Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure
    Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. An option to turn off touch controller vibrations

I understand the idea of them to add immersion, but I would love to have an option to turn of the vibrations for the controllers. Many times in my opinion they would get in the way of what I'm doing or get distracting while I'm doing something in game. It also uses absurd amounts of battery especially in a game like Beat Saber where literally every time you hit a note, it vibrates not to mention all the other occasions where it would vibrate when the sabers touch anything for that matter. So I would really appreciate an option to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. stop the oculas software starting up on its own when you launch vr games that you dont want to play in vr.

a way to stop the oculas software from starting up when you launch vr games that can be played without vr. i launch Ark from my epic games launcher and the oculas software starts and i don want it to, if i close it Ark crashes. it seems ridiculous that i cant stop it from starting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have it also include Minecraft and have it not need windows 10

Have it include youtube and not need windows 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the RX 5600 XT to the supported hardware list.

Add the RX 5600 XT to the hardware whitelist. The card does not appear on the current whitelist and is more than capable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow use of Oculus Browser on Rift S

I would like the ability to use Oculus Browser on Rift S in the same way I do on my Oculus Quest or Oculus Go devices. I recognize a user may easily access the Internet using the attached PC, but the Oculus Browser tool is more private.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Methods of Payment

I still cannot, through any means of cards, accounts, or paypal, seem to purchase an oculus rift. It's kinda hard to give you positive feedback when I CANNOT PURCHASE YOUR WARES.

Seems like bad business to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feed back

1. Get your teams back into the retail space. They are very helpful and would prevent the 1 week of headache i have trying to get this to run on my VR "ready" PC

2. Get your PC system checker back up and running. Might help a bit, Vive and Steam both have good ones.

3. Fix the USB3 issues. Holy **** is this a train wreck.

4. Get more video cards supported. Again, another train wreck. Either i have to down grade my card to meet the spec or spend $600 on a card that still doesn't do what my current card does.
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Non-Human Avatar Options

The best part of VR is escaping my boring human existence... so why do I still have to look like a human? I can never even make the human avatar look like ME anyways, and it drives me crazy.

Robots, Monsters, Animal-People, all would be great to have as avatar options.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can you support a public school pilot project for VR Classroom for distance learning? douglasboheman@yahoo.com

I spoke to a representative from Vancouver School District Superintendent’s office regarding developing a “Traditional School, VR” in Sansar as an answer to a better ‘distance learning’ option to Zoom meetings. I have friends inworld from Sansar Studio and Linden Lab that can help development of the classroom, but no funding for computers and VR headsets. Would Oculus be able to donate some equipment for a pilot protect. My motivation comes from desperatation after being AWOL from my profession as a land surveyor. I have a BS in CE, not a masters in education. I need to be out in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow external tracking on the rift s

Allow external tracking on the rift s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Backup of the saved progress for any game, in the could or not

Every now and then, for many reasons, most people needs to reinstall Windows. And every time there precious things done in the Oculus titles are lost forever. Please, add a simple system to backup and restore not only the games but also the progress made in any title played. Another plus, a good feature, could be to choose between a backup in the cloud or in the personal hard disk. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't Make Gaming "Social"

I liked how gaming used to be where your game account wasn't tied to your social media account... for the sake of privacy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase Resolution and Field of View

Make Oculus headsets that have much higher resolution and field of view for PC gaming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use Oculus HMDs as Virtual Large Screen Monitors

Use Oculus HMDs as Virtual Large Screen Monitors

I liked to use Bigscreen to watch videos but now it has all this bloated community stuff which I do not like, and it does not work well when you have two monitors. I would watch in the void environment (just black - simple) Now I just use oculus Home theater place and pin my main display. I wanted to play PS4 and Switch games on a large virtual monitor but do not want to stream the games from an Elgato as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/u7Q4fdMQlL0. I backed an expensive…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A setting to turn off controller vibration

I have a problem with my right touch controller, when it vibrates on max the controller buzzes loudly and annoyingly to the point I had to uninstall a game "Gorn" because everytime I hit an opponent the controller starts buzzing very loudly and annoyingly, there are lots of people that have this problem aswell, vibrations also drain a big amount of battery and some people even experience lagging when the controllers vibrate, adding an option to turn off all controller vibration to the Oculus settings would be great, just google "Rift S how to turn off controller vibration" and youll…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

Create a Blender 3D plug-in to export to the proper format for the Oculus Home. It is currently a difficult process.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full finger tracking?

After the release of the valve index, and more importantly the knuckles controllers, what are your plans to meet this new bar?

I don't have anything in mind, just I would like something similar to the knuckles just not as large and cumbersome. More oculus. I think this would greatly increase support for your headsets as well as the already successful oculus quest as if you were to design the controller's, I would be compatible with the quest and rift s.

Actually, I have one idea... a tracking ring around the wrist, visible at almost all angles!

A complicated idea…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Separate the Quest and Rift HOME programs. Sick and tired of my Rift constatly getting bugged out due to Quest updates.

YOu guys have said it yourselves, Rift is a mature platform and doesn't need much if any more development.

So whey then does the rift keep getting bugged out with ever single #($&*#$ Home update that only is providing Quest features?

I want the Rift Home program and the Quest home program separated. PUsh out Quest updates to their own separate program LEAVE US RIFTers ALONE! Our system works if you guys would stock F'ing around with it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base