Oculus Rift S and Rift

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Ho do you make a formal complaint ?

Is it possible to make a formal complaint about Facebook Reality Labs "Support"?

I have been on a merry-go-round for two months and my issue is still not fixed. All I want now is a refund. I was offered a refund then the offer was withdrawn.

I'm my only recourse to invade a solicitor ?

When I asked how to make a formal complaint I was given a link to this forum !

Attached is a transcript of the madness Oculus call support

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You abandoned the Rift S!

You forgot the Rift S and think only of the Quest.

It is shameful ! you will lose a lot of oculus users at the first opportunity! you evolved the quest and nothing for the Rift S.

All the other brands surpass you .. valve, HTC etc ... they already have adjustment options ...

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TRy actually replying to your ticket ...

Actually answer users back to their support tickets the minute you realise it needs a replacement unit under warranty .. YOUR ANSWER ISB IGNORE ALL COMMUNICATION... terrible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. So the most recent issue with the blank screen is an easy fix

The problem with the current software is something to do with the support files, i rolled the support files back and the software botted up no problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Trade-ins.

Add a option to trade in your Rift S for a quest 2 or the other way around.

BUT if you want to trade in a rift s/quest 2 for the other headset it needs to be in good/perfect condition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let Rift S player stay on the v.17 oculus version.

Hey Oculus, so we have a massive problem with the recent update you did. So a lot of player from Echo VR a well known game in the community have now a crash when they join the PTS of the game(so the last update) cause we are on v17. Why you just don’t let us play on the version we want, we all use v17 because there is a particular way of shooting and we just can’t use the v23. Please let us play.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update Oculus rift accessories

I got the oculus rift on Christmas of 2018 and since day one the right controller did not work at all. I have being asking staff at support for 2 straight years and did not get a replacement controller. Now as I try to just buy the right controller it isn't even available online on the website. So I thing Y'all need to restock the oculus rift accessories so I can finally play bloody Vr.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Work

Have your products actually work, have your software actually recognize that the display port is connected when it's using the minidisplay port adapter that comes in the box, have the oculus s work without the bugy oculus link software, actually make your garbage products work, I expect things to work if I spent over $300 on it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Xbox compatibality

Make the headset compatible with Xbox like you did with pc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let us turn off the vibration

I recently had a mishap with my Right Controller and it now causes the vibration to sound violent and makes it impossible to play games when the controller is constantly losing tracking. We should have an option to turn off the vibration as it doesn’t ruin our experience to lose tracking.

My controller works perfectly fine without the vibration so why should I have to pay $70 for a new controller when it’s such a tiny and fixable issue.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to opt out of new "lifelike avatars"

I recently accidentally clicked on this mirror that had appeared in my home (entirely unsolicited) which is an interface for setting up a new "life-like" avatar. The issue is that as soon as I clicked on the mirror a new randomized avatar was created and forced on me. I do not want this avatar, I do not want ANY of the new "life-like" customizable avatar; I want the old "ghost hands" default back. There appears to be no option to undo this change, but I absolutely hate the new avatars, they're deeply annoying.

Please allow the option to disable the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add controller calibration and customization options

I've recently run into a problem with my controllers where one of my grip buttons has physically malfunctioned so that it is slightly pressed in, about 15-20% of it's range. This causes problems with some games due to the fact that the entire range is needed for interactions, and it's causing the grip release to be lagged. I believe this problem, and others like it, could be fixed with a menu where you can calibrate and adjust deadzones on the sensitive parts of the controller, as full movement and precision is needed for nearly any action in vr controls.
    SteamVR…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Accessible Content Easier to Find

Your site claims that Occulus supports people with disabilities. However, there is no way to easily find accessible games. Even the simplest search, like searching for games that can be played while sitting (and, honestly, I'm shocked you don't have a game play type search even for players without disabilities), is not available on your site. That, in particular, is such an easy search to create because that information is already in your database, so it would just be a matter of making a query. As of right now, that's the only reason I haven't purchased an Oculus device. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove Rift CV1 Support page links to places you can purchase replacement parts I don't need to explain why.

Hey follow this link to get replacement parts for your cherished Rift CV1...

Ok so which model of Rift S or Quest do you own? Neither? Oh okay then we don't actually have anything for that unsupported HMD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add thermal feeling function

To experience more real sense(ex.thermal sense), some thermal sense reproduction function would be needed for Oculus.
    Does Oculus have some ideas?
    We can propose our products(Peltier device) to realize reproduction of thermal sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add keyboard hand tracking (passtrough) on your real keyboard if you sit behind a desk

If we could use a keyboard, (shown in vr, but tracked the real hand movement on keys) that would be a killer feature for using the headset as a monitor

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. extender

please make a USB and DisplayPort extender with an amplifier this way the signal won't be lost with extension and those who need to go further away from their pc can.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 84 85

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base