Oculus Rift S and Rift

Welcome to the Oculus Rift S and Rift feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Rift platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Dash: Oculus Dash is the in-VR command center the pops up when you hit the Oculus button on your Touch controller. Dash allows you to access PC Desktop apps, your VR Library, and other system settings and services from anywhere in VR.
  • Desktop App: This is the out-of-VR Oculus application on your PC that allows you to do things like browse the store, manage your settings, and view your friends list, among other things.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Home: This is your customizable in-VR home where you can show off your unique style and decorations.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place. The Store category covers both the out-of-VR and in-VR stores.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Rift S and Rift!    
  1. Ad windows sound/audio out selection to Core 2.0. Would be useful when watching a video

Ad windows audio out selection to Core 2.0. Would be useful when watching a video

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to look through phone's connected camera from the oculus

If you could access a connected phone's cam in a small screen in front of the corner of your eye you could " see your room " while you're gaming. So that, while playing, you could keep an eye on your kids or your weird friend that you don't trust completely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allows to crop or provide custom desktop window sizes.

I like to have a lot of apps open but currently every window is displayed as a wide rectangle that I can only change the scale of. It would be great to crop some windows. I'm thinking of a music player where I really don't need to see everything on the page but only the play/pause/rewind/skip buttons. I also know that many apps have a responsive design and it would be great to resize some windows either live or pre-made shapes so some items could display in a mobile format. For one that would be great for web designers who…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to dismiss warnings while in virtual desktop in Dash

The "Unsupported hardware" warning in Dash's virtual desktop is rather big and obscures lower part of the desktop, making it awkward to peek "over" the warning.

Moreover, there does not seem to be currently a way to dismiss the warning. It would be great if there were, otherwise I need to start going back to hardware description file hacking, because it is very annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I was a bit confused with how to switch between desktop and library

As I was in the store app on Dash, I had the desktop app open as well. When I tried to change to my library, it said please wait as it was trying to close the store app. This looped until I just turned off my rift. I also don't think its a good idea to be able to move the desktop screen closer and further away because new users can accidentally do that and not understand what is going on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full 5 sensory feedback + better controls

The ability to taste, touch, hear, smell, and see everything.
    Also more importantly, Superior human interface controls.
    Either better controllers or brainwave based input?

If you say it can't be done, the moon was not reachable until we proved that notion false... Don't limit your mind with self imposed barriers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Oculus Dekstop: disable headtracking into games

I use Oculus Desktop to run app and play games.
    In FPS games like Ghost Recon Wildlands or ARMA 3 I would like to disable the headtracking function if not games are not playable!
    Bigscreen works like a charm but would not launch another app instead the Oculus Desktopone.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Minimal/Developer Mode

The Home area is pretty cool until you are trying to do some work or frequently exiting a game/app.

When trying to work with Unreal for testing quick things every time I exit I get the home loading up sounds and animations. This gets real annoying when you are frequently testing and closing the test window.

Also in games like Assetto Corsa where you have to go back to desktop to select another car loading up home every time is a real pain. Not to mention it probably can use up memory for the track the game is using to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to go directly to library at startup

99.9% of the time this is why I open the app. There's no reason to require an extra click to get there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cord Tangling... NO MORE!

Like the one in Racket: NX. Check the attached file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Standard 3D navigator for the editor.

Give objects the standard 3d compass to move and rotate precisely on a specific axis. Including a snap measurement for even more precision.

Would also be nice to be a giant while editing your home from outside/above.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The desktop app is too big in size

The default size is a lot bigger than before. Whenever I open the app, the vertical length is maximised to cover the entire screen (1440x900). I can resize it to roughly the same as the 1.20 Oculus app, but it doesn't retain the size upon restarting the app.

Please make the app remember the last set size, and/or scale the default to the resolution of the screen (or just use the previous size).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Greek (and other languages) keyboard

I have english and greek keyboard in windows. I can only use and write in english. I cannot change keyboard language. Please fix it so we can change keyobaord langauges.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desktop window hides Dash window - make the "center stage" dash window jut upward

The desktop window hides whatever dash window/app has been set in the "center stage" area that's marked with a diamond. It could be useful to have that dash app jut upward, like a card emerging from a pack of cards, in order to be able to interact with it without having to constantly close and open the desktop window.

This seems especially useful because whatever has taken that "center stage" is probably more important than the stuff dashed to the sides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tabbed teared out window

allow tab on tear out window to make it more compact, especially when its a pinned window and allow switch tab on pointed app outside of dash with Oculus button + left analog left/right direction

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mouse click inaccurate/unusable in Desktop app

When using desktop anywhere inside oculus, my mouse click is extremely inaccurate (most of the times the clicks happen a few inches high and to the left of where I'm pointing), making clicking on anything almost impossible. How can I fix this?

Running Windows 10, ryzen 7 1700 and NVidia gtx 1070ti. Thanks!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the Dead & Buried "Colocation" feature from Oculus Connect 5 a native part of the Rift's SDK

At OC5, the Dead and Buried demo had a feature that allowed spectators to watch the game using the AR feature on a tablet.

Others have demonstrated that this is also possible with headsets which don't use SLAM-based inside-out tracking: https://owlchemylabs.com/owlchemy-mobile-spectator-ar-spectator-camera/

Making this feature a native part of the Rift's SDK would make it way easier to show Rift experiences to friends on social media, and could even be incorporated into games to allow asymmetric multiplayer experiences (where players use their phones to interact with a person in VR).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add setting to Deactivate oculus rift 2.0 function on Xbox controller in order to play non VR games on PC such as fifa

While lunching fifa (nonVR game) on oculus rift beta 2.0, the xbox controller buttoms functioning as touch controller, LT zooming the screen, RT opening another screen and so on. Therefore, if you can add an option on Oculus rift setting to deactivate these function on XBOX 1 game bad will be great in order to enjoy the game using the screen on Oculus rift. Also if we you add an option to remove the pointer on the screen that moves according to head's movement as it bothers while playing the game and it does function as pointer on game selections.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Rift S and Rift

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base