Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Rift platform.
  • Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Medium and Quill.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Fix static flashes

I'm getting static flashes every couples minutes.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – thanks for voting for this idea. The static / white flash issue on Rift S was resolved with the 1.39.1 software update that went out last month. If you are still experiencing similar similar issues after receiving this software update, please contact Oculus support!

2. Provide a Guardian sensitivity setting

In its current implementation, the Guardian walls are way too overzealous and pop up every time I move, breaking up my view and destroying immersion. The previous Oculus software was much more lenient with when it would display the boundaries. Users should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the Guardian walls instead of being forced to toggle them on or off.

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing and voting for this idea, everyone. As part of a previous software release, we added the ability to adjust the Guardian sensitivity within Rift and Rift S. This includes individual options for both sensitivity to headset and sensitivity to controllers. While in VR, you can access these options by selecting Settings within Dash and choosing Guardian from the settings menu. This idea will now be marked as completed. If you have any new feedback related to these options, please provide them as a separate submission. Thank you!

3. Attach monitor to wall in oculus home.

It would be pretty awesome if we could put our monitors on the wall in our rooms pernemently, so they stayed when we teleported around. Or maybe some sort of wall of apps from our desktop that we could quick launch.

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As part of the June 2018 Rift software update, we added a number of items that allow you to display your PC’s desktop. These objects can be found within the Special Items section of your Home inventory. These items allow you to effectively attach your desktop to a wall within Home. As a result, we are marking this submission as completed.

If you would like to see any further refinements or update to this feature, please submit a new UserVoice suggestion that details what you would like to see added or changed. Thanks!

4. Be able to import your own picture files as art.

It'd be great if you could import your own pictures/art off your own PC and hang them on the wall. You could have pictures of your family, dog, or your favorite piece of art for example.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As mentioned below, you are able to import your own picture files into Home by utilizing custom objects. Support for custom object importation was added as part of the June 2018 Rift software update. You can also display photos and videos using the special monitor items that were added as part of the same software update.

We are marking this idea as complete. If you would like to see further improvements to this functionality or something a bit different than what we implemented, please create a new UserVoice suggestion with the details. Thanks!

5. Pinned windows

Dunno if this is possible, but it'd be cool if we could pin a window in home on the wall or wherever like discord for example, and it stays in that spot.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. Pinning Windows within your Home can be accomplished by utilizing the Special Items within your Home inventory. Additionally, as of the 1.32 software update, custome Home objects now support embedded panels. This means that you can make your very own special item and include an embedded panel to pin the window(s) of your choice. We hope you like it!

6. Do not change the clock speeds of our components

Since 1.34, clock speeds are being changed willy nilly all over the place.

Many users report their clock speeds going down on both RAM and GPU from what they had set them to.

This is unacceptable. Our hardware clock speeds are ours to choose, not Oculus' decision.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. As part of the 1.35 Rift software update which began rolling out on 2/12/19, we resolved a Dash issue impacting memory clock speed on NVIDIA cards. As a result, you should no longer be experiencing decreased clock speeds. If you continue to encounter this issue after receiving the 1.35 software update, please contact Oculus Support: ocul.us/contact

7. Dismiss torn out screens in the same way as objects (B button) when holding

Object interaction should remain consistent within the virtual space.

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. I’m pleased to report that this has been implemented. Torn out windows are dismissed by pressing the B button when the window is being held. Enjoy!

8. Open home to random users

I don't know why, but I think it would be neat to let other users, not just friends, to randomly walk around your home if it were 'Open.' they couldn't touch anything or even say anything, they could just see what others had done and experience houses that others had created.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a quick way to mute the microphone

Please add a quick way to mute the microphone. I live in a noisy house and I don't want to bother anyone in a multiplayer game when my kid starts crying, my dog starts barking, my wife has to ask me something or I have to answer the phone.
    The noise might be annoying to other people in a multiplayer game and sometimes I'd like to keep an real-world conversation private.

My preferred way for this to work would be to hold down the "Dash" (Universal Menu) button on the right controller for 2 seconds to mute/unmute the microphone.
    Double-pressing…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feature request! In the November 2018 Rift software update, our team added a new Dash rollover menu. Hover your pointer on the right side of the belt for instant access to mic volume (allowing you to mute), audio volume, Touch status, and to re-center your view. We hope this helps improve your Rift experience!

10. Allow Oculus Software (1.31) to run offline

Since the forced update to version 1.31 the Oculus software won't launch if I'm offline.

This is preventing me to calibrate my sensors, and I can't even play games that don't require internet connection.

I understand that the new Oculus Home may require internet connection to run, but now I can't even start the software to configure my Rift.

Please fix this issue.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback. While we cannot guarantee full software functionality without an internet connection, you should be able to open the Oculus software and launch non-internet dependent apps from your library. If you are experiencing something else, please open a ticket with Oculus support so our team can investigate more deeply. Thank you!

11. Screenshot shortcut

add a screenshot shortcut that can be used anywhere with oculus rift

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this idea! We recently added this functionality as part of the 1.37 Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the ‘screenshot’ button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\User\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!

12. Let us completely delete games and apps from our oculus account..

Having the games stay on your account as "not installed" when you want to completely delete them is stupid, please fix this i love u bois

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While you are not able to completely remove a game or app from your account, you are able to hide items, which we believe should help you ultimately accomplish what you’re trying to do with this idea. As a result, we’re marking this idea as complete.

To hide a game or app, locate the item within your Library, click the three dots next to the item, and select ‘Hide’. This will hide that item by default within your library. Using the filters option within the top right of Library, you can choose ‘Hidden Apps’ to view all the otherwise hidden items. We hope this helps!

13. Ability to pin a Webcam feed

It would be great to take your webcam and be able to pin a feed of it in VR during gameplay. I for one would appreciate being able to see when someone walks in my office and know when to pause. I am sure there are other useful ways this could be used.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow organisation of library through categories.

Simple really.

Please let us categorize our games. Example: Favorites, multiplayer, creative, app, vr experience, arcade shooter, simulator.

My library has become so large & it's not getting any smaller.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this idea! Categories have been introduced to the Library section of the Oculus software in the form of the Filters feature. In Library, click the Filters button in the top right to see a variety of different categories that should help you better navigate your games and apps. We hope you like it! There is a separate idea for marking certain items as ‘favorites’ here: https://rift.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift/suggestions/32691043-set-apps-in-library-as-favorites-with-ability-to-s

15. CAN'T REACH OCULUS RUNTIME SERVICE.

CAN'T REACH OCULUS RUNTIME SERVICE. FIX THIS PLEASE. I DIDN'T PAY $400 FOR A FKN BOAT ANCHOR.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Patch notes

In the Library/Updates view there's a place for patch notes with every app update, but the Oculus system updates never have any patch notes. Instead the patch notes are posted on the Oculus forums. It would be nice to see what I just installed without going to the forums.

Facebook Spaces is another repeat offender. It seems so strange, since having a place to put the notes is your own feature.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this idea. Patch notes have been added to the Oculus system software updates. To see what’s new in the latest Oculus system software update, navigate to Library > Updates and click the ’What’s New’ button under a recent Oculus system update.

17. Customizable Home Floor Plan

Currently everyone's Home is just the same room with different skins and items. Instead, we should be able to completely customize the floor plan, make different rooms/floors, etc.This would allow for much more interesting and personalized setups.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! The ability to import custom home environments / layouts was added as part of the February 1.35 Rift software update. Just like importing your own custom items, you can place a .glb file in your My Imports\Custom Homes folder and use that object as a template for brand new Homes!

18. Dont force oculus client to open itself

No matter what I tried, the new Oculus client would reopen itself every time I closed it. I could see the screen in my rift light up, and hear sounds as I was loaded into home, with my rift sitting on a shelf, nothing triggering the proximity sensor (that im aware of). Eventually I was forced to roll back to stop it.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this feedback through UserVoice. The behavior described in this post should not be occurring. We’ve made a number of software changes and enhancements since this idea was submitted and we believe this issue has been resolved. As a result, we are marking this submission as completed. If you are still experiencing this issue, please open a ticket with Oculus support so we can investigate further. Thanks!

19. Multiplayer: connecting Friend's spaces

Please allow us to create doors to our friend's spaces - this would be an amazingly immersive way of connecting with others through this wonderful virtual world you're letting us craft.

I would love to be able to see into the "next" room fairly seamlessly, even if there was a load to actually go there.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea! In software update 1.36, we added Gateways, which allow you to create an easy link between your own Home and other Homes. Place anywhere in your Home to expand your space and connect different themed rooms or public Homes. You can find Gateways in the Special Items section of your inventory!

20. User-Created Wall Art

Create blank picture frames of various sizes that the user can import their own photography/art into and be able to decorate their Dash 2.0 home with.
    More simply, allow the users to import their own photography/art into their Dash homes.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be accomplished through a combination of importing UGC objects and utilizing the Oculus created Special Items. Marking as complete.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Feedback and Knowledge Base