Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Fix static flashes

I'm getting static flashes every couples minutes.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – thanks for voting for this idea. The static / white flash issue on Rift S was resolved with the 1.39.1 software update that went out last month. If you are still experiencing similar similar issues after receiving this software update, please contact Oculus support!

2. Open all reward boxes at once

The other day it took me nearly 15 minutes to open all of the reward boxes I had earned since the last time I checked. It would be nice to just have an "open all" button that just adds whatever I got to my inventory. Grabbing the box and throwing it is only a cool mechanic the first couple of times. After about 100 it starts to get really old.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news: you now have the option to open all reward packs with a single click! We added a ‘Collect All’ button as part the August Rift S software update. Check it out, and claim those rewards!

3. Provide a Guardian sensitivity setting

In its current implementation, the Guardian walls are way too overzealous and pop up every time I move, breaking up my view and destroying immersion. The previous Oculus software was much more lenient with when it would display the boundaries. Users should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the Guardian walls instead of being forced to toggle them on or off.

595 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing and voting for this idea, everyone. As part of a previous software release, we added the ability to adjust the Guardian sensitivity within Rift and Rift S. This includes individual options for both sensitivity to headset and sensitivity to controllers. While in VR, you can access these options by selecting Settings within Dash and choosing Guardian from the settings menu. This idea will now be marked as completed. If you have any new feedback related to these options, please provide them as a separate submission. Thank you!

4. Let me play vader immortal

Vader immortal is currently restricted to the quest. There is no reason to not put it on the rift other than to force people to buy the quest.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clocks.

You can get the time up from settings, but I would love to have a variety of functional clocks that show the system time - possibly even ones that can be set to a time offset for gaming with friends in other timezones.

Grandfather clocks, carriage clocks, futuristic clocks, even some funkier things, like waterclocks and hourglasses that can be touched for the time.

479 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! Clocks were added as Home decorations earlier this month! You can find all the cool clocks by navigating to the Inventory menu and then selecting Decorations. Time to get back into VR!

6. Fix tracking

Fix tracking issue after PTC update. PTC fixed the blackscreen issue but tracking is now terrible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this idea. Tracking improvements for a variety of Touch controller positions were added as part of the July Rift and Rift S software update. If you continue to experience tracking issues, please contact Oculus support. Thanks!

7. Attach monitor to wall in oculus home.

It would be pretty awesome if we could put our monitors on the wall in our rooms pernemently, so they stayed when we teleported around. Or maybe some sort of wall of apps from our desktop that we could quick launch.

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As part of the June 2018 Rift software update, we added a number of items that allow you to display your PC’s desktop. These objects can be found within the Special Items section of your Home inventory. These items allow you to effectively attach your desktop to a wall within Home. As a result, we are marking this submission as completed.

If you would like to see any further refinements or update to this feature, please submit a new UserVoice suggestion that details what you would like to see added or changed. Thanks!

8. Be able to import your own picture files as art.

It'd be great if you could import your own pictures/art off your own PC and hang them on the wall. You could have pictures of your family, dog, or your favorite piece of art for example.

389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As mentioned below, you are able to import your own picture files into Home by utilizing custom objects. Support for custom object importation was added as part of the June 2018 Rift software update. You can also display photos and videos using the special monitor items that were added as part of the same software update.

We are marking this idea as complete. If you would like to see further improvements to this functionality or something a bit different than what we implemented, please create a new UserVoice suggestion with the details. Thanks!

9. Pinned windows

Dunno if this is possible, but it'd be cool if we could pin a window in home on the wall or wherever like discord for example, and it stays in that spot.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. Pinning Windows within your Home can be accomplished by utilizing the Special Items within your Home inventory. Additionally, as of the 1.32 software update, custome Home objects now support embedded panels. This means that you can make your very own special item and include an embedded panel to pin the window(s) of your choice. We hope you like it!

10. Allow objects to be resized

You can rotate objects but you can't make them bigger or smaller!

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The 1.43 software update containing this feature is now available to all users. As a result, I’ll be marking this idea as completed. Thanks again for the suggestion and enjoy this new Home feature!

11. This needs the ability to see and use your real mouse (possibly a toggle).

As a multimedia creator (Blender, Photoshop, Premiere) being able to use my mouse (and move across various windows while doing so) is a must. I was really hoping to be able to create directly while I'm VR, unfortunately this doesn't seem possible with the current iteration.

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this idea. As part of a previous software update, we added the ability to see and use your real mouse within the Oculus virtual desktop. Please note that Dash must be up for this to work. If a window is pinned and Dash is not up, the mouse is not expected to be visible. We hope you enjoy using this feature!

12. Do not change the clock speeds of our components

Since 1.34, clock speeds are being changed willy nilly all over the place.

Many users report their clock speeds going down on both RAM and GPU from what they had set them to.

This is unacceptable. Our hardware clock speeds are ours to choose, not Oculus' decision.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this feedback. As part of the 1.35 Rift software update which began rolling out on 2/12/19, we resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards. As a result, you should no longer be experiencing decreased clock speeds. If you continue to encounter this issue after receiving the 1.35 software update, please contact Oculus Support: ocul.us/contact

13. Dismiss torn out screens with the B button when holding

Object interaction should remain consistent within the virtual space.

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. I’m pleased to report that this has been implemented. Torn out windows are dismissed by pressing the B button when the window is being held. Enjoy!

14. Open home to random users

I don't know why, but I think it would be neat to let other users, not just friends, to randomly walk around your home if it were 'Open.' they couldn't touch anything or even say anything, they could just see what others had done and experience houses that others had created.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stay connected to Facebook once the user links an account

When Oculus starts up, it attempts to link to my Facebook account. Every single time it prompts me, even though I've already linked the Oculus to my Facebook account. I could've done it 60 seconds ago, if I close the Oculus app and turn it back on, it's going to prompt me to link my Facebook account. It should just be linked until I unlink it a this point, which makes me think this could potentially be a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Oculus Software (1.31) to run offline

Since the forced update to version 1.31 the Oculus software won't launch if I'm offline.

This is preventing me to calibrate my sensors, and I can't even play games that don't require internet connection.

I understand that the new Oculus Home may require internet connection to run, but now I can't even start the software to configure my Rift.

Please fix this issue.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. While we cannot guarantee full software functionality without an internet connection, you should be able to open the Oculus software and launch non-internet dependent apps from your library. If you are experiencing something else, please open a ticket with Oculus support so our team can investigate more deeply. Thank you!

17. Add a quick way to mute the microphone

Please add a quick way to mute the microphone. I live in a noisy house and I don't want to bother anyone in a multiplayer game when my kid starts crying, my dog starts barking, my wife has to ask me something or I have to answer the phone.
    The noise might be annoying to other people in a multiplayer game and sometimes I'd like to keep an real-world conversation private.

My preferred way for this to work would be to hold down the "Dash" (Universal Menu) button on the right controller for 2 seconds to mute/unmute the microphone.
    Double-pressing…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feature request! In the November 2018 Rift software update, our team added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to mic volume (allowing you to mute), audio volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view. We hope this helps improve your Rift experience!

18. Let us completely delete games and apps from our oculus account..

Having the games stay on your account as "not installed" when you want to completely delete them is stupid, please fix this i love u bois

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While you are not able to completely remove a game or app from your account, you are able to hide items, which we believe should help you ultimately accomplish what you’re trying to do with this idea. As a result, we’re marking this idea as complete.

To hide a game or app, locate the item within your Library, click the three dots next to the item, and select ‘Hide’. This will hide that item by default within your library. Using the filters option within the top right of Library, you can choose ‘Hidden Apps’ to view all the otherwise hidden items. We hope this helps!

19. Screenshot shortcut

add a screenshot shortcut that can be used anywhere with oculus rift

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this idea! We recently added this functionality as part of the 1.37 Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the ‘screenshot’ button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\User\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!

20. Have a dedicated Movie Room.

It could have a giant screen to watch youtube etc on their. Maybe make a an extension of the current home space so you enter a door or something that brings you to the dedicated movie room. It would be all blacked out and look like a theater. Can watch movies from your pc.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea. As part of a prior software update, we added the ability to select a theater template as the basis for your home, thus giving you a dedicated movie room. We hope you like it!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base