Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. A place to shop or earn items. Hidden home items in game

Im absolutely loving the new home. Its amzing. One thing i like about gaming is unlocking new stuff, rare items, and customisation. please make a ton of stuff for this, maybe even expand rooms. this could grow into a big thing if you made many ways to expand our options. Whether its simply paying for items, or hiding stuff in games. maybe even give third partys the option to make and sell home items. like Second Life

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pin leaderboards from your favourite games to walls

I like how you can pin your achievements to the walls. How about doing the same thing for leaderboards for your favourite games. When you come in you will be able to see if your friends are beating you and jump back into the game.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use Oculus Touch as wintab device

Here's a crazy one.

enable tilt, pressure, etc for applications like zbrush, photoshop, you name it.

enable oculus touch to be used as a wintab device

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Energy Saving

Given the potential that Dash has to significantly increase the amount of time that the Rift is worn, replacing desktop monitor use, please provide an option within Core 2.0 to automatically put the monitor into stand-by when the Rift is worn and wake-up when it's taken off.
    Also (for convenience rather than energy saving) provide an option to automatically switch Windows playback device to Rift Audio when the headset is worn.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Arcade games or Gear VR / Oculus GO emulators

Some crazy ideas!

Would be great to run your Gear VR games/apps in a "Virtual" Gear VR / Oculus GO from your Home (Same Oculus Account...)

Or why not, bring Oculus Arcade into your Home!
    It would be fun to have some playable arcade game machines.

Maybe as a buyable item?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keep the "big screen" game selection

The "old" way of launching games with icons from like a big screen. That is impressive. The new one looks, like I'm looking at a monitor, just in VR, lame. Also When the games launch I used to see their title hanging in the air in big hangar like place, impressive! New one is totally lame, without the sense of extra space. At the very least please preserve ability to keep the old Home like it's now (I switched back, but it says it's only temporary). I don't care about decorating new home, that's good for women and queers. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Private rooms or spaces.

Be able to create a private space that friends cannot see or enter

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better control of the 'stickiness' of blocks.

So I decided to be creative with the cube shaped blocks. I managed to create what I set out to create, but it involved a lot of frustration. The biggest problem I ran into was that as I was trying to place my block in a specific spot, it would mysteriously glue itself to other nearby blocks. Then when I attempted to move that block (because it didn't quite go where I wanted it), I would suddenly be dragging a bunch of other blocks as well. Blocks that had been exactly where I wanted them to be, and I didn't…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep rooftop patio as a home option

include the current roof top patio environment as an option for home.
    useful for offline or demo modes. or just when you want to sit there listening to the water.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Virtual Midi

Integrate virtual midi into the desktop app & then we could use vr instruments with our music apps within home.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More keyboard options

The full floating keyboard in VR is not the way to go, is the most familiar one but is just like smartphones keyboard is not fast enough atleast in a phone you feel the screen.

I am talking about methods like the one we used to have before smartphones, mobiles had only the numeric pad with 9 keys each key had assign 3 or 4 letters.

If we applied this principle to the thumbstick each axis direction will represent one of this 9 keys (3 letters)

Ex: You click a EditText box no keyboard popup just use your thumbstick and…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reduce the physics interaction of the user's head

I can't look around without knocking all my game boxes off the shelf, and I'm nowhere near them!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please could I have a jet-pack and a telescope?

Pretty please...
    It would be nice to fly around that bay and use the telescope to get a better look at those ships.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. App shortcuts..3D objects

Add Windows style "shortcuts" for your main/frequently used games and apps. Could be standard 3D globe.. or even selectable objects floating about where you leave them..
    -pistol launches wild west game
    -ball launches sports game
    -Folder launches App
    Etc

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug] Virtual keyboard and destop problems when Windows DPI scale set high.

3D Virtual keyboard has no keys but appears 2-dimensionally (and is usable) in the corner of the virtual desktop window. Manipulating virtual desktop items becomes problematic after a short time (possibly related). Unusable (cropped sections of the desktop) secondary windows appear when dragging windows out of the desktop, also possibly related. Finally my real keyboard's key-mapping becomes scrambled after using the virtual keyboard, remedied by logging out and logging back in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vehicle/Electric Scooter/ Hover Kart

A small vehicle item which users could get around their home environments seated

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Small capture of text being typed built into the keyboard

Typing in VR requires you to be watching the keyboard, but most times that means you can't see the panel you're typing to easily.

Include a capture of the zone your typing to in a small window within the virtual keyboard allowing mistakes or typo's to be edited easily without the glancing back and forth.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disable Windows option to make virtual monitor the 'main display'

Windows Settings allows the virtual monitor to be set as the main display. Doing so will cause Core 2.0 software to report a 'critical error'. Oculus software seems to continue to work ok but will always report this critical error. The only remedy for me was to perform a system restore and re-install oculus software.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dash Belt/Ribbon missing

Where's my belt/ribbon? (I think you guys call it a belt based on some assets named in the Oculus dir).
    I've never seen the belt at all. I've been told by other users that it is always there when the dash is brought up (oculus button).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base