feature hasn’t already come to the platform. The Xiaomi version already supports it natively, but on the GO, it can only be done through a bunch of work arounds. I’m sure no one bought their GO, hoping to “make” it work. More likely than not, they expect (like me) that the products they buy will work the way they’ve been told.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sad to see Oculus Rooms and Monopoly go

I just heard that you were deleting Oculus rooms as of Oct 25. This saddens me. I will miss my room and my solitude in my room and I will also miss playing Monopoly deal. Hopefully the new horizons product will support rooms that you can be by yourself in, and let me play Monopoly deal again. I am sad, but I understand why you’re doing it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the Gear VR Minecraft officially work on Oculus Go

I bought Minecraft VR on Gear VR. Now I switched phone and play my Gear VR games on Oculus Go, but Minecraft VR is not available on Oculus Go.
    I enjoy using the Xbox controller in Minecraft VR. It will be great to let me continue my 200 hours+ gameplay in Oculus Go

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More selectable environments in Oculus Tv

Why is there only one environment in the Oculus TV section? In the home and navigation screens, there are a few environment choices, although there should be more. But you only have the one scene in a cutout platform surrounded by trees and mountains. I would like to see more options for that. Why not a TV room or movie theater or some other optional living room setups?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Chromecast Support

The Oculus Go operating system claims that you’re able to connect to chromecast via your mobile phone, but this isn’t possible. iOS support for Airplay and Chromecast would be great.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We need a system wide Travel Mode / Orientation option

The same way Netflix will auto adjust orientation in a moving car, we need a system wide Travel Mode. I frequently use my Go on the plane and only the Netflix app lets me comfortably watch media the entire flight.

It is also frustrating that almost every app has its own button mapping for reorientation. (Hulu ignores the Oculus Button 'long hold' that would allow you to reorient the content vertically, instead requiring a clumsy trigger pull gesture)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A future with Retro Gaming support for all Oculus platforms.

Now this is not a post aimed at any certain entity with the Oculus company or participating software contributors. But what I would like to see are those companies take some more interest in an ever growing retro gaming market. Granted, there was the Oculus Arcade app, but I would like to see more in general. Given that almost every gaming platform out there seems to address it with software plus the latest retro game systems being produced, there are ever growing examples of a viable retro gaming market.

Now one could easily say "offer emulation support", but that's not…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Occulus Rooms Update

Oculus Rooms Update

Part of the whole VR experience for me has been the social aspect. I have a close friend in another state who I purchased an Oculus GO just so we can hang out in VR and play movies and games. She loves it, but the Oculus Rooms app, our favorite place to meet up and talk, seems just a tad bit underdone. We absolutely love it as our meeting place, but playing your own videos is not possible. Only Videos saved from the Facebook app. Even then, sometimes not. You cannot play music and show pictures at…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Oculus Go Kiosk Mode

Ability to run 1 app from start. Option to disable controller calibration.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Backup/Restore System for Apps and Settings

After receiving a forced update my OGO was rendered useless, requiring a full system restore. Once restored, I was forced to reinstall all of my apps and all of my progress, files, etc. was gone. There is no backup/restore system in place for OGO and it's beyond absurd. Let's get this going ASAP.

OGO Post-Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgoCizaER4

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Animated and interactive environments in Oculus Home and Navigation screens.

While I like the selection of virtual environments available in the Home menu, I would like to see more. What I think would be interesting is to have more interactive environments. Let's have a living room with a large Tv screen that you can move around in. The Tv screen would display the navigation menu and operate as normal. Or as a radical change, simulate the user positioned in a seat on a moving train or subway car where you can look down a see yourself holding a touch screen tablet, which displays the navigation menu screens and you can…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Netflix improvements: +10 & -10 seconds buttons (rewind, forward)

Rewind & forward buttons.

Curved screen like VR Desktop, with the lens curvature.

¿Do have 60 FPS with anti chromatic aberration filter? More battery

Screen overclock to 75 Hz for PAL european content (25 FPS) with no juddering

71.928 FPS mode for NTSC content with no juddering

When someone usually watches videos on 71.976/75 Hz monitors, suddenly have super perception to judder, but most of TVs are 60 Hz, so this would be advantages for to play multimedia on Oculus devices.

By default multimedia players apply pull down 2:3 forcing judder, then 71.928/75 FPS modes should don't appy pull down.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We need tabs/folders to organize our library.

I want to be able to separate my games from my other apps and media players.

Also a way to hide uninstalled apps.

Also a file explorer that I can use without hooking up my headset to a PC. I can download stuff using the vr web browser but there is no way for me to move the downloaded file to other folders.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base