Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Let developers host rooms for matchmaking/demo environments

We currently need a solution for multiplayer lobbies - you enter an experience without knowing how populated it is and it can difficult to find like minded people to group up with. How about if developers could host a home room associated with a product that other users could meet in. They could even be themed using props from the respective games so that potential buyers could get an idea of the product.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow interaction with pinned windows by long pressing the menu button.

A quick press would still open dash, but a long press would just show your hands and allow interacting with pinned windows without bringing up the rest of dash/your belt.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have separate volume controls for the VR app and the dash app.

As an example of conflict, Google Earth VR has wind noise at elevation which cannot be turned off. If you are streaming music from a web page as you "surf" in Google Earth VR, it mixes with the wind noise and is very annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Continue playing music from desktop

I love how I can access my desktop from in the Rift now, it's awesome! However, not allowing music to continue playing in the background is a bit of a pain. I would like to be able to play music from my desktop without having to have a window open for it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. place and pin an image of keyboard

Dear Oculus, maybe you can implement this: outline your keyboard using Touch controller... take a picture of it and place it as overlay there using Touch controller. Then no need to track as long as it stays still

Would also love to do this with, say, picture of keyboard instrument of choice

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. multiple application on dash

Hello, the Dash Idea and Oculus Desktop is very cool, I have tried it out for multiple window with Microsoft Word, but it crashed.
    However it works with single document on MS Word, both running with PowerPoint, Spotify, and a bit glitch with Google Chrome.

Finger crossed its fixed on next patch
    Good job Guys

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Some kind of tool or system for aligning and distributing arrays of objects.

Lining up hundreds of achievements and game boxes could take seconds, but instead its hours of painstaking hand placement? XD

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add optional teleport release button

I find it difficult to release the joystick without bumping the desired location and orientation. If we could just squeeze the trigger instead, I think it will be easier to relocate accurately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pointer accuracy issues

Where I'm pointing and where it's actually clicking are different. Maybe it's just me but it's a frustrating issue

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The sound effect when you enter home is really loud and abrasive

It's a cool sound and all, but when doing VR dev and keeping the headset near by, it makes this sound every time I stop playtesting. It's getting really annoying.

I miss the old gentle fire crackle and grasshoppers that used to fade in as I rested the dev set on my head after doing a playtest. At least make the noise far more subtle and quiet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest’s using Oculus GO or Gear VR

Would like to get some support for Friends visiting my Home for a Chat using Oculus Go or Gear VR!

Maybe some Facebook Spaces integration..

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjust tapping distance

I love being able to interact with items and my virtual screen without even pressing a button, just like Minority Report! Unfortunately it activates about an inch away from the "screen" instead of when the virtual finger intersects with the screen. I would love to see this activation distance be adjustable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Detach the achievement art from box art and hang it like a painting / poster.

Exactly as stated in the title. The combined box art achievement art rectangle isn't attractive. But the box art alone (vertical or wide) as a poster, or the achievements alone as square painting would be lovely.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Differentiate between installed and uninstalled apps in Home decorating window

It's difficult to find all the boxes and cartridges for installed software in the Home decorating window. The library items don't distinguish between installed or not.

Additionally, would be nice if you'd have the option to automatically spawn the box and cartridge of an app when you install it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Connect with IoT objects in your home and control them in VR eg security cameras

Add applications to the home section, like somebody else proposed (eg spotify) but also iot applications eg controlling cameras at home or room temperature controls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need way to stream Home to OBS/Geforce Experience/FB/YT

Really need a way to share what's inside of your Home to the outside world! Would love to see ability to share what you are seeing to FB, YT, OBS, Twitch and Geforce Experience (screen recording).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Demo Scene that was mentioned in past interview

A while back there was the idea for each game to have a demo scene that a person could try out before buying a game. It was a cool idea and think this should still be something you do.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow us to pin Home objects in Dash that show up in games.

As a way to model your surroundings so you can avoid that coffee table or orient yourself. Or just so I can have a cool digital bird flying around in my Elite cockpit with me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I see a way to strengthen the VR exploration by adding uses.

Additional uses for this technology could be to have a headset with specific abilities available in critical locations for helping desperate people in desperate situations. These could have an added forward facing camera to give the wearer and supervisor in a different location real imagery along with 2-way communication between point and superviser. Such could be in an unmaned nature lodge with lifesaving medical procedures. They could be worn by a team of people under the guidance of a manager when doing such as trying to find a child lost in a forest. A headset could even find a place…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base