Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Windows 10 Change Drive Letter with Occulus Install on it

When installing new dives Windows re-labels existing ones. This means Oculus doesnt run (noticed by missing shortcut icon on taskbar - I put the shortcut there). Goto run from client.exe (not from shortcut), and error message appears, asks user to re-install, fails. Go to uninstall manually - fails - oculus is no longer on the drive it was originally installed on. Need to fix this by looking at the drive letter Windows uninstaller can't find the install on, then moving the drive letter with Oculus on it back to this letter. Then reinstall. What a nightmare, have you any idea…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like an option to have a night mode

I would like an option to have a night mode in the menu and change the color of the menu by a black color, or the real camera which by default and white ca petes the eyes at night thank you to change it or simply make a possibility of meter a night mode with yellow light like on Apple Night Shift
    https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT207513

https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/iphone/iph60ba71065/ios

the helmet hurts the eyes at night, we did not have to launch oculus mirror to deactivate the dashboard all white, this option and waited a long time thank you for doing this for us?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. j'aimerai une option pour avoir un mode nuit

j'aimerai une option pour avoir un mode nuit dans le menu et changer la couleur du menu par une couleur noir, ou la camera réel qui par defaut et blanc ca pete les yeux la nuit merci de changer ca ou simplement faire une possibiliter de metre un mode nuit avec lumière jaune comme sur Night Shift de apple
    https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT207513

https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/iphone/iph60ba71065/ios

le casque fait mal au yeux la nuit , on n'ai obliger de lancer oculus mirror pour desactiver le tableau de bord tous blanc , cette option et attendu depuis longtemps merci de faire ceci pour nous ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. create a night mode option as for quest

I would like to have a night mode in the case of VR oculus rift s and it is possible to do this dress in the eyes of people thank you in advance it's been 1 year that I wait for this function can you make an update day of the cdt headset, otherwise I love this VR headset but it misses the night mode sorely absent from the headset and which is really lacking it tires the eyes enormously, we do well the night mode on phones why not on a VR headset it's even worse because it's directly…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option "Mode nuit" pour réduire l'exposition à la lumière bleue

faite une option pour baiser la luminosité si c’est possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. faire un mode nuit et avoir hand traking sur rift s

j’aimerai avoir un mode nuit dans le cas que de VR oculus rift s et -il possible de faire ce ci panser aux yeux des gens merci d'avance ça fait 1 ans que j’attend cette fonction pouvez-vous faire une mise à jour du casque cdt ,sinon j’adore ce casque de VR mais il manque le mode nuit cruellement absent du casque et qui fait vraiment défaut ca fatigue énormément les yeux, on fait bien les mode nuit sur des téléphone pourquoi pas sur un casque de VR c'est encore pire puise que c'est directement sur les yeux s’il-vous-plais faite quelle…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mic Options

Simple and Easy update request.

Please allow three options for built in mic.
    -mute/off (currently able to do this)
    -allow mic only while using headset (auto off when headset is off)
    -always on (not currently available to do this (stop mic from going dormant when headset not in use... allowing you to use voice commands with windows without having to add a standalone mic)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Controller Support

The 100,000's of people that bought the Rift have no viable option for controller support. This is very concerning, and does not give any incentive to people to continue to support your platform or ecosystem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have them in stock so people can buy your product-_-

Have them in stock so we can actually buy them

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add option to turn off haptics

Please add option to disable the haptics.. there are oculus only games that cannot be played because the option to turn off haptics is not there. On all steam games once the haptics are turned off the games run smooth with no issues.. so we need this option in order to further purchase oculus games.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make a fogot password

MAKE A FORGOT PASSWORD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please give the Rift S some love!

Hi Oculus,
    I have been fighting issues with my Rift S for a while now and am waiting for my RMA to return in the mail. I have had problems that include robot mic, speakers popping, random loss of tracking, and, most annoyingly, constant headset crashing remedied only be restarting my PC.

Just so that you know: All of these issues spawned from and Oculus Software update that mainly had changes only for Oculus Quest Link. Please pass this on to your developers and let them know that they need to get these issues resolved, even if it is just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can youplease make an update that detects the oculus rift s usb3.0 connections in shadow?

Matthijs Nihot

31 May 2020, 20:53:04 WEST

Can youplease make an update that detects the oculus rift s connections
    in shadow?
    This way i can use my shadow to boost my vr experience.
    It would be very helpfull to a lot of folks who bought the oculus s,
    like i did.
    I hope in the future i will be able to use shadow for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow preordered games to be downloaded ahead of the release date

Simple concept, this is something that the PlayStation Store already offers. Basically, there’s a 48 hour window prior to a games release where, if you’ve preordered the game, you’ll be able to download it ahead of time, to let you play the game as soon as it’s available.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. the microphone and gross since the last update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello I contact you because there is a big problem with the oculus rift s helmet, your last update has destroyed the experience of the rift s the microphone and all just since your last bug update of its horrible griment we didn ' would almost become mute thank you for finding the fault as soon as possible the microphone and thaws I have never seen that, it is a software problem the oculus software and made for the quest but it and incompatible with the rift s does what thing it's just horrible you are destroying the experience of

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. le micro et dégeulass depuis la dernière mise a jour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonjour je vous contact car il Ya de gros problème avec le casque oculus rift s , votre dernière mis e ajour a détruit l’expérience du rift s le micro et tous simplement à chiez depuis votre dernière mise jour bug de son griment horrible on n’en viendrait presque à devenir muet merci de trouver la panne au plus vite le micro et dégelasse j’ai jamais vue ca , c’est un problème logiciel le logiciel oculus et fait pour la quest mais il et incompatible avec le rift s faite quelle chose c’est juste horrible vous êtes en train de…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add Singapore to your list of supported countries

I recently purchased the Rift S through Amazon. Everything is working swell but it turns out that you don’t officially support my country so I can’t buy replacements of accessories directly from you only third party accessories via other means.

This is a huge disappointment for me, I hope that you can expand your support to my county and perhaps neighboring countries in the region too!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix the Problems that matter.

I am speaking for a majority of the users, who are experiencing issues on a daily basis, and we need updates that aren't disappointing, we feel like The rift s is an abandoned child of the Oculus Line up, FIX THE PROBLEMS THAT MATTER!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PROVIDE A SERVICE WORTHY OF THIS NAME

My Rift S, since brand new, locks at every PC restart. I opened a ticket (#1212325) with your customer service on March the 28th and till today, May 30th they have not provided a solution yet!
    Every time I contact them, I get the same answer "The issue is well known as it involves many customers and is currently under investigation".
    This is a shame, especially for a company aiming to be a market leader.
    Mario de Lucia, Italy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dlss 2 & 3

DLSS 2 & 3 support for SSAA with no foveated.
    Ready for 4K HMDs

Ampere gpu's prize will drop the Turing's prize.

It will be a chance for buy a 2.060 super and that gpu will be the new standard instead of 1.060.

With Link could increse bitrate x pixel using lower resolution if Quest could do DLSS 2 clone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base